No announcement yet.

Bitter Eddie Hearn talks about other people being bitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    He’d be doing something right if he was promoting himself. He’s a hell of a lot more famous than any of his fighters, and that’s not a good thing.
    Eh. I mean isn't that usually the case doe? I mean Joshua is more famous then he is. But how many Arum fighters are more famous then Arum? 2 & thats HIGHLY arguable? Or how many Oscar fighters are more famous than Oscar? I think just Canelo. So idk if thats even a thing that'd be a good or bad thing per se.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      I'm not anti-Eddie. I'm rooting for Eddie and DAZN. I do business with DAZN and stand to benefit greatly if Eddie is successful.
      This is hilarious No self awareness and pure cringe.

You can't honestly expect people to believe this with your previous posting history.

Comment

Originally posted by dsr View Post
        With regards to the substance of the tweet he is just plain wrong. That's exactly how it works (according to WBC rules anyway.) Porter is mandated to fight the highest ranked fighter available which is Vargas.
        100% false. The WBC doesn't make you fight someone just because they happen to be ranked #1. They make you fight guys that have won final eliminators, which Vargas hasn't done.

There are already three guys in line for mandatory WBC title fights at welterweight. Thurman, Berto and Ugas. For Vargas to get a mandatory shot, he would still need to win a final eliminator and then wait four or five years. So the DAZN tweet was definitely 100% a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          You can't honestly expect people to believe this with your previous posting history.
          Couldn't care less what people believe. I'm paid to post the truth. If DAZN or Hearn are making poor choices, I'm going to say say regardless of my personal interest in the success of DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Eh. I mean isn't that usually the case doe? I mean Joshua is more famous then he is. But how many Arum fighters are more famous then Arum? 2 & thats HIGHLY arguable? Or how many Oscar fighters are more famous than Oscar? I think just Canelo. So idk if thats even a thing that'd be a good or bad thing per se.
            Meh, I look at that as the don king model. Some guys like Al are in the back, others are all dancing up in the videos

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Meh, I look at that as the don king model. Some guys like Al are in the back, others are all dancing up in the videos
              Yea King was the blueprint or master level of the look at me promoter angle. I definitely think Don wanted to be & was trying to be more famous then his fighters. And Eddie does seem to get a lil sparkle in his eyes when cameras are on him so he might be the 2018 Don King one could argue with that specific drive towards the media.

Anyone ever hear Hearn speak on Don? I bet he gots a certain respect for his media savvy even if you can't really fully appreciate him without looking like an a$$hole.

But more to the point I think its merely a byproduct of the business that promoters become famous. I mean if you don't got a lil fame as a promoter after awhile that kinda says something about your promoting ability to doesn't it? "This guy can't even make himself look good let alone other cats".

And I actually think its a bad thing that Al creeps around in the shadows like he does. I think he'd have more impact on the sport if he was more open. I think he should at the very least have someone who's the hired mouthpiece of PBC who talks on his behalf or at least on behalf of PBC's upcoming sh^t & aims.

The fact that the PBC schedule gets announced like the latest college football schedule is kinda weird & one of those things that I think Haymon wants to become a thing thats never going to become a thing. Boxing fans are more emotional & wanna get excited for or sh^t on a fight before it even gets announced. I don't see fans changing with that desire.

Plus as a promoter/adviser in Haymon's case you could actually measure how into fights fans are via SM to better make fights that people do wanna see & avoid fights people don't wanna see if they were taking the tempature of fights. I don't think PBC/Haymon fully utilizes that like other promoters who'll hint at a certain fight in the media, fans shut that bs fight down & all of a sudden the promoter never mentions it again.

Al likes that godfather play the background & behind the scenes angle. Fair play. I prefer that angle to, but I'm not in the kinda sorta, but not really a promoter business is the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Yea King was the blueprint or master level of the look at me promoter angle. I definitely think Don wanted to be & was trying to be more famous then his fighters. And Eddie does seem to get a lil sparkle in his eyes when cameras are on him so he might be the 2018 Don King one could argue with that specific drive towards the media.

Anyone ever hear Hearn speak on Don? I bet he gots a certain respect for his media savvy even if you can't really fully appreciate him without looking like an a$$hole.

But more to the point I think its merely a byproduct of the business that promoters become famous. I mean if you don't got a lil fame as a promoter after awhile that kinda says something about your promoting ability to doesn't it? "This guy can't even make himself look good let alone other cats".

And I actually think its a bad thing that Al creeps around in the shadows like he does. I think he'd have more impact on the sport if he was more open. I think he should at the very least have someone who's the hired mouthpiece of PBC who talks on his behalf or at least on behalf of PBC's upcoming sh^t & aims.

The fact that the PBC schedule gets announced like the latest college football schedule is kinda weird & one of those things that I think Haymon wants to become a thing thats never going to become a thing. Boxing fans are more emotional & wanna get excited for or sh^t on a fight before it even gets announced. I don't see fans changing with that desire.

Plus as a promoter/adviser in Haymon's case you could actually measure how into fights fans are via SM to better make fights that people do wanna see & avoid fights people don't wanna see if they were taking the tempature of fights. I don't think PBC/Haymon fully utilizes that like other promoters who'll hint at a certain fight in the media, fans shut that bs fight down & all of a sudden the promoter never mentions it again.

Al likes that godfather play the background & behind the scenes angle. Fair play. I prefer that angle to, but I'm not in the kinda sorta, but not really a promoter business is the thing.
                Gonna try to respond to this after work, great post and I just don’t have the time right now to respond from my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                  He's a legend because he's just like every other promoter.. Except were talking about him. He's only a promoter FFS but in this boxing forum he's always hot topic.. More so than actual boxers. There's vids about this guy going up daily.. He has more social media followers than Broner, Spence, Thurman, Crawford and Gervonta combined!.. That's an achievement.. People can't stop talking about him.. He's boxing royalty at this rate, that legendary status in boxing community.. Many fighters would dream for this sort of publicity. Like Floyd said.. The only time they can write something bad about you is when they're not writing about you at all.
                  “He's a legend because he's just like every other promoter.. Except were talking about him.”

I thought I already explained this to you. We’re talking about him because he’s the only promoter that opens his mouth saying stupid stuff 24/7. I mean he did like 20 interviews trying to sabatoge Fury-Wilder. He’s nothing like the other promoters tbh.

You know there are many different social media platforms? FYI measuring someone’s life by social media followers shows how dense you are lol. He doesn’t train and all he does is run his mouth so he should have more followers but he don’t. Why do you Hearn fans love stretching the truth? Add them up and let’s see if he has way more than all those fighters you mentioned. He also don’t have more followers on Facebook than Thurman and Crawford. Nice try though.

Comment

Easy to wait and see who Porter fights next. Wouldn't be suprised if Eddie tied him down before Vargas even fought in Chicago. Money talks: as a Brit, i am grateful for the success of the UK scene because we see so many World Title challenges involving Brits because he gets the cheque book out and people come to fight. Presumably, he'll do the same for his DAZN fighters.

Comment

So, Hearn wanted Porter for the Vargas vs Dulorme winner.
                      Espinoza says, "That's not how this works."
                      Which most likely means PBC fighters usually take long layoffs after each fight.
                      While Hearn is already negotiating fights for Vargas.
                      Jessie just had his second fight this year after 5 months,
                      while Broner still has no fight scheduled yet.

And you're expecting fans to feel more sympathetic to this Espinoza guy,
                      whose fighters are inactive as f*k?

Comment

Working...
                      X