Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't get why it's so hard for GGG fans to admit canelo won.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
    I mean they'll go and say this was canelo's best performance. He fought with will and determination. Made ggg change his style up because canelo stood his ground this time. Canelo looked good and proved he's an elite fighter.

These are ggg fans that are saying this. These same ggg fans not once said that ggg looked good in that fight.

After saying all that they will still go on and say ggg won a close fight.

I mean it's crazy.

Doesn't make sense to me.
    So you're saying that if you saw a fight one way you'd change your mind if the judges saw it differently - or if some posters on boxing forum told you you DKSAB? Damned if you do, damned if you don't man. One way you're weak willed, the other you're stubbornly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Pretty sure golovkin landed more power punches to the head....or do we count body shots as the main punches now above head shots.

I saw many more harder flashier punches landed by Canelo

and he was in control of that fight

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        you literally named 2 posters
        You literally named none.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Because if it was judged on a level playing field and wasn’t the $ man Gennady would have won both times

Canelo showed heart and deserves props but he didn’t win 7 rounds

Why give props for a win/draw he didn’t deserve
          Should fans give props
          For Chavez drawing against Whitiker
          Or Oscar beating Sturm

My question is why Canelo fans and Gennady haters are happy with results that didn’t reflect the actual fight
          If this isnt a win than I don't know what is

One guys face says "I'm a Christmas tree" @Shontae De'marc lmfaoo...while the other guys face says "my eyelid got scratched up"

One guy was throwing hurting shots all night while the other threw slapping jabs. Its actually difficult to imagine a reality where Gennady deserved a draw in EITHER fight, but especially not the in the 2nd fight
          Last edited by Bjl12; 10-08-2018, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
            I mean they'll go and say this was canelo's best performance. He fought with will and determination. Made ggg change his style up because canelo stood his ground this time. Canelo looked good and proved he's an elite fighter.

These are ggg fans that are saying this. These same ggg fans not once said that ggg looked good in that fight.

After saying all that they will still go on and say ggg won a close fight.

I mean it's crazy.

Doesn't make sense to me.
            Why couldn t Pac critics just admit Pac beat jmm.If they did then Pac might not have got koed?
            Maybe if Nell fought Ggg 4 times Ggg could ko nelo?
            Last edited by hugh grant; 10-08-2018, 06:00 AM.

Comment

I used to be a Canelo fan until the failed tests. I can't love him anymore, but I still love boxing.

GGG was arm-punching the whole fight, because he became too cautious of Canelo's explosiveness. Abel Sanchez was telling GGG to engage Canelo, but he didn't listen and started boxing Canelo from the outside.

Imo GGG got scared when Canelo hit him with that feint - left hook in the 2nd round. I think GGG got the closest he ever was to getting knocked out by a punch. His entire attitude changed after that punch. I know this because I've seen Canelo do it before. All of Canelo's opponents tend to fear him and he's very good at intimidating his opponents with his vicious punches.

But, I never expected it to happen to GGG. The dude actually got scared. All the way down to the subconscious level, because he refused to trade with Canelo even though he was asking for this exact kind of fight. I can't imagine GGG consciously avoiding Canelo and ignoring Abel Sanchez who was asking him to engage Canelo on the inside, so the fear must have been subconscious.

He threw almost 0 bodyshots and resorted almost entirely to jabs and distance control. Which he did splendidly of course. But everyone knows that when a fighter refuses to throw bodyshots he fears getting hit. And for the type of fighter Golovkin is and claims to be, it is a bit shameful to run away from fighting on the inside.

Canelo showed more heart and desire than Golovkin and it won him the fight.

If GGG fans want to point fingers, they should point it at their guy because at the end of the day GGG did not deliver.

Comment

Probably more than half of those who thought GGG won are not even fans of his.
                So why assume they're all Glovkin fans?
                I thought Canelo won, but I'm not bothered by others saying GGG did.
                I suggest you watch the fight again and decide for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  Same reason the same group of fans say

1-Jmm was on roids when he ko'd Manny so they need to fight again

2-Floyd didnt beat Manny he was robbed and had 1 arm and Floyd was on roids

3-Ward didnt beat Kovalev he robbed him and then hit him with 10000 low blows

They never give anyone credit because they are like little whores jumped c0ck to c0ck ..It is hilarious you see them start to slide to a new boxer when the old one starts having to fight better comp or looks unsuperhuman
                  i predicted it. They abandoned kovalev and then they abandoned GGG. These guys aren't fans of a fighter. You don't abandon your favorite fighters because they lose a match. wtf. who does that?

Comment

Originally posted by Zinowor View Post
                    I used to be a Canelo fan until the failed tests. I can't love him anymore, but I still love boxing.

GGG was arm-punching the whole fight, because he became too cautious of Canelo's explosiveness. Abel Sanchez was telling GGG to engage Canelo, but he didn't listen and started boxing Canelo from the outside.

Imo GGG got scared when Canelo hit him with that feint - left hook in the 2nd round. I think GGG got the closest he ever was to getting knocked out by a punch. His entire attitude changed after that punch. I know this because I've seen Canelo do it before. All of Canelo's opponents tend to fear him and he's very good at intimidating his opponents with his vicious punches.

But, I never expected it to happen to GGG. The dude actually got scared. All the way down to the subconscious level, because he refused to trade with Canelo even though he was asking for this exact kind of fight. I can't imagine GGG consciously avoiding Canelo and ignoring Abel Sanchez who was asking him to engage Canelo on the inside, so the fear must have been subconscious.

He threw almost 0 bodyshots and resorted almost entirely to jabs and distance control. Which he did splendidly of course. But everyone knows that when a fighter refuses to throw bodyshots he fears getting hit. And for the type of fighter Golovkin is and claims to be, it is a bit shameful to run away from fighting on the inside.

Canelo showed more heart and desire than Golovkin and it won him the fight.

If GGG fans want to point fingers, they should point it at their guy because at the end of the day GGG did not deliver.
                    Many fighters fight scared their whole careers and go through a career not being beat.
                    I don't think Ggg fought scared. He just fought the best way he could for that fight with best chance to get success. Nel o fought scared in first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                      I'm neither a fan of both, but I rooted for Canelo.

Canelo's victory was kind of deceptive. Things fans didn't expect to see happened, like Alvarez being able to stand his ground, fight in the middle of the ring without backing up. That was a surprise.

I also thought he won clearly. It should have been, at least, another draw when I rewatched the fight. Golovkin's jabs were solid, but they were not counted by the judges, apparently.
                      Not only were they not counted but the ones that landed were hard. The jabs that Golovkin landed in the final rounds were as hard or close to it as the ones he landed during the initial rounds while Canelo's power punches clearly lost steam. Yeah Canelo's were flashy though. Remember a fight is scored by rounds. Golovkin on the back foot.
                      Watch his earlier fights. Golovkin usually steps back to avoid punches and circles the ring. Its not something shocking to see him do that against Canelo. Obviously he did it more often during the rematch because of Canelo's hand speed. If you want to say Golovkin fought on the back foot more than usual, fine. But to say Oh look Golovkin is backing up that's not his style is absolutely ridiculous. How to fight a pressure fighter.
                      Use your jab.
                      Do not go to the ropes
                      Circle your opponent.
                      Step back when you are under pressure.
                      Plus Golovkin landed more punches in most rounds and won the championship rounds.
                      All those things Golovkin did. What he didn't do is work the body.
                      I think the judges got it wrong
                      Last edited by TonyGe; 10-08-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X