No announcement yet.

Thoughts re DAZN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
    With 125 mill a year they need to attract a lot of casuals. If only hardcore fans get this they will be losing 9 figures a year.
    Don't forget this isn't just a usa thing. They also attract viewers in other countries aswell who have DAZN as part of the same deal. However there strategy was for the first couple of years to aim at hardcore only. That's what they were telling everyone at launch anyway

Comment

Originally posted by DeanoFlash View Post
      My stream was very bad. could be my connection. Crystal clear video, but so much lagging and delay. Could be my connection, but I've got Xfinity from Comcast....? Maybe next time I'll move a little closer to the router.
      The obvious thing is to test using the app with any of the content they have available now and check that works fine before the next live stream?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Well to me $125M a year warrants attracting casual fans, but if these cats talking about elevator deals with the money or w/e that sh^t is about & they aren't actually giving Hearn $125M a year yet then yea hardcores is all they would likely need to go for currently.

But eventually if they get to spending $125M a year on boxing my assumption would be boxing will need to be bringing in $125M+ in value to the DAZN product & I don't see how you get to that number w/o a nice segment of casuals.

Lotsa speculation at this early point doe & I'm sure DAZN gots a lot of what if's positive & negative that will be considered in the future as or if needed. The way they seem to be attacking the sports world in various countries suggest to me they got their i's dotted & their t's crossed & a plan A thru Z covered.
        I would expect that the revenue from other countries also takes part in the calculations.

Those dazn boxing cards are probably also shown on dazn germany, canada, austria and japan.
        To cover the 125 mio budget, they dont have to completely rely on the us market.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          I heard people were having issues if they had a popup blocker?
          That might be something to look into thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
            With 125 mill a year they need to attract a lot of casuals. If only hardcore fans get this they will be losing 9 figures a year.
            Not really THAT many. Without counting any other countries they might be using these fights to get subscribers with they need 1,041,667 (x $120/yr = $125M) people to buy this service for boxing to be break even. There's a solid enough based, of give or take, of 200k boxing fans who'll buy just about any PPV so $10 a month is a bargain for them. So they need about 800k casual boxing fans & sports fans outta the other ~350M US residents which is about 1/4 of 1% conversion rate & not very high.

I think DAZN will be a profitable entity in the US although I think they'll need better fights with higher Q ratings before they will be able to acquire 1M subscribers. Then again maybe not TR's roster isn't THAT good (its mainly the Loma & Bud show these days), but they've acquired 1M subscribers, although at half the price, in less than 12 months which likely makes them profitable or break even depending on what you believe their roster to be (& what else they got on that platform that they are paying money for).

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
              Sergio mora beasted at commentary. I mean he understood what was going on in the ring more than Leonard. Man DAZN needs to hold on to him. He's the next paulie malignaggi in the commentating game!
              Paulie wishes he was that good. Paulie is a good analyst, but he takes himself way too seriously. He's always trying to ***** what Al Bernstein is saying.
              Sergio, on the other hand, gave solid analysis, yet at the same time allows the others in the booth to shine.

Comment

It’s $110m, not $125

Comment

Originally posted by BoloPuncher1 View Post
                  Paulie wishes he was that good. Paulie is a good analyst, but he takes himself way too seriously. He's always trying to ***** what Al Bernstein is saying.
                  Sergio, on the other hand, gave solid analysis, yet at the same time allows the others in the booth to shine.
                  I agree i like Sergio mora way more than malignaggi. I just meant he's the next boxer to actually make it a real career how malignaggi did with showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    Me and my pops are big SRL fans. I see a lot of peeps today hate on him as a commentator. Why? tho? I thought he's a credible person to speak on the sport obviously.
                    I'm a huge SRL fan, and he certainly has the credibility to speak on the sport. It's just that if you saw the telecast yesterday, it was clear that something was off with him.
                    He added really no analysis to the boxing that was taking place. He was saying things that just didn't match with what was happening in the ring. He also was struggling at times to get words and phrases out. It's sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                      I agree i like Sergio mora way more than malignaggi. I just meant he's the next boxer to actually make it a real career how malignaggi did with showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X