Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez all day he would of lit up morales

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      I would have chosen Morales on his work rate alone. Marquez was a nice counter combination puncher. However, I do not believe he had carried enough power to even hurt or let alone KO a prime Erik Morales.
      ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Morales is the better boxer between the two. At their prime, I'd take El Terrible any day.

Comment

Marquez is one of my three favorite fighters of all time but H2H at 126, Id say Morales beats him.

Morales is too savy, too versatile, too mean, and throws too many punches to lose to Marquez.

People forget that Marquez wasnt the same fighter in his FW days. He was a safety first, counter puncher.

Morales beats him off activity.

Comment

Marquez always excelled against aggressive come forward fighters even when he was a “defensive” fighter. He wouldn’t have to chase Morales down. Both are excellent boxers with great brains but Marquez being the faster guy with the better timing he’d have Morales lead and his counterpunching and combinations would deter Morales just a little. When Morales’ workrate dropped it would become easier to wins rounds.

Marquez in a clear cut 116-112 type fight.

I felt Morales was the third best of the 3 great Mexican fighters and Marquez was the best.

Comment

[QUOTE=hectari;19157686]The people who praised JMM were mostly Pac haters. I love watching Marquez but the guys best moments all revolve around Pacman.

The Mexicans didnt even like him back in the day they said he was not Mexican style that he was a boring counter puncher, Pac basically made him famous none of the others wanted to fight him thats why they called JMM the avoided one.

Marquez is one of the more overrated fighters, this guy was getting touched up by scrubs like Jimrix Jaco, and some thai fighter that means his defense was ****, if you put Pacman in with those guys he wouldn't have a scratch on him and would have knocked them spark out early. and like you said he only got praised for giving Pacman a draw I remember when that fight happened people were giving him so many props for surviving rather than scoring the fight fair Pac had that fight won by a point or two.

The second fight was close but Pacman had it 115-113, the third fight I gave it to Marquez but the last 4 rounds he stared coasting Nacho told him survive don't get caught because he felt the reason they lost the last two was due to knockdowns.

and the 4th one he got the KO while getting battered, I predicted he would do this because he was roided to the gills and he was dropping guys with that punch, Pacman would not be able to take that he got hit with it many times before.

Marquez is very overrated his main asset is his HEART and ability to take a beating, he is no defensive wizard he gets hit WAYYYY more than Pacquiao plus doenst clinch or use a double guard, his main thing is to side step and counter.

Excellent and accurate analysis of Marquez

Comment

If I remember correctly, these two were close to making it happen in 2011 but Marquez was just too focused on chasing Pacquiao for the third time. They should've fought that year at 140-144 Lbs just to satisfy our curiosity.

Comment

Marquez is one of the most technically beautiful fighters I have seen. You can't watch Floyd Mayweather and go be Pretty Boy. You can't watch Pacquiao and go be Pacman. You can watch Marquez and learn a whole hell of a lot and copy it to success in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Marquez always excelled against aggressive come forward fighters even when he was a “defensive” fighter. He wouldn’t have to chase Morales down. Both are excellent boxers with great brains but Marquez being the faster guy with the better timing he’d have Morales lead and his counterpunching and combinations would deter Morales just a little. When Morales’ workrate dropped it would become easier to wins rounds.

Marquez in a clear cut 116-112 type fight.

I felt Morales was the third best of the 3 great Mexican fighters and Marquez was the best.

I dont think Marquez was any faster than morales at featherweight. Morales and barrera were both fast at 122-126 in their prime. Barrera had no problem tagging Hamed and Morales had no problem tagging pacquaio at 130 when he was declining. In his later years he looked slow but he wasnt at 126.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      Marquez is one of the most technically beautiful fighters I have seen. You can't watch Floyd Mayweather and go be Pretty Boy. You can't watch Pacquiao and go be Pacman. You can watch Marquez and learn a whole hell of a lot and copy it to success in the ring.
                      Most people will get knocked the **** out trying to fight like marquez. If you want a fundamentally sound fighter, look at a prime mikey garcia.

Comment

Working...
                      X