Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Breaks Down, Drops, Knocks Out Benavidez in Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    He could have fought Salido in an immediate rematch like all the great fighters throughout history did.
    Salido tried holding him to ransome literally saying "you need the fight more so you're going to pay me good money". I don't think many would dispute the outcome of a rematch. Loma avenged his losses in the amateurs so he's not a stranger to the concept and he's fought and beat better guys since Salido so....

Comment

• Excellent fight last night very entertaining. Jose caught Crawford with some good punches and Crawford did swing wild at times. But Crawford settled down and handled his business. Jose put up a tougher fight than expected.

Comment

• Hopefully Jose change that attitude of his. He has some skill not the dude thinks he's hot sh**. With that said he showed a good account of himself. I wanna see how he does from this point forward.

Comment

• Way to close the show for Crawford, at first I didn't think he was gonna stop him. He timed that uppercut perfect and sent Jose rolling on the canvas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
            Salido is a 4 time World Champ hardly a bum and hardly a very bad loss in a close fight with dirty tactics, did you even watch the fight? Just hating that people from outside America can be elite too.
            I did see the fight. I also felt Loma did a sht ton of excessive holding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Nothing wrong with that. Im down for those fights. Heck Pac/Loma ill watch also. If Pac hits him like Linares did I dont know if he gets up???
              That's the opinion many have after the Linares fight. Some wonder how a rematch would go. Mainly, the question is how well can he fair as the smaller guy. I don't think the liver shot on Linares gave us a definitive answer after the knock down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                He's not 140 and neither is Tank, Tank has stated he's not that ready and Loma wants Mikey after his next fight (a unification) as Mikey has a title at 135 for another unification. He's literally setting records for obtaining titles and moving up weight classes to fight top guys other top guys, everytime someone's gonna whoop him they get embarrassed and suddenly their a bum. I don't see how you can knock the rate he's trying to achieve, who do you have as doing more?
                Again mister sensitive...I didn't knock anything about Loma. I just don't think he is p4p #1. I also think a lot of his fans want him crowned #1 more than they want to see him fight the Mickey or anyone at 140. Wanting to fight someone isn't fighting them. I base my p4p list on who you fought and how you beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  So I'm sure the manner of Canelo's "victories" over Golovkin won't hinder his rise to the top of the rankings? Plus many saw him losing against Lara too.

People on here downgradingCrawford because of Benavidez's knee issue. But Crawford won.

Plus P4P is not as objective as you make out. People mark on the eye test as well. In truth they have to these days because there aren't enough true contender vs true contender fights occurring.
                  I just gave the facts and criteria concerning how the P4P rankings are scored. I didn’t speculate beyond that. For the most part, I can agree with the things you stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by marikudo View Post
                    It was a boring fight until the twelfth round when the knock down happened.
                    It was...but most of it was Benavidez's fault. For all the tough talk, he fought very tentative.

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
                      Oh so now he is a massive underdog and we are bringing in odds makers. LMAO!!! Whatever, losers make excuses and come up with theories instead of stating the facts. I called him a bum before the fight and Jose is a bum who lost and got dominated in most of the rounds and got stopped. Stop making excuses-LOL!!!
                      Now? No. Everyone knew this was a terrible fight.

Me, personally, I was fine with it because of the s hit talking and history but make no mistake, I’m not sure I saw anyone but a troll or two who knew the way the fight would turn out. I didnt expect Bevavidez to outbox/fight him in spots until he lost all mobility.

I used to actually like Benavidez and thought he showed more promise than his brother until he got shot and just kind of fell off the radar.

This wasnt some pick ‘em fight and watching you revel in this kind of victory is really odd. It’s like celebrating GGG beating Vanes or something odd.

We were all saying either “well, this fight might be better than expected but next time Bud needs a top dog.” Or “Cherry pick.”

The su****ions were only exacerbated by his sudden stopping of all movement and watching his leg shake.

Unfortunately for Benavidez, that “injury” likely cost him his career.

I get that you’re happy Bud won, we all are..but it all suddenly became very clear to most that he is definitely not considered one of the top two at Welter and maybe even top 3 until he proves it. Benavidez was indeed underrated and no credit should be taken from him but Bud might be in for a ride awakening against healthier, better skilled, bigger punching WW.

Comment

Working...
                      X