Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley: Overwhelming Majority Saw Golovkin Win, Twice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    GGG threw way more punches and landed more in both fights. It's not too complicated.
    Nelo outboxed Triple L in the 1st fight & Nelo beat the "Mexican Style" out of Triple Flop in the 2nd fight. Not complicated at all....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
      "By an overwhelming majority, fans and general media have decided Gennady Golovkin won both fights"

Canelo nut-huggers will discredit Lampley, a guy who has spent a lifetime calling fights and discussing it in the media. Yet, we have to believe those opinions don't matter because Canelo **** pick and choose who they want to believe. F*** them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by McDonough View Post
        Boxing scoring is OBJECTIVE. You're just on the outside looking in, you don't know jack shít about it you just repeat what other people say like a parakeet. What the fùck is wrong with you casuals? Learn the sport.

It wasn't close. GGG won convincingly and you can win a close fight convincingly.

There are two kinds of people that think Canelo won: the hater and the fanboy. If you're a true fan of Boxing, GGG won it's simple.
        Incorrect, buster. I thought Canelo LOST fight 1 clearly. He was backing up all night while Golovkin was coming forward and being the aggressor. While I do think both guys were landing some clean shots GGG landed more clean shots plus being the effective aggressor won him the fight.

Guess what ? In the second fight the exact opposite played out. Now it’s Canelo coming forward, marking Golovkins face up so bad he needed shades in the night time (As Glencoffe Johnson said after his robbery vs Chad Dawson years ago). Both landed some effective blows. Both were cut. Both had their moments, but Canelo won fight 2 in the same manner that GGG won fight 1.

And I’m no casual. I’ve been watching boxing for years, attending live fights for years. Floor seats to Errol Spence last fight and Floor seats to Crawford’s next fight on the 13th.

Just cuz I don’t agree with your opinion doesn’t make me a casual. Get off my nuts.

Comment

• Yeah, let's move on but GGG still won that fight imo.

Comment

• He performed better than the first but I still believe GGG won.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Nelo outboxed Triple L in the 1st fight & Nelo beat the "Mexican Style" out of Triple Flop in the 2nd fight. Not complicated at all....LMMFAO!

Only in your world did he out box GGG.

Got out thrown and out landed in both fights and lost both.

Deep down, you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                That's a sad a*s group....LMMFAO!
                Kind of is.

Also came off as if those were the only people who scored the fight lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
                  Incorrect, buster. I thought Canelo LOST fight 1 clearly. He was backing up all night while Golovkin was coming forward and being the aggressor. While I do think both guys were landing some clean shots GGG landed more clean shots plus being the effective aggressor won him the fight.

Guess what ? In the second fight the exact opposite played out. Now it’s Canelo coming forward, marking Golovkins face up so bad he needed shades in the night time (As Glencoffe Johnson said after his robbery vs Chad Dawson years ago). Both landed some effective blows. Both were cut. Both had their moments, but Canelo won fight 2 in the same manner that GGG won fight 1.

And I’m no casual. I’ve been watching boxing for years, attending live fights for years. Floor seats to Errol Spence last fight and Floor seats to Crawford’s next fight on the 13th.

Just cuz I don’t agree with your opinion doesn’t make me a casual. Get off my nuts.
                  The exact opposite didn't happen. GGG never got cornered once in that fight. Canelo did repeatedly in the first fight. On top of that, in the first fight GGG threw way more and landed a lot more. Then in the second fight, he threw way more and still landed 32 punches more off the back foot. He beat Canelo two different ways. Definitely not the same fights.

GGG won and was robbed of history. No two ways about it. Way more boxing analysts believe GGG won than Canelo. That's all that has to be said really because they were bought off by Golden Boy.

I will say , at least Golden Girl was smart enough not to buy off a dumb ref like Byrd and made sure the cards looked reasonable and believable this time around
                  Last edited by Boxing Goat; 09-21-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    I might be a fanboy but Im not BLINDLY in love like you quacks are! Probably gave GGG every round! All 13 of them right???

Fanboy this numbnutz!!!

First fight 7-5 GGG
                    2nd Fight 7-5 Canelo
                    I gave him what is fair! 17 rounds in the first fight and 39 in the second.

Comment

• In my opinion, it was probably Golovkin's body language that caused him the fight. His unwillingness and refusal to engage, stay in the pocket and fight Canelo on the inside, may have swayed the three judges that Canelo wanted it lot more than GGG did; Thereby, subsequently awarding him the decision afterwards.

If this was Olympic style type scoring then GGG would have won in a landslide because he landed the most punches overall and threw more too. However, this is professional prizefighting where styles and quality takes precedence over quantity. It's not the amount of punches a fighter lands but the types of punches he lands.

Comment

Working...
                      X