Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a fan of both Spence and Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence is okay. Crawford is too predictable to beat Spence. Not a fan of either. Thurman is multifaceted and schools them both.

Comment

I feel they can get it made if both fighters want it enough. The question is do they both want it right now?

As of right now I'm not sure who I'd pick to win. Both top quality.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamonkey View Post
        It drives me crazy when people make it seem like Spence doesn’t want to fight the best out there. He’s literally been calling out the top dogs since he was 15-0. If it was that easy for him as the fighter to make these fights, he would. It’s just too much politics. I believe they are the two best WWs, however, I have no doubt Spence is the superior fighter.

Crawford’s only loss at 147 will come by a loss to Spence. I disagree with anyone who thinks Bud is going to be able to withstand the blows.

I think Crawford is a great fighter with both boxing IQ and real heart/grit. With that said, some people are built for the sport more than others. Spence’s defense, footwork, speed, and timing are all underrated. Reason being, he needs the big names to showcase them. People think Spence just comes forward without any caution. It’s exactly the opposite. We underestimate his ability to gauge his opponents power. If he doesn’t respect it enough, then he will run you down and then put it in reverse over you.

If he does respect his opponents power, he will slide in and out ripping to the body and the head till you weaken. Then he will run you over.
        Crawford’s downfall will be lack of ability to hurt Spence OR engaging in a firefight with a dude that breaks ribs and orbital bones.

His name causes trembling in boxing gyms in Texas and Vegas. Why? Because he hurts people with 16oz gloves and headgear. Hence his sparring partners are almost always in weight classes above 147lbs. He’s barely 28yrs old and started boxing at 15. No wear and tear and still learning tons as well.
        You're a fan because he says he wants to fight the best? I get it, hypothetical situations make him the best fighter on the planet

Now, more seriously, forget the Crawford fight for a second because yes, there are certain things getting in the way of that but what is getting in the way of fights such as Porter, Garcia or Thurman?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          I truely believe they’re both the best Welters on the planet and I understand they can’t fight cause of networks but espn is much easier to work with than hbo cause they cover everything reguardless I don’t see it as a hard fight to make.
          Who has crawford fought at ww that makes u believe he is one of the best wws in the world?? He looked bad vs a guy not ranked in the top 20! Hes lucky to be the 4th best we in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Can I ask why you are a fan of Errol Spence?

I'm just curious because he has spent a career fighting absolute nobodies, got a win over Brook and his only other, somewhat worthy win, is Lamont Peterson.

That is very curious to me.
            People can say what they want about spence resume but this is the same guy that gave it to floyd! That is a 100% FACT!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              You're a fan because he says he wants to fight the best? I get it, hypothetical situations make him the best fighter on the planet

Now, more seriously, forget the Crawford fight for a second because yes, there are certain things getting in the way of that but what is getting in the way of fights such as Porter, Garcia or Thurman?
              Firstly, I never said he was the best fighter on the planet. Secondly, the second paragraph are valid reasons as to why he is better than most people give him credit for. I’m a fan of the top 5 WWs. I just think Spence at this moment is better.

Thirdly, you can use several of Spence’s fights to measure his potential. It doesn’t take a much to see that he has that potential to be great. He’s just waiting on the opportunity. You’re not going to be as successful as the opportunities you’ve gotten.

Finally, I’m a prophet lol.

Comment

Both of them are top 3 welterweights. If they want to be the best though they have to beat the top dog from 135-168 Mikey Garcia.

Comment

How can spence prove he is the best when the so called other best wws refuse to fight him? He will not move up in weight until charlo
                  leaves 154.

Comment

I like both but they arent fighting for a long time is my gut feeling. Neither guy really wants it. Are they the best welters today? Cant say definitively when Keith Thurman still has two wins over better competiton than either Crawford or Spence has faced. I think Crawford and Spence would beat both guys too, but it hasnt happened so for me, he edge goes to Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Definitely the 2 best welters. I think it's childish that people here feel they need to bash one or the other.
                      Yeah they are but it s*cks to see their weak resume at the prime of their career. Spence has 1 name on his resume and its Brook.

They need to fight top guys of they want to be considered great fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X