Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among any welterweights in history, who would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De La Hoya (Prime)

Felix Trinidad and Pernell Whitaker prolly get the job done too.

Comment

hearns, leonard, duran i would pick against him. prime pacquiao has a good shot but id favour mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        Tbh, any prime elite ww of the past has a shot. It's not like all these guys were bums or walkovers...literally anyone has a shot against anyone on any given night. I'm talking about the guys who proved themselves to be the absolute cream of the crop from each era.
        Boom. This is the one!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Why would you use a 37 year old Mayweather as an example?

Does a 35 year old Armstrong stand a chance against a prime Mayweather?

Who are the prime legit WWs that Floyd fought and beat? That is why there are plenty of prime legit WWs that can be thrown around (included).

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            Who are the prime legit WWs that Floyd fought and beat? That is why there are plenty of prime legit WWs that can be thrown around (included).
            Has nothing to do with my post.

Comment

In my opinion some of the recent fighters would be: Cotto, Pacquiao, Paul Williams in their prime would have had a good chance of beating Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Hearns, SRR, Jose Napoles. Even money to beat him, the Duran who beat Leonard, The Leonard who beat Hearns, Emile Griffith and Henry Armstrong.
                I'd add Luis Rodriguez to that. I couldn't see Mayweather beating him. Rodriguez was an excellent mover, with really high volume, excellent accuracy and a great jab. That jab would be in Floyd's face and he'd simply outwork him and would be just as quick.

I'd say after Hearns that's the worst style match for him of the last 50/60 years.

I'd also add Wilfred Benitez too. Great defense and not really seen Floyd have to deal with a great defensive fighter or someone with great movement and legs like him and especially Rodriguez. Kid Gavilan too.

Pernell Whitaker I'd pick too as he's a defensive puzzle and a better fighter at his best. I felt De La Hoya deserved the W when he was borderline shot and coked out/depressed/inactive so logic would say he does even better at 147. I think Tito Trinidad could be too big and hit too hard. Paul Williams is another with a hard style for him too.

Some fights that would be just about 50/50 would be Ike Quartey, (early 2000's) Mosley, Pacquaio from late 2000's, Vernon Forrest.
                Last edited by chrisJS; 10-17-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  You can say that Floyd at WW wasn't his best weight and had already adapted his style to his hand injuries. Ironically every fighter has to be in their prime to have a shot to beat the 147 Floyd that wasn't even in his prime. Prime Floyd was before he moved up to 147 and before his hand injury.
                  prime froid lost to castillo lol duran destroys him at 135. he isn't beating anyone there either

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                    prime froid lost to castillo lol duran destroys him at 135. he isn't beating anyone there either
                    Duran lost to lesser fighters than Floyd, to say Duran destroys is stupid when he couldn't even beat or destroy lesser fighters like Esteban de Jesus , Robbie Sims or Kirkland Laing.

Comment

Hypothetically give Money Mayweather’s experience to PBF and most of those guys would either lose or win in a very close fight!

Since this is fantasy it’s only right to be hypothetical!

I like Floyd’s chances with that cuz it’s his experiences as an older fighter with his prime body and fresher hands!

Would be some really good fights that I would pay top dollars to witness!

Comment

Working...
                      X