Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo to Explore Options Once HBO Deal Expires After Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come Peter Nelson is still employed? SMH

Comment

Danny Jacobs the last man standing at HBO

Comment

GBP has ESPN deal so expect Canelo to go there.

I am praying ESPN doesn't function the same way HBO did and instead uses their power to break down walls and force fights to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          nah Anthony Joshua Terence Crawford, Lomachenko, Dillian whyte, Tyson Fury and dozens and dozens of other fighters are doing just fine and making huge money without them.
          to list them fighters show you do not a know a lot handful of fighters are making money nothing like what Naseem Hamed was making with HBO £3millon a fight with sky and HBo putting up the money

Comment

GBP is obviously going to leverage Canelo to get additional dates wherever they go. With the amount of content ESPN is looking for and the amount of fights they are looking to pick up aside from just TR, it makes a whole a lot of sense for him to go there. Now, not like he will ever fight on ESPN as he is going to be primarily on PPV, but he will get some good promotion on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
              It’s a shame that it’s come to this though. I guess HBO doesn’t really need Boxing though due to all the other content they have on there. It’s probably not a loss at all for them outside of the ones that mainly keep HBO only for Boxing.
              My thoughts exactly they just don't give a **** and it's become more apparent as time has gone on. I started to notice when they didn't wanna pay Bud and postol so they had to fight on a destined to fail ppv. Then they passed on Pacquiao on regular HBO didn't even offer ppv. Then they didn't renew their contract with TR which was filling most of the dates. Theyve put up up less. And less money and offered less dates. Just recently there was talk that they might pass on Kovalev Alvarez rematch which is the only big fight they have left after this Saturday.

Comment

i genuinely believe HBO wants out of boxing.

Comment

I think Canelo is done with HBO. Arum, Hearn and Haymon can easily make a better offer. Nobody wants Hearn to succeed in the states so I think all 3 put up a lot of money.

Comment

i hope dis dont effect the judges for the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      I think Canelo is done with HBO. Arum, Hearn and Haymon can easily make a better offer. Nobody wants Hearn to succeed in the states so I think all 3 put up a lot of money.
                      if he loses dey might be but idk

Comment

Working...
                      X