• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Illustrated - 114-114

Comment

JMM = Draw

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

WTF... Couldn't find enough to satisfy your narrative so you include 3 draws as "exoneration"??

Embarrassing!! And I say that as someone who feels GG won. I just don't feel the need to throw a bytch fit when close fights don't go the way I see them.
        I knew it was a damned close fight, but I didn't feel any of the nervous tension or anticipation that I usually get waiting for the verdicts at the end of a fight like that. Just resignation - because I'm a GGG fan - and a feeling of .. come on you fckers, get it over with so I can go to bed.

Boxing shouldn't be like that.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          I knew it was a damned close fight, but I didn't feel any of the nervous tension or anticipation that I usually get waiting for the verdicts at the end of a fight like that. Just resignation - because I'm a GGG fan - and a feeling of .. come on you fckers, get it over with so I can go to bed.

I was actually more nervous during the garcia-porter results lol though i don’t have a dog in that fight

I was rooting for GGG but it just didn’t go his way, understandably.

Comment

This right here ^^^^^ exactly right.
            We all knew a close fight was going Canelos way.

Comment

My wife came into the room at the end of the 12th and I told her, "Golovkin took this one. Canelo fought hard but just got too tired and sloppy." Then the decision came in and I was honestly shocked. Really felt bad for the dude to get done twice like that. I can't say they were outright robberies, but I think a person REALLY has to fish to find victory for Canelo in either of those. And, I say that as someone who has an appreciation for Canelo's style.

Comment

We need a third fight because that was special last night.

Props to both fighters.

Comment

I knew it was a damned close fight, but I didn't feel any of the nervous tension or anticipation that I usually get waiting for the verdicts at the end of a fighty like that. Just resignation - because I'm a GGG fan - and a feeling of .. come on you fckers, get it over with so I can go to bed.

I felt that way also m8.....as soon as 114-114 was announced i knew golovkin was losing his titles.
                  I feel after watching this fight 3 times golovkin won.
                  Watching on HBO 1st can really alter what you see with what you hear and hearing max kellerman keep talking like canelo was bossing the fight changes how things really are in that ring.
                  I then watched the uk version and i see golovkin 7-4 with one even....golovkin won a close fight but he won it no doubt in my mind m8

Comment

but larry said ggg got his ass kicked doe....

Comment

its closer fight than 1st 1 tbh
                      but u can't win close decision against canelo
                      + canelo wanted dog fight but golovkin wanted to box, not like he didnt try ko canelo, he did but his chin is durable

Comment

Working...
                      X