Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! Mcgregor vs Khabib PPV sales did over 2 million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Stop with this lame dated silly sh^t.

MMA dudes get a cut of PPV sales at different levels as they get more buys. At 2M buys I'd guess Conor is taking home $20M-$25M. I heard MMA people suggesting mfers getting 1M+ numbers get in the $10M+ range. So my guess is at least double that number insures your bank account is going up by $20M. Might hit $25M, $30M with the improved cut with better cut % tiers doe too.

IDK man UFC does take a large cut of PPV IMO. Overall I think Mcgregor was paid more then 3 million which he deserves. I estimate Mcgregor got somewhere between 10-15 million counting in sponsorship & international money.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
      Anyone surprised? The whole point of why Mayweather gave him the golden ticket, the secret was McGregor is also a golden ticket hence the mega payday but that ticket will be invalid very soon hence trying to get his name on the deeds to the manor. It's why the "drama" has been so OTT this time, would be only way to justify green lighting such a mismatch rematch. Listen to the commentators at the start, they knew he was goosed. Look at his face. He knew he was goosed. Money makes the world go round. Poor Khabib.
      That wasn't a secret. I think everyone knew the fight was only happening because of money and nothing else.

Comment

MMA dudes get a cut of PPV sales at different levels as they get more buys. At 2M buys I'd guess Conor is taking home $20M-$25M. I heard MMA people suggesting mfers getting 1M+ numbers get in the $10M+ range. So my guess is at least double that number insures your bank account is going up by $20M. Might hit $25M, $30M with the improved cut with better cut % tiers doe too.
        Nowhere near that much.

McGregor’s tier based ppv share contract enable him to earn $3 to $5 for each ppv sold if final numbers reach 500,000 ppv buys. If UFC 202 does 1 million PPV buys, McGregor will earn around $5 million from PPV share.

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/c...te-diaz-purse/

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
          Didn't Mayweather get like $45M when he did 2.2 with canelo?

Why is McGregor barely getting half that if what you're saying is true?
          Because Mayweather has a promotional company and multiple funnels out of which he took that money.

McGregor gets a guarantee and percentage of PPV but the UFC gobbles up most of the money. There isn't a 2 party percentage split of revenue generated like boxing with each being paid their dues after network and tax etc.

It's the two main event fighters get a small guarantee and small percentage of PPV buys..and the UFC takes all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            That wasn't a secret. I think everyone knew the fight was only happening because of money and nothing else.
            Well of course we knew that, we are boxing fans we are used to fighters getting used for money but poor mcgregor and his fans didn't realise that he was being used as his golden ticket has an expiry. Love or hate mayweather his didn't, he did what he needed to do to. Probably makes a much better analogy and more sense had I said secret was connor was a ticket with an expiry date

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
              Plus a cut from PPV sales or does it all go to the UFC?
              Lmao... His purse is not 3 Million buddy. The first 1 million dollar purse was his last year. His purse is probably 1 million again.

He's getting his a$$ kicked because he's always been a sub-par athlete and is now wondering why he's fighting for peanuts after getting boxing money.

Comment

He's definitely getting a cut of that PPV. Naive to believe he's not getting a fat share from the UFC. He's basically their only draw now.

Comment

MMA dudes get a cut of PPV sales at different levels as they get more buys. At 2M buys I'd guess Conor is taking home $20M-$25M. .
                  Bro W in the F are you talking about?! Lmao... Good lord are you crazy?

The dude's purse is 1 Million........ he's getting MAYBE 5 tops.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                    Well of course we knew that, we are boxing fans we are used to fighters getting used for money but poor mcgregor and his fans didn't realise that he was being used as his golden ticket has an expiry. Love or hate mayweather his didn't, he did what he needed to do to. Probably makes a much better analogy and more sense had I said secret was connor was a ticket with an expiry date
                    Haha yeah i got you now.

I do remember a few casuals I know tried telling me it was 50-50 fight

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                      Didn't Mayweather get like $45M when he did 2.2 with canelo?

Why is McGregor barely getting half that if what you're saying is true?
                      Im not in the UFC's accounting books, but from what I understand in MMA the leagues do all the work with building up the fighters, building the events, covering various expenses of fighters, building the names & all sorts of up front costs thus get all that sexy back end money.

Its been said that its basically the exact opposite of boxing for this reason where 80% of the money goes to the boxers & 20% to everyone else & in MMA 20% goes to the fighters & 80% goes to everyone else, including the UFC. Don't know if its that good in boxing or that bad in MMA, but I'd bet that trend is true & the numbers might not be THAT far off.

Comment

Working...
                      X