Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin: We Saw it Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can already tell that this site is now going to act like Golovkin clearly lost this fight. By next month people will act like Alvarez won 10 rounds.

There is something messed up in the fact that most people think Golovkin won both fights yet the judges don't. And it's a pattern in Alvarez's career. It's *****ed to know that any close fight he's in will go his way, and even if he gets dominated he'll somehow have a judge find it in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
      Neither fighter retired to the ropes once the entire fight, part of the reason it was a classic. Ref played no part in the fight, no dirty tactics from either, nothing more than only momentary clinching, 2 great fighters matching each other punch for punch. Twas a classic.
      Exactly my point. That's the difference between "Running" and dictating a fight off the back foot. But ce la vie

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
        BINGO! The writer fails to mention that by round 3 GGG was winded from that point until the end. He was huffing and puffing from the viscous body shots Canelo had laid onto him. The writer also convienently fails to mention that GGG built up the ever famous “fight stats” by doing nothing but jabbing. A jab alone with an occasional power shot will not win fights EVER and especially on this stage. Not only were Canelo’s shots harder but more impactful, showing on the face of his opponent and were constant. GGG threw occasional power shots and while some landed most Canelo rolled with.

The article is obviously biased
        And please remind me why you omit that Canelo was also visibly gassed in the third quarter of the fight.

Way I saw it was Golovkin tired early, then regrouped; Canelo tired late, then regrouped.

I don't see any material difference in 'who out-tired who battle except they tired at different times, and largely fought through it, only giving up temporary advantage to the other. Canelo's strongest rounds were when Golovkin was exhibiting tiredness, and Golovkin's strongest rounds were when Canelo was exhibiting tiredness. But both regrouped and got back in to it.

Canelo landed the better body shots, but they weren't clearly effective in sapping Golovkin late in the fight, as he didn't. What I saw was one round where Canelo landed a body shot that I think hurt Golovkin, and gave Canelo a clear edge in that round where Golovkin went into cover-up mode a lot more - now THAT body shot, or series of them, was effective, but only in that round. Sure Golovkin may have had even more energy later but for the body work, so maybe it was effective in sapping energy, but they both matched each other for energy (or tiredness) in the 12th.

They both had eye damage from head clashes, but Golovkin's blackening around the right eye was from that punch Canelo landed in the 2nd - didn't see much else to read into facial damage - that punch in round 2 gave Canelo a clear round in an otherwise tight one, so he got credit for it on the cards imo.

If you don't like people who use the jab effectively, then I guess Ward, Floyd, Klit and JMM aren't your cup of tea either - they all used the jab a LOT to set up their other work.

Comment

Hack job

So I’m not going to call the fight a robbery the writer says....I’m just going to completely insinuate it’s a robbery without saying it! This is a hack piece by a jaded 3G supporter! He probably despite 3Gs very weak resume in nearly 40 fights, with only two elite names on it, believed the Kazakh was one of the greatest MW ever. He lost in a very thrilling entertaining fight! The cards reflected how close the fight was. So don’t insinuate a robbery which is just as bad as calling a fight a robbery that it was not!

Hopefully there will not be an immediate rematch! Please Canelo move on for now! I don’t want the division to become stagnant, give the other guys a shot. 3G should rematch Jacob’s like he should have after there first fight. But let’s move on these two are too evenly matched for their to be any suspense in a third fight. I totally disagree that 3G is the only big money fight at MW for Canelo! Saunders should he beat Andrade, and Charlo are good money fights! Both of those guys will sale the fight in ways 3G can’t. But based on the response I hear from Bhop, and GB fighters, they don’t want no part of Charlo. Let’s hope Canelo don’t feel the same!
          Last edited by Terrell1555; 09-17-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I loved the fight, but not the decision. However, both of these great fighters deserve much credit for their efforts to bring us such an epic fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I can already tell that this site is now going to act like Golovkin clearly lost this fight. By next month people will act like Alvarez won 10 rounds.

There is something messed up in the fact that most people think Golovkin won both fights yet the judges don't. And it's a pattern in Alvarez's career. It's *****ed to know that any close fight he's in will go his way, and even if he gets dominated he'll somehow have a judge find it in his favor.
              I think everyone got argued out the first time around, and the energy to argue about it again is gone. Just accept and move on. Tis what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

That's what always happens. People don't even remember that Salido/Loma was a close competitive fight that could go both ways, all they say now is that Salido dominated Lomachenko in an one sided ass whooping. A good example of that. History remembers the result, not details and Oscar knows that

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  So you want boxing to be like Xfactor?

The court of public opinion had Pacquiao beating Mayweather ffs.

In pro fighters opinion it was no robbery.
                  I just checked your 'twitter polls saying Pac won'. Complete BS again.

Some blow-hards argued Pac won on twitter, but that does not a poll make.

First place I always look after the media scores is eyeonthering - some clearly biased cards on there, but they largely even out and you're left with a tally that is invariably consistent with the media scores.

Media scores clearly gave it to Mayweather, and eyeonthering had Mayweather inning 9 rounds to 3.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    Talk about being a straight hater...
                    Just stay sucking on Triple g's balls...
                    What is the point of your comment? No, seriously, why would you waste time on making this idiotic remark that adds zero value to the discussion? If you disagree - fine, we can talk about it and discuss things on merit using arguments, facts, perceptions, opinions.. But instead that degenerative fart in the wind.

P.S. Any support for a fighter form the opposite corner for you and many others on this forum translates into "****riding" or "sucking balls". Its interesting how your first thought goes down there and into the realm of h0mo***uality. Freud would be quick to jump to conclusions here. Just come out already, no shame in that, be who you are and enjoy life, pumpkin

P.P.S. The fact that you want to come across as a boxing fan with all its masculinity only points to an idea that you might be compensating... Be honest with yourself, bro

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                      That's what always happens. People don't even remember that Salido/Loma was a close competitive fight that could go both ways, all they say now is that Salido dominated Lomachenko in an one sided ass whooping. A good example of that. History remembers the result, not details and Oscar knows that
                      Sadly, that's very true. In 7 years Canelo will be talked about as "a greatest fighter of his generation, who dethroned GGG". Only a few will remember what really happened...I'll be happy to remind them.

Comment

Working...
                      X