Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: I Can't Complain About Decision; Canelo Fought Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanchez kept requesting for GGG to stop implementing the stick so much and start mixing up the attack by throwing more power punches on the side; Like left hooks and right crosses to the head but Golovkin refused the advice by staying with the jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Golovkin's own trainer says he can't complain about the decision. So you have to respect the judges' call as well.

Also...pay Shadoww702 the money he says you owe him. Bet welching isn't cool.
      Originally posted by The plunger man
      I've told you already mongo it's up to 10 rounds for two hundred dollars...if canelo walks out for the 11th round you win...I'll even meet you in person no probs and I'll shove my winnings right round down your throat with my fist...so wind your neck in if you wanna stay awake...stick to this bet and don't message me no more till this fight is closer ..****ing mug
      It's not me just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
        Smith wasn't clear, he said 'Golovkin 6 rounds, Canelo 5 rounds, with the 6th round even'

I think that means he was specifying round 6 - not sure, could be read another way.
        he meant the sixth round as in the round that was up in the air. Not that it was the literal sixth round.

Comment

No rematch

I say Canelo just move on; you’ve closed the GGG story. Fight other champions and continue your winning streak. why risk it all on a third fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            I don't do 10-10 rounds. I'm saying I'm seeing a lot of scorecards with 10-10's on it which are BS.

people need to score fights better. There have been a lot more closer rounds than anything shown in the fight last night.

He didn't say, people never post their cards lol
            10 10 rounds are and should be extremely rare.

Most morons on here don't even score fights consistently and can't explain why they gave a close round to a fighter in detail.

I can post footage and break down an entire round and defend my position for why I gave the round to whom, and I'm also consistent with how I score rounds. I favor the aggressor as long as the aggression is effective, if the aggressor is getting countered and outboxed I favor the more accurate shots if the work rate is higher or even. I score ring general ship highly and don't give points simply for workrate. A solid power punch doesn't steal a round from a fighter who dominated even if only via jabs in my book, the closing rally must be significant.

My scoring approach in a nutshell and ive been consistent since day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              It's not me just saying...
              That's ****ing low. I've had him blocked for ages so I had no idea.

I was rooting for G, but no way was I putting money on this.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                10 10 rounds are and should be extremely rare.

Most morons on here don't even score fights consistently and can't explain why they gave a close round to a fighter in detail.

I can post footage and break down an entire round and defend my position for why I gave the round to whom, and I'm also consistent with how I score rounds. I favor the aggressor as long as the aggression is effective, if the aggressor is getting countered and outboxed I favor the more accurate shots if the work rate is higher or even. I score ring general ship highly and don't give points simply for workrate. A solid power punch doesn't steal a round from a fighter who dominated even if only via jabs in my book, the closing rally must be significant.

My scoring approach in a nutshell and ive been consistent since day 1.
                What was your score last night if you don't mind me asking? I thought I was on a good streak going having recently scored Porter/Garcia a 115-113 Porter win, but I had 116-112 G last night and was WAY off the mark it seems lol

(yes I know I said I was pulling for G, but I always score objectively)

Comment

It might be too late in GGG's game to add any new wrinkles. But if it's not too late, it's doubtful Abel Sanchez will provide them.

Either way, based on what we saw from the corner between rounds, I think GGG needs a new trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    That's ****ing low. I've had him blocked for ages so I had no idea.

I was rooting for G, but no way was I putting money on this.
                    Yup! Threaten someone and then not pay them. That was from the 1st fight. I have a lot more nasty messages then that. Just think if I lost how he would roll me not paying him???

PlungerMAN is a POS!!! "peeleft:

Comment

I’m going to say I’m not a fan of any particular boxer; I just LOVE boxing period. And I NO longer dislike Canelo. He gained my respect last night. I mean the guy has a helluva chin and can take some hard shots. And he came to fight last night. I have to give him props. He got busted for whatever and people can speculate he could have been doing stuff instead of contaminated meat. But he knew the commission and radar was on him for the rematch and he had to come into this fight totally clean. And he looked thinner than the last fight. And he proved, banned substance or not; whatever, I can still stand in front of this so called killer for 12 rounds, and not only be competitive, but arguably get a win.

Think about it, GGG got Lemieux out of there who easily destroyed someone last night. He dropped Jacobs and beat him. He got Rubio, Geale, Macklin, Murray, Stevens, Wade, Monroe, & Brook out of there with ease. They aren’t actually total bums. And Canelo, just goes 12 rounds and has GGG back peddling. I’m impressed!

Abel, “I can’t complain about the decision, but it’s close enough to warrant a third fight. Canelo fought a great fight. Congratulations. And Bernard Hopkins is probably happy too.
                      Last edited by markther; 09-16-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X