Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't get why it's so hard for GGG fans to admit canelo won.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zinowor View Post
    I used to be a Canelo fan until the failed tests. I can't love him anymore, but I still love boxing.

GGG was arm-punching the whole fight, because he became too cautious of Canelo's explosiveness. Abel Sanchez was telling GGG to engage Canelo, but he didn't listen and started boxing Canelo from the outside.

Imo GGG got scared when Canelo hit him with that feint - left hook in the 2nd round. I think GGG got the closest he ever was to getting knocked out by a punch. His entire attitude changed after that punch. I know this because I've seen Canelo do it before. All of Canelo's opponents tend to fear him and he's very good at intimidating his opponents with his vicious punches.

But, I never expected it to happen to GGG. The dude actually got scared. All the way down to the subconscious level, because he refused to trade with Canelo even though he was asking for this exact kind of fight. I can't imagine GGG consciously avoiding Canelo and ignoring Abel Sanchez who was asking him to engage Canelo on the inside, so the fear must have been subconscious.

He threw almost 0 bodyshots and resorted almost entirely to jabs and distance control. Which he did splendidly of course. But everyone knows that when a fighter refuses to throw bodyshots he fears getting hit. And for the type of fighter Golovkin is and claims to be, it is a bit shameful to run away from fighting on the inside.

Canelo showed more heart and desire than Golovkin and it won him the fight.

If GGG fans want to point fingers, they should point it at their guy because at the end of the day GGG did not deliver.
    GGG has no one to blame but himself in the 2 biggest fights of his life he missed a historic 1100 punches and landed ONLY 14 body shots. Just think about those numbers for a minute and show me anybody who won big fights with these type of stats? He went in as the killer and so called best body puncher in the game. After getting whooped the first fight and missing 500 punches and landing just 8 body shots while being OUTLANDED in power shots by canelo he screamed to the public the reason for this because Canelo ran. Then begged and begged for Canelo to fight him Mexican Style. Canelo did and not only did he tap out and run from a Mexican Style fight he ended up MISSING more punches (this time over 600), landing fewer body punches (this time 6), again canelo outlanded him in power shots by a wider margin, again he had a lower connect rate then Canelo and his face was rearranged. There is no Canelo was running excuse they can use for why GGG was missing badly and scared to go to the body. Canelo is just the better fighter and can actually land his total array of punches on the back foot or the front foot. 2 fights now and GGG can't land NOTHING but jabs and was exposed as he went from Mr Mexican Style to Mr Nothing But Scared Jab Style. When he's old and gray he will have nightmares and it won't be because of judges it will be because 1100 missed punches and just 14 body punches and hearing his own trainer in the first fight yelling go to the body and he ignored him and in the second fight yelling stop backing up and he ignored him.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      I see no connection between such groups. Don't know why you people keep making this association. I never see Pacboy, Spoon, etc., in any Golovkin thread. They obviously don't see GGG as another Manny to be a fan of.
      Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      you literally named 2 posters
      Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
      You literally named none.
      Classic Larry.

Comment

The judges didn't make GGG miss 1100 punches and land just 14 body punches in the 2 biggest fights of his career. The judges didn't do this to GGG's face

The judges didn't make GGG show up to the press conference looking like this

And everyone there is like this

Comment

GGG showed that he fought with no intestinal fortitude when he is in the ring with top level guys who can punch. You see guys like tyson or even wilder...they have will and courage to fight their way and never fought nervous. When they get hit, they get angrier and want to hurt their opponents back, but when GGG gets hit, he gets cautious. You can't break their will no matter what opposition they fought. GGG on the other hand looks only looks like a killer when you put him against low level opposition. He looks like a normal, average boxer against top guys.
          Last edited by Lance98; 10-08-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I'm still with De La Hoya beating Strum :wank:

Comment

I just don't get why it's so hard for GGG fans to admit canelo won.
              Alternate version:
              I just don't get why it's so hard for Canelo fans/the anti-GGG crowd to admit Golovkin won the first fight.

Comment

Cuse after all this **** they said before a fight, they look stupid now.

Comment

The two aren't correlated in any shape or form. You can fight the fight of your life and still lose. You can also fight the worst fight of your life and still win (Saunders-Akavov).

Comment

eh maybe because they dont think canelo won, either fight p

id give him a draw in the 2nd fight tho

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                      Cuse after all this **** they said before a fight, they look stupid now.
                      Exactly GGG fans have no choice to admit GGG didn't do a damn thing he promised, that canelo did what you complained he didn't do and looked goog, but because they so dug in that's as far as they will go. Nothing short of GGG getting knocked out was going to be enough for them to admit GGG lost. GGG went from killer who they predicted not once but twice would KO canelo easy and now have nothing to hang their hats on but he outlanded canelo in jabs so let's just ignore his trainer telling him to stop backing up all fight and finally telling him he's losing. Let's ignore GGG's face being rearranged. lol But they talked so much shyt around here their only options was to disappear (which a lot of known GGG stans did after Canelo won) or continue down the rabbit hole pretending that GGG didn't lose it was a draw. LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X