No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    I was kind of sad when I heard the news. It's an end of an era.
    They've been in the game a long time. If they can go, anyone can.

The production used to be iconic, the music and graphics. I used to enjoy Lederman, Foreman, Steward, Lampley, and Merchant back in the day.
    They've showcased some great fighters and some great fights. It's a shame really IMO.
    They are part of the problem....I hope to not hear them talk boxing ever again. Good riddance!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      They are part of the problem....I hope to not hear them talk boxing ever again. Good riddance!
      I used to really like listening to them in the hey day. Not so much in recent years, I thought their standards had fell off.
      Kellerman became one of the worst also I thought. I liked him at first when i thought he didn't tow the line as much.

Comment

Cash cow leaves & hbo boxing kept declining so don't be such a fan boy & stop hatin' you fan boy.
        You are the very definition of fan boy making it about Floyd all the time. Take his d out your damn mouth.

I’m not hating Floyd but don’t make it about him all the time.

They were already reducing there budget years before Floyd even became a PPV fighter. Floyd leaving HBO is a diff topic on itself.

Comment

• ::spits on grave::

Comment

How is boxing over at the US having challenges when they have most of the Champions & Legendary fighters? If anything they don't have challenges around the world, they rule the sport. And big money fights is what helps put the sport on the map to begin with....& why you complaining for fighters fighting twice a year? That gives time to train, heal & promote. You must of never put on a pair of gloves have you?
            The US is the number one market, do not deny that. But it has been in decline and I believe will continue to decline.

I do not blame the fighters for only wanting to fight twice or less a year. That isn't my point. Who wouldn't want to fight two times a year and make big money? My point is from a fans perspective and having the top guys in the sport only fight a few times a year does not grow the sport. If you do not understand that point maybe you can get one of those kids waiting for you to get off the library computer to explain it to you.
            Last edited by Diego Rodriguez; 10-01-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah sure....it was written by steve silverman in oct 2012 when we had Floyd Mayweather who was generating lots of money to the sport....LMMFAO! FOH! Then he writes, "However, the sport seemed to have lost much of its relevance over the last 20 years (the T.B.E. era) and there doesn't seem to be much that can turn the sport around.
              Boxing is not dead yet, but it needs something to jump start it and make the sport popular again."

Ya'll can't even figure it out....So I guess we need another Floyd Mayweather but he definitely doesn't want to say that...….
              Boxing needs to be about more than one guy, you need multiple stars. I think part of what made Floyd much bigger was the lack of stars in the sport besides himself. Essentially there was pent up demand and he capitalized on it. He did a great job in the ring and promoting but I think it was also a matter of circumstances.

Comment

Don't worry you usually are....LMMFAO!
                This coming from the guy who doesn't know what makes up a decade. . . . LOL!

You had to change your name to Dull Razor after that huh?

Comment

Working...
                X