Comments Thread For: DAZN To Stream Canelo-Fielding Card, Future Canelo Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    hearn isnt dazn, he doesnt own dazn
    Hearn is responsible for the Boxing content on DAZN just like Top Rank is responsible for the Boxing content on ESPN.

No other promoter can broadcast a show on DAZN without dealing with Hearn and no other promoter can broadcast a show on ESPN without dealing with Top Rank.

Comment

This is a massive coup for Hearn, particularly if it's an exclusive deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Oscar cut his own deal with DAZN just like he said he would do
        Eddie:“Networks need to align with one promoter. Sometimes fans don’t like it but all the promoters, whether you like it or not, are in some way working against each other. So to be working on the same platform, it just doesn’t work. You know, Showtime has got their affiliation with Al Haymon. You know, HBO are doing a bit of everything at the moment. DAZN are exclusive with us. ESPN+ are exclusive with Top Rank and I think that’s the way to go; you know?

You can't get on DAZN without Eddie. Obviously whats good for DAZN is good for Eddie and so obviously he is going to approve the deal.
        Last edited by Stinger1; 10-16-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Suddenly, Hearn's pathetic, ****ty app that no big names will ever want to fight on has nothing to do with Hearn any more!
          You Britt boys are ridiculous lol. It was never “Hearns app”.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
            Do these idiots at DAZN know that Mexico has really slow wi-fi. Nobody in Mexico paying for that trash app
            There is no DAZN in Mexico. This won't effect Canelo's existing TV deals in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Suspect its gunna be tied to a larger Golden Boy deal, DAZN taking on all the GB content that would have been on HBO, ESPN and Facebook
              GBP doesn't have many fighters minus a few like DDLH or Linares, but I REALLY like some of their prospects like Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Either way, you don't think twice about sending big bucks to get Canelo on your platform. And it is a multi-fight deal which is even better. I can't imagine if he fights GGG or someone like that it will be on DAZN, but for fights like Fielding or Smith? Why not? Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Has nothing to do with Hearn. Deal is directly with DAZN. Just like the Boxing Tournament they just bought without anything to do with Hearn.
                Not true...Boxing tournament has to deal with Hearn in some fashion since he has the exclusive boxing content rights. He doesn't have to promote the event but they have to work with him in order to broadcast on DAZN....all boxing promoter do.

It's the same deal Top Rank has with ESPN. The Kovalev/Alvarez fight is not promoted by Top Rank but Main Events had to strike a deal with Top Rank in order to broadcast on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Oscar cut his own deal with DAZN just like he said he would do
                  Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  You Britt boys are ridiculous lol. It was never “Hearns app”.
                  That's not what I've been reading here about it!

Comment

DAZN haven’t announced this. Today’s press had no DAZN banners around.

Is this a true story?

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      read it gumbo. Joshua & canelo and canelo is fighting fielding who is promoted by hearn.
                      As i said before gumbo read it and weep

hearn has no shot to promote a US ppv to a mexican american audience. no shot! they'll kick the tires on a tune up, btu that is it!

i'm happy that canelo will tune up on dazn, but he will be on PPV whenever he's not fighting rocky fielding.

Comment

Working...
                      X