Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad to hear. Also means my decades of subscribing is coming to an end.

Comment

• I’ll be the first to admit that I was sooo wrong. I take sh it to a few posters that said it was dead and wouldn’t last the year. Life goes on

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        People said the same thing after The Sopranos ended, and again after The Wire. They always come up with unique shows. As Nelson said, they're a story-telling platform first and foremost. They have the best writers in the industry and greenlit shows pass stringent quality controls by network execs. That's why Netflix is still pumping out a hundred new shows a week and still can't match them for quality: crap writers, crap acting, utter dreck with no substance. Keep your subscription. If I could get HBO in the UK I'd sign up for it in a heartbeat.
        We do get HBO in the UK, it’s called Sky Atlantic. You also have Showtime Content

Comment

• It's disgusting that some "Boxing fans" are actually cheering this on like its a good thing. This is why boxing isnt ***** anymore cause of its ******ed asss "fans".

Comment

• THIS IS BECAUSE OF ALL THE BS SCORECARDS FROM THE JUDGES..although not HBOs fault. But fans would be eventually turned off by it and would go to UFC or other boxing networks were scorecards are more sensible. my take.

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
              This is so sad.

And look at all these fake boxing fans cheering because there's going to be 1 less platform to watch fights.

Boxing in America is not going to be the same without Jim Lampley calling fights, whether its with Merchant, Foreman, Emmanuel Steward, Roy Jones, Max Kellerman, or whatever. Dude's responsible for some of the most memorable calls in boxing history.

You should want as much boxing on TV as possible. That's why this promoter stan war sh@t is ridiculous
              ...change is NEVER easy, but those of us who truly love THE SPORT and NOT only certain fighters, will adapt....IMO, TRUE boxing fans will not "celebrate" like this is a good thing...it's actually quite the opposite...a major boxing platform just decided to close shop....

....this is an excellent opportunity for all the other networks, though....

Comment

• HBO Boxing at it's peak was on the same caliber of sports broadcasting as the Olympics. Boxing is dead.

Comment

• They looked around at the talent and see a bunch of once-a-year divas or near/over 30 year old "up and comers" like Crawford, Spence, Wilder, etc and realize that not even they can make a star out of any of these guys.

Comment

• This is sad. The less networks compete the crappier the fights.

The only reason I subscribe to HBO and Showtime is for the boxing.

Comment

• Marks the end of an era.

Comment

Working...
                      X