Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roy is about to continue boxing again, he's going to need the money

Comment

• Boxing isn't what it once was, there's no big names out there for big exciting fights. Canelo/GGG was it but now its over, no Floyd, no Pac, no Cotto, no Ward, and Kov just got KO'd. There's only some good fights for hardcore fans. Boxing PPV is dead too.

Comment

• Rip HBO

You gave us some amazing fights, I’ll always remember this! Much much much respect

Comment

• Yea Roy will get a job in boxing broadcasting very quickly he was always an HBO guy but he has been connected with big time boxing for a long time and people do know him. DAZN would be very wise to pick him up because it gives them a larger connection to big time boxing in the US, same with Fox who is getting deeper into boxing but any of the players would be wise to get him.

Comment

• This was obviously coming, but it's sad to hear it officially. Lots of great memories...

via GIPHY

Comment

• Max I'm sure will be part of ESPN/ESPN+ Boxing Coverage which will be GREAT for them. He jumps in and replace Mark Kriegel IMMEDIATELY!

Roy Jones Jr I agree with other post, would be GREAT for DAZN let him replace Ray Leonard

As for Lampley? WHO CARES!

Comment

• Re

“Our audience research informs us that boxing is no longer a determinant factor for subscribing to HBO.”

News to me...its the only reason I have HBO. And Showtime. Without boxing, it's just another movie/entertainment channel, and I already have hundreds of those! I can drop HBO now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Canelo beat GGG up so bad that Lampley, Lederman and the rest of the pro GGG camp at HBO couldn't take it so they closed up shop LMAO
                  Uuuuuuum NO. HBO was like oh crap the cheating c0cksucker got a gift decision, even though GGG clearly won second half, f-k that puta we out !!!! ROFL

Comment

• Go back and look up the ratings of Gatti fights with Ivan Robinson & his battle with Gabe Ruelas. That was the undercard of Lewis Golata. The fight with Leija. I guess there was no reason why he Boxed on there network more than any other fighter

Comment

• And thus America boxing dies, not with a resilient raw but a press conference.

Lots of us said that over paying under skilled fighters and putting the few top fights out there on PPV would do it.

We've seen PBC barely make any noise this year, none of their fighters are stars and show is hedging huge money on fury v wilder, which will not be a big enough fight.

The centre has shifted to Europe.

Comment

Working...
                      X