Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else didn't enjoy Canelo vs GGG II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else didn't enjoy Canelo vs GGG II?

I know I gotta be in the minority here but I can't be the only one.
    Who else didn't enjoy any of the canelo vs ggg fights and have no interest in seeing a third ?

I'd had enough by the time the fight finally came around. It encapsulated all that's wrong with boxing at the moment and involved many of the figures who are dragging it down for their own benefit.

There are better fights to watch with less bull**** attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
      I'd had enough by the time the fight finally came around. It encapsulated all that's wrong with boxing at the moment and involved many of the figures who are dragging it down for their own benefit.

There are better fights to watch with less bull**** attached.
      Thanks for replying, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        I know I gotta be in the minority here but I can't be the only one.
        Who else didn't enjoy any of the canelo vs ggg fights and have no interest in seeing a third ?
        I thought both fights would resemble The Fight of the Millenium. Nothing getting solved. Both making eachother look bad. No knockdowns. Set boxing back. Don’t care for a third. At this point I have them both #2 at MW. They can both go away for a while.

Comment

It was a great fight and you're badly jaded if you don't agree imo. The only thing tainting it was the controversial scorecards.

Comment

You know, I did have a few drinks the night of the fight so i wasn't completely clear headed. But I felt the first fight was okay not great, and i felt the same way after watching the second. It was an okay fight but not great. I will re watch the fight this week sober to see if my opinion changes at all, but I am surprised at how many people thought the fight was amazing/ foty lol. If that is how they feel then hey that's fine by me, better for the sport.

Comment

On Saturday I finished work at 19:00 UK time and went to my girlfriend's house to do some work on her car. Ended up staying there til after 23:00, then we both fell asleep on her couch. She woke me up about 02:00 and I drove home and put the boxing on. I caught the end of the Chocalitito fight, and the Lemoo-O'Sullivan fight, and Mungear squashing some jobber. The build-up in the UK was painfully slow. I eventually muted it and had a lie down. I woke up around 06:50 and immediately went to WBVA and downloaded the fight. After the download completed, I watched the first 4 rounds and then skipped through the rest. I could tell from the size of the file that it was gonna go the distance, and I knew that wouldn't turn out well for GGG. To be fair, from what I saw I think Canelo was getting the better of the fight. I just don't believe he's clean and it ruins the show for me.

Comment

High level, problems created, problems solved, ebbs and flows, I'm not sure what's not to like.

Honestly, you have to have a deep understanding of the sport to appreciate these fights. There hasn't been a whole lot of combinations and exchanges, but that's because GGG punches HARD, so any fighter is walking a bit of a tight rope when fighting him, the flip side is that GGG can't keep up with Canelo's speed so he has to pick and choose his spots too.

You are in the minority

Comment

I agree that the first fight was a huge disappointment but the second one was a barn burner candidate of the year type of fight in which both fighters produced.

Comment

It was a'ight. Very repetitive, like the first fight. Not much punch variety and no change in tactic. Rarely did I feel that anything exciting was about to happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X