Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Kovalev switched trainers, is now with Buddy McGirt.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    He started with Abel lets not forget that.,....and since the last Ward fight this will be his 3rd trainer
    Did he have any pro fights under Abel? I know he was there but did he stay at the gym for a while?

Comment

Abel's camps are filled with workers. Koval does not eat & sleep boxing he trains like he's getting ready for a three rounder!

The "Crusher" was the worst name you could have given the guy!
      He believed his own hype!

I don't like to see what is happening to him. First off if I were in his corner against Ward I'd have him boxing and not pressing till the second half of the fight. When shots came in low or questionable I'd have him firing the same shots right back.
      He was not a mentally strong guy and once the physical prep is done this is a mental game, chess with consequences!

Ray

Comment

Interesting choice, I can see "Buddy" McGirt helping Kova out a bit, Just sucks they will walk right into Alvarez str8 away without a tune-up together.

Prediction: Kova takes another "L" & blames James post fight.

Comment

Kovalev is what, 35 now? He's not gonna learn too many new tricks.

As for the Alvarez fight, his issue was not the trainer. He was outboxing Alvarez before getting caught. His issue, just like the Ward fight, was that he has no plan when he gets into trouble. He should have taken a knee against Ward when getting hit in the nuts, and he should have taken a knee against Alvarez and not spring back up.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Kovalev is what, 35 now? He's not gonna learn too many new tricks.

As for the Alvarez fight, his issue was not the trainer. He was outboxing Alvarez before getting caught. His issue, just like the Ward fight, was that he has no plan when he gets into trouble. He should have taken a knee against Ward when getting hit in the nuts, and he should have taken a knee against Alvarez and not spring back up.
            That to me disproves the Kovalev being a quitter narrative. He jumped right back up after the knockdown, and started trading, because that's in his character. Those are the moments when you can judge a man by how he really is. Autopilot took over and Kovalev just got back in and started trading again with Alvarez. It was a bad move, though. Should have went into survival mode to finish the round, instead of getting knocked down another two times...

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              That to me disproves the Kovalev being a quitter narrative. He jumped right back up after the knockdown, and started trading, because that's in his character. Those are the moments when you can judge a man by how he really is. Autopilot took over and Kovalev just got back in and started trading again with Alvarez. It was a bad move, though. Should have went into survival mode to finish the round, instead of getting knocked down another two times...
              Lol that narrative is obviously bull****. It's just a bunch of fanboys or racebaiting trolls who came up with that.

You guys really need to learn to ignore the most obvious idiots and not get sucked into trollwars. There are a lot of really good posters on the site that are worth talking to.

Comment

Whoever trains him, if Kovalev can't fight hard for more than 6-7 rounds he needs to fix that or quit boxing.
                If what everyone says about his drinking is true and he has the will power to stop, it's an easy fix and maybe any decent trainer will do.

Comment

this will not end well for Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    it aint the trainers....its him!!!!!!!!!!
                    Definitely. It's the same thing Khan does. Same result.

Comment

he shouldve went with the BEST trainer in the biz in DERRICK JAMES!

Comment

Working...
                      X