Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: I Look Forward To Reminding Everyone I'm #1 at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    At this point he hasn't proved he's #1 til he beats Spence. And to a lot of people he'll need to beat Spence AND Crawford to reclaim that spot.
    How can Spence be #1 if he never beat #1??? Brook sure as heII wasn't.

Comment

A fit Thurman will whoop those running their mouth at 147.

Its only a matter of time and he will be back.

Comment

had he didnt dropped his wbc, he deserves to be the #1.

now that the 4 belts has been distributed, i think no one is in that spot yet.

and no one will ever take it until them champions fights each other.

the last man standing will be the #1..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rotch View Post
          How can Spence be #1 if he never beat #1??? Brook sure as heII wasn't.
          So no one is #1 since no one beat Thurman when he was #1? Who was #1 that Thurman beat?

I'm not with the mythical stance of being #1 like some of you guys seem to think. Its merely a ranking & someone has gotta be #1. And right now I think Spence is #1 & it seems like most fans & media agree with me. And the ones that disagree see Crawford as #1 & Horn wasn't #1 either when Bud beat him so I guess you'd disagree with that to.

Comment

Originally posted by lagako10 View Post
            nope your not even in top 10 welter
            now that thurman with his "real" 147 wba belt is about to return, will manny still retain his spot @ the rankings? should the regular be a step ahead towards the real one instead?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
              Well, to be fair Spence did beat the guy that Porter lost to. Spence also beat Peterson way more convincingly than Garcia did.
              Yup. But triangle theories don’t get you the number 1 spot do they.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                Yup. But triangle theories don’t get you the number 1 spot do they.
                I’m not saying that, but it doesn’t mean Thurman is the #1 guy either. That spot is up for grabs until Spence, Thurman & Crawford fight one another. I’d say Thurman & Spence are 1A & 1B while Crawford is at 2 due to only having one fight at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                  After Wilder knocks out Fury and Ortiz within the same year there will be no question who the lineal heavyweight champ of the world will be.
                  Based on resumes you can't tell me that Thurman isn't the best welterweight in the world
                  As long as Spence and Crawford are their he is not. Two split decision wins over Garcia and Porter do not help either. Thurman was the best. Right now I would have to go with Spence. They may never fight each other

Comment

Would be a great comeback story if Thurman returns and cleans out the division, beating guys like Spence, Crawford and maybe Porter in a rematch.

Then Thurman ends up losing, to Khan.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

J/K

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                      After Wilder knocks out Fury and Ortiz within the same year there will be no question who the lineal heavyweight champ of the world will be.
                      Based on resumes you can't tell me that Thurman isn't the best welterweight in the world
                      I most certainly can.

Thurman's best win is Porter, and it was a razor tight decision.

Porter lost cleanly to Brook at his own home in America, and Spence stopped Brook at his own home in Sheffield.

So Thurman's best win lost to Spence's best win, and Thurman went life and death with that guy (Porter).

Thurman's second best win is Garcia, who was bettered from pillar to post by Lamont Pietersen and got a robbery decision.

That same Pietersen was beaten pillar to post by Spence.

Thurman aint this undisputed number 1 that he claims to be, I understand why his fanboys buy that fake news by loudmouth Thurman but in reality, the facts don't align with what he is saying.

It's like that time he and Demetrius Andrade were talking about the Floyd vs Robert Guererror performance in an interview.

Andrade was like "Daym that was a true master class by Floyd"

And Thurman quickly jumped in and said "But I beat Robert Guererror better than Floyd did" and Demetrius just had this "wtf is this guy saying" facial expression.

Thurman talks a lot of crap but weighed against the facts its not even remotely true when you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X