Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk: One Reason We Agreed To Face Bellew - Is To Get Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its clear hearn has dangled joshua in front of usyk to sign him. He signed a 3 fight deal, bellew for exposure (to the casuals), whyte to prove he can hang at heavy (to the casuals) then joshua at the end. But i dont see hearn making the fight any time soon. Even if AJs power bailed him out late (which is a big possibility) i think uysk would make him look so stiff and one dimesional it would shatter his aura. This is why usyk only held his WBO title when he had a stare down with bellew in the ring. I think he'll use his WBO 'super champion' status to enforce a madatory or force joshua into vacating. Which i think hearn would be on board with as long as he is promoting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
      This is why Usyk sparrs with Wlad. Last time he sparred with him was last week. 6 round sparring according to Wlad --> https://www.instagram.com/p/BnV7Fmln...en-by=lomus_17
      Not a bad sparring partner to be able to call upon, lol.

Comment

So is the fight at heavyweight?

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          So is the fight at heavyweight?
          Cruiserweight, all the belts up for grabs (WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF and lineal)

Comment

Of course we know, he needs a few fights first at HW doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
              Miller is also an option for Usyk after Bellew according to Hearn. He should make Usyk vs. Miller in NYC.It would sell out because huge Ukrainian diaspora there and Miller´s home city.
              Good shout that mate, I might even stay up to watch that one with the time difference to the UK, if it gets made. Kownacki wouldn't be a bad option either, get a bit of Polish-Ukrainian rivalry going on as there's a huge Polish contingent in the NY/NJ area as well.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                Joe Joyce?! And to fight on Ortiz vs Molina undercard? For what, $50k? Sure, he's already signing...
                Did I mention anything about Usyk-Joyce fighting for peanuts on Ortiz-Molina undercard? It's a fight that could be made in the future, not the very next time one of them just happens to be scheduled to get in the ring. I think you need to get your reading spec's on sunshine, before chucking out the insults like a typical keyboard warrior.

Comment

Usyk is the WBO super CW champion, which means he could he get AJ straight away as WBO mandatory challenger if he wanted to.

But getting him by signing with Matchroom and fighting Bellew first is a much more sensible and lucrative option.

Comment

That's right. Usyk is the WBO's Super champion. Therefore, he becomes AJ's instant mandatory challenger was he makes his foray into the Heavyweight division next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                      Nothing to do with getting more money for fighting Bellew than anyone else at Cruiserweight then?
                      TBH I think Usyk's best test would be to fight Joe Joyce at HW. He completely outclassed the big man over a shorter format in the amateurs, but can he do it for 12 rounds? If he can, it really makes AJ v Usyk an interesting prospect as size-wise Joyce is very similar to AJ if not slightly bigger - but more basic.
                      Bellew was at HW when Usyk called him out, and I just watched an interview with Usyk saying the original plan was to fight Tony at HW, which would have been the ideal way to acclimatise himself to the heavier weight.

But Bellew woudn't take the fight unless it was at CW with all the belts on the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X