Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Grants Canelo Voluntary Defense, Then Charlo-Golovkin Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dukesville View Post
    Alright, I agree with the voluntary but then the next guy in line which is Charlo not Golovkin. And I think Golovkin should fight the Jacobs vs Derevyanchenko winner not Murata who is basically in the same spot Charlo is but for the wba.
    That's fine if you think it is Charlo. I would have ordered the rematch but if they didn't than Charlo should be up IMO, no conditions.

Personally I really don't care that much who the F they mandate because the whole thing is corrupt. My personal expectation is Canelo gets his easy pay day fight and then he takes on a tough customer. I think if Golovkin is willing again it makes most sense for the third fight next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      I think both GGG and Canelo beats Charlo. Beating a gimp and going 2 rounds with a guy ranked #14 at MW doesnt prepare you for guys ranked P4P top 5.

Jermall Charlo is currently ranked P4P 32.
      i think charlo is good, but a level below those two... i will even favor jacobs over him based on what i have seen... but those are all good fights no doubt...

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        So if you want to see a better fight then ask for Jermall vs Triple L!

Jermall vs golovkin!
        This is a good fight but if Golovkin dosen't fight Charlo he should fight the Jacobs/Derevyanchenko winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
          I agree that Canelo should get a voluntary fight.

Charlo shouldn't have to fight Golovkin to get a Canelo fight.
          I agree. The eliminators he fought were for the right to fight for the title. Golovkin was the title holder. He isn't now so Charlo should get his opportunity to fight for the title regardless of who holds it. This is pure BS on the part of the WBC.

Comment

• Canelo is at that point where he doesn't need belts to make money fights, a bit like where Mayweather was.

Everyone and anyone will fight him as he's the big ticket for them - he doesn't need to offer up any belts.

Why would Golovkin want to fight the likes of Charlo for 1/10 of what he would get in Canelo III ? Canelo would make good money fighting anyone, but his biggest ticket fight by far would be GGG III.

Expect Canelo to announce GGG III for next May, and tell the WBC to either grant an exemption or keep the belt. Else just drop the belt to avoid the WBC having the option to take the sanctioning fee.

Comment

No way Canelo is fighting in December. Especially with not knowing who is paying for it. Im sure HBO will sue Canelo/GB as they claim they still have 1 more fight on Canelo.
              HBO is reportedly interested 1 more PPV/Canelo fight before they bounce.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                bily hoe is irrelevant & I think you can lay off the PED excuse cuz its getting lame after he got tested almost 20 times & still whooped Triple L.

No more Triple L Protection Act!

The bjs thing is just some funny irony. A joke.

Hey, if Andrade beats BJS, power to him.

The triple L thing is kind of getting old man and it kind of makes me not want to respond tbh.

I’ll just say that as much as I like Jermall, he’s got to show us what you think he’s capable of. And its not ducking, GGG has fought better and more accomplished fighters but GGG might not be keen on taking non money makings fights like Charlo. It only benefits Charlo and I dont think you can really disagree with that. We have to look at it from all angles and separate ourselves as fans when it comes to what they might do.

As fans though, I dont rank Charlo high on the scale of who Id prefer to see GGG fight. I want to see Charlo in against anybody good, but morenthan that, Id rather see GGG in against at least 2-3 people that arent Charlo because theyre fights I’ve either wanted to see or that were good already. For example, fighting the winner of The jacobs and bjs fight winners is more enticing to me to fight GGG, not to mention Canelo.

I always wanted to see BJS vs GGG and I think Jacobs is likely number 3 in the div..bjs and him are 3a and 3b in my opinion until proven otherwise. Beating Charlo doesnt do anything for GGG, where as beating one of those guys reinforces his place as the obvious number 2 or even 1b (with canelo) and it makes /reinforces everyone wanting to watch ggg and canelo again.

Unfortunately, Charlo is just the odd man out right now and if he doesnt get the fight, I completely understand why. At 36-37 years old, GGG is going to do whatever it takes to get another big pay day and hes deserved it due to the way the canelo fights played out.

Charlo will have his time, but I’m not sure if they’ll entertain him just yet. Lucky for us, Canelo is younger than Jermall so thats likely happening eventually.
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-03-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                  Canelo is at that point where he doesn't need belts to make money fights, a bit like where Mayweather was.

Everyone and anyone will fight him as he's the big ticket for them - he doesn't need to offer up any belts.

Why would Golovkin want to fight the likes of Charlo for 1/10 of what he would get in Canelo III ? Canelo would make good money fighting anyone, but his biggest ticket fight by far would be GGG III.

Expect Canelo to announce GGG III for next May, and tell the WBC to either grant an exemption or keep the belt. Else just drop the belt to avoid the WBC having the option to take the sanctioning fee.
                  Yes, this is the most likely scenario.

Comment

I didnt bother to read all this fluff so Ill just translate it for others

You LOVE GGG C0CK!
                    the comment wasn't intended for you (unless robi13 is one of your many alt accounts) so why bother responding? You responded because you're upset that I stated all facts that you can't debate. Regardless, I wouldn't care what you thought. You admitted on here that you're a cuck who lost his wife in a boxing bet and had to watch her get d1cked down by the winner as you sat in a corner with a gag around your mouth. Your input is worthless

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                      Canelo fought with a prime Trout, Lara, Floyd and GGG.

Shut up, man

He is a champ in two weights.
                      And he lost all those fights so that doesn't count.

Comment

Working...
                      X