No announcement yet.

Bitter Eddie Hearn talks about other people being bitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    And if that Espinoza tweet is legit what set him off he's for sure being the weirdo in this back n forth.
    It shouldn’t hit a nerve but the fact that it did speaks to Hearn’s frustration. It was a clever dig. Espinoza wasn’t just talking about the belts. He was referring to Hearn’s US venture overall.

Comment

Well, how should it work?
      Espinoza can't even solve the age-old problem of inactivity among its Showtime/PBC fighters.
      Why would I prefer this clown over Hearn?
      He's more focused on circus fights and Mayweather coming back.
      Kills me.
      Where is Spence, Charlos, and many others?
      Jacobs is now with Hearn,
      Jessie Vargas left Sho also and had his immediate fight under Hearn;s.
      Where tf is Broner who drew with Vargas?
      SHO/PBC is plague with inactivity.
      And you're telling me this Espinoza guy is someone to take seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

And if that Espinoza tweet is legit what set him off he's for sure being the weirdo in this back n forth.

Espinoza is a weirdo though. There is something really off about him. Maybe he just doesn't belong in front of the camera but when he speaks it sets off alarm bells for me.

With regards to the substance of the tweet he is just plain wrong. That's exactly how it works (according to WBC rules anyway.) Porter is mandated to fight the highest ranked fighter available which is Vargas. Unless something dodgy occurs in the meantime that should happen.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          Every single boxing promoter is bitter lol but Eddie is a legend still. The fact that there's more articles on him on BS than most actual boxers, more videos about him on youtube from boxing channels than most boxers, and he has more social media followers than most boxer let alone promoters.. He's doing something right.
          He’d be doing something right if he was promoting himself. He’s a hell of a lot more famous than any of his fighters, and that’s not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dsr View Post
            With regards to the substance of the tweet he is just plain wrong. That's exactly how it works (according to WBC rules anyway.) Porter is mandated to fight the highest ranked fighter available which is Vargas. Unless something dodgy occurs in the meantime that should happen.
            Last I heard via the WBC Guy is Berto & Ugas were in the mando line already, & Thurman has a go to the front of the line card. Porter sounded booked for a year to me. I don't get how Vargas would be next. I don't know where this Vargas title shot stuff is coming from cept from Hearn.

Andre Berto became the mandatory challenger when he defeated Devon Alexander in August and Yordenis Ugas won an elimination bout against Cesar Barrionuevo on the the Garcia-Porter undercard to become the second mandatory.

"Keith Thurman has a special provision because he was champion and because of injury he relinquished the belt. So he receives a grant from the WBC that once he is medically cleared and he requests the fight - he can have a direct championship fight."
            https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez...t-shot--132149

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              Where does it mention Ugas and where does it mention who the first mandatory is and how he will be determined?
              In this article from Sept. 25.

Andre Berto became the mandatory challenger when he defeated Devon Alexander in August and Yordenis Ugas won an elimination bout against Cesar Barrionuevo on the the Garcia-Porter undercard to become the second mandatory.
              https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez...t-shot--132149

Comment

Also its worth noting it says the "winner". No one won that fight so Vargas isn't "likely" to be a mando even if that is correct.

Comment

And this ***** is how people wrongfully lost their mind over the Whyte situation

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    I know your anti Eddie. But if you go watch the card you will find it hard to argue it had several great fights. If you haven’t already - I suggest you do, because it was entertaining.
                    That is what Eddie is good at. Making competitive fights & I agree there were competitive fights on this card & fun ones. He just needs to focus on that for now.

And randomly did one of Eddie's amateur dudes lose lmfao? Guy was a US Champ a year or two ago & L'd his pro debut. Thats not a good sign he's doing all that well with his young talent.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                      This has got nothing to do with Hearn. I'm talking about the DAZN tweet and I never said anything about a silver title or WBC #1 so STFU.
                      Has everything to do with Hearn because he's the one that lied to DAZN and told them the winner would likely be named mandatory. Just like he was telling people Whyte would likely be named mandatory. Hearn uses the silver title to try to trick people into thinking a fight is a final eliminator when it isn't.

Where does it mention Ugas and where does it mention who the first mandatory is and how he will be determined?
                      http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...erweight-title

Ugas' victory put him in position for a crack at the WBC world title Porter won after defeating Garcia by unanimous decision

Comment

Working...
                      X