Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among any welterweights in history, who would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbh, any prime elite ww of the past has a shot. It's not like all these guys were bums or walkovers...literally anyone has a shot against anyone on any given night. I'm talking about the guys who proved themselves to be the absolute cream of the crop from each era.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Hearns, SRR, Jose Napoles. Even money to beat him, the Duran who beat Leonard, The Leonard who beat Hearns, Emile Griffith and Henry Armstrong.
      I agree, but any Duran that took the fight seriously.

Comment

Thats not floyd's weight, a lot of guys, most ATG welters would beat him up. Hes not big enough. For example, while Hearn's jab was superb, and while Sugar Ray Robinson was...well Sugar Ray Robinson, and these might factor into any weight class, Leonard's and Duran's size would be a big factor. Some guys can carry it up no doubt... Duran could, but watching Floyd against a guy like madianna can you imagine him keeping guys like Armstrong off of him? Guys like Basilo?

Comment

“Hawk Time” Aaron Pryor matchup would intrigue me.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
            Among any welterweights in history, who would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?

None. 80% of Floyd's resume is 15lbs bigger than him. I think he is too skilled, instinctive for all of those outdated fighters.

If we want Floyd to get beaten, lets go one weight class above his highest, and plenty can beat him on a "size and force" technicality.

Hagler or someone like that. But skill for skill, same weight class, impossible.

Comment

Irishman

Eamonn Magee the terminator

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                Tbh, any prime elite ww of the past has a shot. It's not like all these guys were bums or walkovers...literally anyone has a shot against anyone on any given night. I'm talking about the guys who proved themselves to be the absolute cream of the crop from each era.
                Solid post. It's all fantasy so pick who you want. I would add 147lbs-160lbers from same day weigh in eras to fight modern day 147lbers. In the ring a lot of welterweights today would be middleweights by same day weigh in standards.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Thats not floyd's weight, a lot of guys, most ATG welters would beat him up. Hes not big enough. For example, while Hearn's jab was superb, and while Sugar Ray Robinson was...well Sugar Ray Robinson, and these might factor into any weight class, Leonard's and Duran's size would be a big factor. Some guys can carry it up no doubt... Duran could, but watching Floyd against a guy like madianna can you imagine him keeping guys like Armstrong off of him? Guys like Basilo?
                  Why would you use a 37 year old Mayweather as an example?

Does a 35 year old Armstrong stand a chance against a prime Mayweather?
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-15-2018, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Hearns, leonard, prime pac, duran

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
                      Errol Spence
                      Did Spence really knock him down in a sparring?

Comment

Working...
                      X