Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who thinks Wilder has a chance knows shiat about boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re

Yeah, if Wilder fights his normal cautious style, Fury wins. Wilder gets the knockouts, but he's a cautious fighter.

He wont take any risks, until he lands that punch that hurts his opponent. Then he goes in for the kill. This will play right into Gury's hands. A slow, methodical dance. Wilder needs to make this ugly and physical.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
      Yeah, if Wilder fights his normal cautious style, Fury wins. Wilder gets the knockouts, but he's a cautious fighter.

He wont take any risks, until he lands that punch that hurts his opponent. Then he goes in for the kill. This will play right into Gury's hands. A slow, methodical dance. Wilder needs to make this ugly and physical.
      True delusion at it's finest. You've just tried to sum up Wilders whole career based on his last fight lol

You keep thinking that and hoping you're right but I'll tell you that I told you so after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        I forgot where I read about Max, but it was a good source, and if one thinks about his brothers and the family, it does make sense.

You know for most modern history the Jews and Blacks were comrades. Civil rights, in the cities and in the boxing universe... It drives me nuts how quickly that was forgotten today by so many. Boxing has these archetypes...You actually described it beautifully. During the Wars between the Greeks and the Persians and subsequent martial and sport activities we can glimpse at what was valued, as you stated...Both cultures emphasized physical fitness, something you even see in the ancient wrestling tradition of Iran (Persian). To this way of thinking the physical prowess was emphasized.

In India the Sikhs among others, have preserved some of their fighting traditions....and not the Sikh art called Gatga! But these arts emphasize principles of weight distribution and distance, timing, they are very technical with a multitude of different blades, postures, footwork, etc. I find them incredible as a martial artist.

The Jews also had a tendency to favor technical advantages, using efficiency and slieght of hand. To me when we make these distinctions, its not that we are reducing it to race, as though Jewishness, Sikhism, Hellenism, makes one fight that way...but the cultural conditions that brought a particular people up, seemed to create choices, advantages and disadvantages. Its all over boxing, we have the highly technical Cubans, the Mexican fighter who often deliberately changes the speed of punches to throw the opponent off, and do not lead with the jab. Again, its not something inherent about racially being Mexican, it has to do with the environment, cultural cues and how the fight game developed in that area as opposed to other areas.

Mendoza was indeed a phenom. I would put Gem Mace also in that early category of guys who broke with the conventions to develop techniques of defense related to boxing and not fencing. Figg was a swordsman. And up until even Dempsey, there was an emphasis on a structured and differentiated attack counter and defend mode. Guys like Corbett learned from the likes of mendoza, mace and Leonard. As a matter of fact to me Gene Tunney was perhaps the most remarkable figher because he learned and was mentored by Corbett and also understood enough about the modern (post Dempsey) emphasis on the punches, squaring up to punch, and pressuring with the punches.

Choyinsky also trained Johnson and I think he beat Johnson at one point... So Johnsons improvisational, fluid style was also a part of that heritage as well.

I think your comments reflect thinking and logical historical events that are often overlooked in the game. Just like the guys who think Marciano was a small, crude slugger... Just want to tell people who say this "sure thing! thats all that was needed to clean out a division of guys with skills, etc...a small crude guy who had two left feet." Goldman certainly was a genius but Marciano had to be talented beyond measure to impose his will on such men as Walcott, Charles, etc.
        Brilliant post.

Comment

I have a feeling Fury is on the same **** billy Joe is on- his training partner. WBC Vada will find out. Then Fight is Off.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            You're from London? Well fancy that lol

If Fury even goes the distance in any fashion, I'll add any signature pic you want for a month. Deal?
            Dude get ready. We gotta honour our words.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
              Fury is back and that spells trouble for Wilder. Yes I said it. Good boxer versus a puncher, boxer wins all the time. Wilder is amateurish, the name of the sport is called boxing and that's the lesson Wilder will get. Windmills will not work and make no mistake, Fury isn't as light a puncher as you all think. He will stick that jab and move. There is a possibility Wilder will actually get stopped. Wilder is just banking on a lucky shot, that won't work.
              Hate to say to you so.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                He's getting knocked out back to England! War Wildher!

Really dude?

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
                  If you don’t think Wilder has a chance you know nothing of boxing.

A boxer no matter how skilled can’t make up for lack of discipline, activity and poor opposition.

Fury is facing the Hardest punching HW of the last 25 years easy and should get wrecked.
                  I don't know about that?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Wilder has an entire career proving that the puncher will come out on top of the better boxer from time to time.

Literally anything could happen in this fight and I wouldn't be surprised.

He had never fought a good boxer. The guy has over 30 bums on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                      Dude get ready. We gotta honour our words.
                      I'm all for it. I was very impressed with Fury and pleasantly surprised. But.....

Don't act like he wasn't a second or so away from being KTFO.

P.S. I won't be posting anything vulgar so don't even try that.

Comment

Working...
                      X