Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley: Overwhelming Majority Saw Golovkin Win, Twice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"But the two decisions which have frustrated Gennady Golovkin have dramatically multiplied the size of Triple G nation, which is now a global cult."

The global cult of GGG! Lol .. the "Mr 97, li'l g" kunt krew are going to love that!

What Lampley is saying here is basically correct. GGG hasn't lost any fans because he didn't get the decision against Canelo. If anything, this will gain him more fans, because many believe the dice were loaded against him before the first bell even rang.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
      This is just like the Ward - Kovalev aftermath... Just wait until the next edition of The Fight Game, and watch Lampley sh^t all over Canelo's win. I don't know what is with HBO and their obvious bias toward E European guys. I was pulling for GGG hard
      in both fights, and I can honestly say I thought he one the first one, but lost the second. ONE SCORECARD going the opposite way, and you have a different outcome. How can anyone claim robbery???

I like your list of favorites

cool ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        This is why Canelo Alvarez must leave HBO! Now GGG is the "Modern Day Ali?" WOW! GGG is a global superstar but "Canelo’s victory, however satisfying at first, will ultimately do little to increase the size or passion of his audience, built in from the start as the result of his favorable cultural perch, as the face of Mexican boxing." So only Mexicans like Canelo? WOW!

yea, HBO can probably kiss Canelo's ass goodbye now

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
          First fight GGG was the constant agressor, should have won.

Second fight Canelo is the aggressor, GGG should have won.

Something doesn’t make sense.
          If you remember that fights are supposed to be judged by who landed the most punches, it makes a lot more sense.

Comment

Lampley thinks that an outpouring on tears from a big pile of casuals can somehow overturn the record books and generate HBO some new fans

good luck with that

Comment

Originally posted by Level37scythe View Post
              HBO needs to kick this guy to the curb.

"They don’t need to confuse themselves with Compubox numbers and round by round scoring and technical analysis."

In other words, screw conventional methods of scoring and judge using emotion only. Ridiculous.

"Canelo’s victory, however satisfying at first, will ultimately do little to increase the size or passion of his audience..."

If anything, red beard's stock is at least back to pre PED and GGG 1 days, if not better.

"Gennady Golovkin have dramatically multiplied the size of Triple G nation, which is now a global cult."

With his consistent whining and pleading for canelo to fight toe to toe before ggg-canelo 2, and his disgraceful sportsmanship after the fight, ggg's stock has taken a hit.

Lampley lost his objectivity and now is just a nüthugger.

exactly !

he literally stated that Golovkin should have been given the nod because he is more popular..... which aside from being ******ed, is simply not true

I bet that Canelo is even more popular now than he was prior to the first fight, and that the clen issue will have no negative impact whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I like your list of favorites

cool ^^
                Thanks bro...It was a hell of an era!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  GGG's OWN trainer knows Canelo won. When your own trainer says sht like that you know you lost.
                  Abel never said he thought Canelo won. He said it was close enought to have gone either way, so he isn't complaining about the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    But wait, if a fight is that close, how can one guy CLEARLY win as you say? Isn't that similar to people calling it a robbery the other way?
                    Nope. Because if it were a draw or if the fight was one round the other way for Golovkin I would not call it a robbery. It was a close fight

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      If you remember that fights are supposed to be judged by who landed the most punches, it makes a lot more sense.

they fkn are not looool

cool...... story..... bro

this aint the am's, you guys need to learn how to score a fight

volume has nothing to do with it

* clean hard punching
                      * effective aggression
                      * ring generalship
                      * defence

which one of those official criteria was Golovkin superior ?

trust you to turn up days later talking shht

Comment

Working...
                      X