No announcement yet.

Erik Morales vs Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Most people will get knocked the **** out trying to fight like marquez. If you want a fundamentally sound fighter, look at a prime mikey garcia.
    What is a prime Mikey Garcia? They should go to law school instead of a boxing gym?

Comment

Morales, he had better technical ability. Both were warriors full of heart but Morales would take it for his work rate and better fundamentals

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        Both have defeated Pacquiao.

Who would have won at Featherweight?

Morales would win. Good chin good jab. As long as you don’t present yourself to marquez he always have a hard time. You can fight him off the back foot and win.

Marquez is a great boxer but quite overrated just because he gave pac hell. pac’s style is tailor made for marquez what can we expect?
        even then pacs intangibles and physical gifts were able to make em close fights. real props to pac for constantly daring to face his kryptonite. Though of course they thought he’d get old at least lol

Because of that reason above we can now hear marquez beating prime cotto at 147 lol! Or prime hatton at 140. No he ain’t. Styles make fights and Marquez had no good win above 140 other than Pac.

Comment

One thing that a lot fans tend to forget that Morales occasionally and also had the ability to box. He moved his legs. Out boxers have always given Marquez fits.

If you stood and traded flat-footed with him, he'll nail you but if you decide to stick and move, he was at his most vulnerable. He was always at his best when you bring the action to him like in the Juan Diaz' and Michael Katsidis' fights.

They brought the fight to Marquez and JMM countered them both at will.

Comment

I think Marquez was the overall better fighter, and had the better career.

But I like Morales here stylistically. He was the total package and had a height and reach advantage. Marquez achilles heel was a great jab and Morales had one of the best. It's a highly competitive fight, Marquez will win more than his fair share of exchanges, but I think Morales by close decision, I think he would be first and third more often than not and that will catch the judges eye.

I can't believe this fight didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              What is a prime Mikey Garcia? They should go to law school instead of a boxing gym?
              A non-fat boxer who is a master of the fundamentals. Great jab, great footwork, amazing use of the guard. Marquez's style relies too much on willpower and crazy conditioning, you have you keep moving or take a beating. I guess his stance looks cool doe.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                My biggest question is why the two never fought?
                Morales did not want the fight

Comment

Working...
                X