Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo to Explore Options Once HBO Deal Expires After Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i genuinely believe HBO wants out of boxing.
    i agree dey are not investing enough

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      Then Canelo should come over to the PBC. They will more than welcome him as there are several time slots available for him.
      PBC is Haymons company. Canelo would have to leave Golden Boy and we know thats not happening. Haymon has Showtime on lock for his stable only. I don't think he wants any other Promoters there especially ones who don't work with him

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        nah Anthony Joshua Terence Crawford, Lomachenko, Dillian whyte, Tyson Fury and dozens and dozens of other fighters are doing just fine and making huge money without them.
        AJ fights are on app for now on in the US, even when he fought on Showtime, he was getting terrible ratings. Crawford and Loma are with ESPN which is pretty much similar to Showtime and Fox deals. Fury's last fights have been on streamed on Showtime and will be on Showtime PPV. As for Whyte, nobody cares enough in the US to even want to show his fights. Canelo is a big name fighter that sells, GB could just do their own PPVs if they have the money, the way Top Rank has done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          PBC is Haymons company. Canelo would have to leave Golden Boy and we know thats not happening. Haymon has Showtime on lock for his stable only. I don't think he wants any other Promoters there especially ones who don't work with him
          Why would Canelo have to leave GB to fight on Showtime? Haymon doens't own Showtime. Showtime puts on what they want. Haymon had nothing to do with Showtime working with Hearn and AJ. Haymon has no say when Showtime picks up international fights promoted by other promoters or Showbox fights. Showtime gave Haymon and PBC a deal to broadcast his fighters but it doesn't mean they cant deal with other promoters.

Comment

Seems like we might be witnessing the end of HBO boxing.

Comment

Costing Nevada a May fight, and threatening HBO.

If the powers that be had their thumb on the scale for Canelo last time, it's completely reversed this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                Golden boy is signing a deal with ESPN mark my words. They already work together on a smaller scale and there's no room on showtime.

GGG is jumping ship too this is the last fight on his contract. He either retires or goes to ESPN willing to bet anyone who thinks otherwise
                Doubt it DAZN and showtime will be all over the opportunity to get Canelo signed, Showtime's only time to beat HBO was with Mayweather and than Canelo on their roster. When Mayweather retired and Canelo announced he was moving to HBO, I remember Espinoza almost begging Canelo to stay. Canelo is the only one that gave Showtime's ratings over 2 million viewers (non-PPV) beating HBO's programing for those couple of years when he stay with Showtime.

Comment

Jump off the Titanic while you can

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                    Doubt it DAZN and showtime will be all over the opportunity to get Canelo signed, Showtime's only time to beat HBO was with Mayweather and than Canelo on their roster. When Mayweather retired and Canelo announced he was moving to HBO, I remember Espinoza almost begging Canelo to stay. Canelo is the only one that gave Showtime's ratings over 2 million viewers (non-PPV) beating HBO's programing for those couple of years when he stay with Showtime.
                    Exactly. Showtime still needs "Crossover" Talent which Canelo clearly is (even in a loss to GGG). He'd by far be the biggest name under the Network. It'll be interesting though because it would be the 1st time outside of Anthony Joshua that Espinoza's worked with another high profile figure on the Network NOT tied to Al Haymon. That would be a HUGE Showtime pick up.

Let's also not forget Oscar and Espinoza worked together for Gary Russell and JoJO Diaz though it was a mandatory fight. They were both sitting next to one another talking, etc. Espinoza DID used to work for Oscar.
                    Last edited by RL_GMA; 09-13-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Then Canelo should come over to the PBC. They will more than welcome him as there are several time slots available for him.
                      PBC would have to come to Canelo as they have tried 4 other times and failed, all roads leads to Ca$hnelo, he dictates and PBC, DAZN, Showtime are all slobbering/drooling over the possibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X