Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin: We Saw it Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If GGG can’t get the win when he beat redass 8-4 how does one ever get the win when it’s close??? Yep I agree.

36 is a good age , 37 is ok been there done that. It doesn’t getter easier.

Old man time is upon my favorite fighter

Comment

Canelo backed grovelkins ass up! Brought the fight to this euro Mexican style! Man triple g was looking like Mayweather In there running! Except with shit defense. Canelo beat this guys ass at his own fight! It was a clear definitive win and Canelo put on a clinic! We saw he gave caveman Golovkin a boxing lesson in the first fight and in this fight he taught Golovkin how to fight Mexican style! There’s levels to this caveman!!

Comment

the truth of the matter is even if we put these two fighting through eternity, we would get close calls every damn time.
        GGG isn't as skillful as Canelo, and Canelo doesn't have the power to KO GGG. It's really a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Almost every poll on twitter etc had Pacquiao winning. When a fighter is more popular they are going to have more people saying they won. This is common sense. You want boxing to become a popularity contest by having the public decide the outcome. Pathetic.
          Again, your twisting things to suit your agenda. Public opinion is adequately represented by the sum total of the media and boxing writers. I'm suggesting the judging aligns with that, not a poll of mexicans or kazakhs.

Back to mayweather/pac, only media summary i saw had something like 18 for mayweather, 1 draw and 1 for pac.

I'm not understanding why you wouldn't support that, except that it wouldn't support your own personal biases in this instance. Therefore any alternative must be labeled pathetic.
          Last edited by angkag; 09-17-2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            And what the writer want the fans to believe? where did he lie? Or the problem would be that article doesn't feat your agenda?

He's just stating that Golovkin was short changed having 1 scorecard out of 6 in Vegas since Nelo only outlanded GGG in 4 rounds out of 24.

He said there was no robbery, he's being quite fair unless you expect him to tell us Alvarez beat GGG from pilar to post wich is quite untrue.
            You've been jocking lil g this entire time. Your boy lost homie. They cried about Canelo running and not fighting Mexican Style the first fight.

So the second fight Canelo walked him down the whole fight busted his face the fuuck up, was dictating the pace of the entire fight and landed the way better shots through out the fight.

He beat lil g at his own game. Stood right in front of him and whooped that ass. Took his belt and his 0. Look at lil gs face. Canelo did a number on him lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Breno G View Post
              the truth of the matter is even if we put these two fighting through eternity, we would get close calls every damn time.
              GGG isn't as skillful as Canelo, and Canelo doesn't have the power to KO GGG. It's really a draw.
              At last, a reasonable opinion among the sewer of fan-rants.

I'd go a tad further and say they are equally skilful, just a slightly different skill set. They sure do neutralise each other, reason i could watch them fight over and over, especially the way nelo fought the other night. Got to give the 'flexibility' badge to nelo given he could match golovkin in two different ways.

I thought the statement of nelo matching golovkin but not bettering him best summed it up. Shame the judging didn't reflect that.

Comment

Ps. Reasonable opinion in this fight is

1) draw
                2) canelo edged it
                3) golovkin edged it

Anything else whiffs of fanboydom.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                  Robbie, are you unbiased ?

Only issue for me is that Golovkin won in the court of public opinion (both fights), but under the rules of boxing, he didn't win either, and that's a problem for the SPORT that I care about.

Boxing needs to align its results with the court of public opinion better for its own sake, and that's the only issue for me, whether its Golovkin, Canelo, Holyfield (Valuev), De La Hoya (Sturm), Pac (Bradley), Lewis (Holyfield), Whitaker (Chavez) etc etc

A system that continues to defy public opinion taints the sport and reduces its appeal. Its been going on for years, and that's the issue that should be getting our ire, not Golovkin or Canelo.

Golovkin is retiring soon and if you don't like him, you won't have to deal with his fights any longer. Ditto Canelo, he will be gone one day too. But the sport lives on, and that's the one that needs to be supported if its going to survive/thrive.
                  Why do the Fighters or promoters get to have a decision as to whom the judges will be why do they even have to know??

The judges should be anonymous and each be watching from a separate and unknown location with no commentary and the benefit of replays. If the round is close have them watch it again in between rounds and give the fighters an extra two minutes to recover then unless they give the signal to continue.

This stops (A Promotors influencing fighters and B) giving them a chance to review their scores.

Have a governing body responsible for training judges, Outlining what is being looked for and let there be real consequences for bad scoring.

Comment

"Glenn Feldman delivered 114-114. Dave Moretti matched Steve Weisfeld with 115-113. I had the same score but for Golovkin and thought there were probably three ‘swing’ rounds that could have gone either way.

The outcome was not a disaster. It was not a robbery. The problem comes when there is an air of inevitability about the whole thing, that everyone knew that if there was to be any benefit of any doubt that the Kazakh would not be the recipient, be it over three minutes or 12 rounds.

The home fighter, on the home promoter’s show, in a home promoter’s fighting city… A Mexican on Mexico’s Independence Day… If the cards fell, they were going to fall with the Mexican facing up – and they did."

I said the same thing myself in another thread last night.

I couldn't watch the fight, so I listened to a live commentary on BBC radio. There were 2 commentators, Mike Costello, the regular BBC radio guy for big fights, and Demetrius Andrade.

Going into the 12th, they both had GGG up by one round.

Andrade gave the 12th to GGG, Costello gave it to Canelo, and I didn't need to hear the official scores to know that Canelo was going to get the win.

After the verdict, Costello said he was surprised that none of the judges had given GGG more than 6 rounds in a fight as close as that. I wasn't surprised at all.

Andrade, btw, is an excellent colour commentator. To me, he sounded a lot like Paulie Malignaggi. Similar accent, and a similar way of talking about the technical details of what he's seeing in a fast, excitable voice.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 09-17-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                      Canelo backed grovelkins ass up! Brought the fight to this euro Mexican style! Man triple g was looking like Mayweather In there running! Except with shit defense. Canelo beat this guys ass at his own fight! It was a clear definitive win and Canelo put on a clinic! We saw he gave caveman Golovkin a boxing lesson in the first fight and in this fight he taught Golovkin how to fight Mexican style! There’s levels to this caveman!!
                      Do you understand the difference between being backed up on the defensive and controlling distance with a jab and staying out of the pocket? If you think like that then Ali, Klitchko Sugar Ray should never of won a fight. How many times was Golovkin's back to the ropes covering up and not throwing??

Comment

Working...
                      X