Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! Mcgregor vs Khabib PPV sales did over 2 million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Im not in the UFC's accounting books, but from what I understand in MMA the leagues do all the work with building up the fighters, building the events, covering various expenses of fighters, building the names & all sorts of up front costs thus get all that sexy back end money.

Its been said that its basically the exact opposite of boxing for this reason where 80% of the money goes to the boxers & 20% to everyone else & in MMA 20% goes to the fighters & 80% goes to everyone else, including the UFC. Don't know if its that good in boxing or that bad in MMA, but I'd bet that trend is true & the numbers might not be THAT far off.
    From my understanding of it, the model allows for lower tier fighters to be paid better than the equivalent tier boxer but in the top ppv draw will never get more than a top boxer, higher floor lower ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      That's considered dominant in MMA? No wonder i don't watch MMA.
      When one guy isnt in the fight it’s domination. Conor had nothing for him and was borderline helpless for like 18 minutes of that fight and tapped from something that wasnt even a choke. Many guys suck it up when its not under the chin. Dropped on the feet and looked like a child on the ground. It was so one sided that I cant envision a world where Conor beats Khabib. 100/100 for Lhabib..99/100 if we’re generous and Mcgregor lands one punch just right (which didnt seem to even phase Khabib)

It was so one sided that if allowed, Khabib coukd have literally raped and killed him. Dude even had enough energy to jump at Conor’s boy like he was prey
      Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-08-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
        IDK man UFC does take a large cut of PPV IMO. Overall I think Mcgregor was paid more then 3 million which he deserves. I estimate Mcgregor got somewhere between 10-15 million counting in sponsorship & international money.
        I've heard Anderson Silva, Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar & DC have had $10M+ paydays.

Hell man Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz & Liddell were making millions back in the old timey days when nobody knew ppv cuts were even a thing.

I'm pretty confident the UFC is fleecing fighters a lil to a lot, but I think people don't realize how much money is truly coming in if they don't think Conor is getting ~$20M for one of the biggest PPV events in history regardless if this 2M number stands or its merely close to 2M.

Comment

That is consistent with what they said before the fight. Dana said the projection was 2.5 million.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            When one guy isnt in the fight it’s domination. Conor had nothing for him.
            Conor won the 3rd round. I don't disagree it was largely a one sided beat down but Conor had some successes and is the only mfer to ever win a rd on Khabib. Khabib is a bad mfer, but Conor actually did better than anyone vs him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Huh? The ppv cut just like I said in the post you quoted lol.

Everyone knows by now name guys get a ppv cut in the UFC.

Sh^t is so basic & more casual fan known than Haymon second checks by now. Go look up the leaked Couture contract from 1995 or w/e if you are unaware.
              I dont care enough, I was just stating what his gurantee is cause that is a fact everything else you are guessing and assuming.

Yea we can assuming is he getting a percentage but that is as far as tha goes.

Comment

And they said there wasn't no reason for a rematch lmao. I think Conor wins the rematch. But he has to get into shape like he was for the Diaz 2 rematch. Khabib to me doesn't have real skill. He's a wrestler, and his fans say that he is a real practitioners......but i don't see it sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  When one guy isnt in the fight it’s domination. Conor had nothing for him and was borderline helpless for like 18 minutes of that fight and tapped from something that wasnt even a choke. Many guys suck it up when its not under the chin. Dropped on the feet and looked like a child on the ground. It was so one sided that I cant envision a world where Conor beats Khabib. 100/100 for Lhabib..99/100 if we’re generous and Mcgregor lands one punch just right (which didnt seem to even phase Khabib)

It was so one sided that if allowed, Khabib coukd have literally raped and killed him. Dude even had enough energy to jump at Conor’s boy like he was prey
                  I didn't even see him choke him out. Everytime they got on the ground I started looking at my phone.

Comment

We all knew that Khabib would take it to the ground. Khabibs day is coming against a real practitioner.

Comment

red k, keep mma out of here, idiot

Comment

Working...
                      X