Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto is the textbook definition of a ring warrior.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jokeo even ducked Triple Duck

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Oscar fought all the top guys in their primes and lost but they sh it on him yet cotto did something similar but reverted to taking knees and walking out of the ring and literally getting his azz handed to him and h is a warrior? Scratching my head
      De La Hoya ran like hell late against Tito, cried and demanded a "full investigation" to a close loss to Mosley, quit against Hopkins and quit against Pacquaio.

Comment

Oscar fought all the top guys in their primes and lost but they sh it on him yet cotto did something similar but reverted to taking knees and walking out of the ring and literally getting his azz handed to him and h is a warrior? Scratching my head
        Um, i think that has to do Oscar shoving shit up his ass. I believe that's where the hate comes from lol. Cotto catch enough slack for wearing pink so there is no favoritism here.

Comment

Cotto had lots of great warrior wins and overall was a great fighter. You are turning him into Mr. perfect man and he wasn't. He was a lousy champion at 154 and 160 in my opinion. He took advantage of being the champion to fight so many catch weight fights many pounds below the class limit and he fought many undeserving challengers. He rematched Margarito at a catch weight. Margarito was not a top 10 challenger at the time. Neither was Mayorga, Yuri Foreman or Delvin Rodriguez. Cotto was about the worst middleweight champion ever. He won the title at a catchweight of 159. Took a full year vacation. Refused to fight GGG but instead fought Geale who GGG had recently knocked out again at a catchweight of 157. Finally he defended his 160 pound title against Canelo at a catchweight of 155. So middleweight champion Cotto was a pretend middleweight champion who never fought at 160. Cotto ran so much in the Pacquiao fight it was embarrassing. He did not look like a warrior in that fight. As a 140 pound champion he was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            De La Hoya ran like hell late against Tito, cried and demanded a "full investigation" to a close loss to Mosley, quit against Hopkins and quit against Pacquaio.
            All true. Oscar was a good fighter but a terrible cry baby who always had an excuse for his losses and never admitted the man who beat him was just a better fighter that night. I though he quit against Hopkins because he knew Hopkins was going to put a beating on him if he continued.

Comment

For this generation that award has to go to Andre Bertie. Now his a fu cking warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Kneegel Puto View Post
                Jokeo even ducked Triple Duck
                Cotto did duck GGG but GGG never ducked any worthy middleweight challenger who was willing to fight him and he never defended his title at a catchweight and he never ran away in the ring. You'll probably say he ducked the 12 pro fight Russian but no boxer would have taken that fight so close to the giant fight he had coming up with Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  For this generation that award has to go to Andre Bertie. Now his a fu cking warrior
                  He quit to Porter. Not very warrior like.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    He quit to Porter. Not very warrior like.
                    Berto has left part of his SOUL in the ring by continuing when no one would have blamed him to call it quits. Whatever he does from here on out he gets a pass. He’s a warrior

Comment

thing is oscar did much better against most of them aswell, cotto usually lost a wide decision or got stopped. they didnt even have to be elite, austin trout almost shut him out on the cards lol, many thought clottey beat him aswell.

Comment

Working...
                      X