No announcement yet.

Why no interest to land a Pac fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Truth is Manny wont fight Crawford Spence or even Horn.

Manny wants somebody small like Lomo to come up to him, he doesn't want to fight full blown WWs .
    That's a damn shame too. Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn has ruined Manny and made him afraid of larger fighters.

This is a guy who once ran through Margacheato, now ducking guys in his primary weight class.

Comment

The only person that jumps to mind on calling out Manny is Khan. I don't know if that speaks to Khan's narcissism or everyone else's lack of ambition. Probably both.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        biggest money fight for who?

lucas made 2 million fighting pacquiao.

mikey made 3 million vs easter and bud made 3 million fighting horn.

aint nobody about to chase pacquiao around the world for chump change.
        Mikey made 3 million against Easter?

Whether you're a 30 year old Mikey Garcia or anyone else competeing around that weight; your take in a Pacquiao fight is not "Chump Change".

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Low pay to fight him in some obscure country. When that changes, they’ll line up.
          Let's hope that changes. But what's "low"? Imo fighting Rios or Malignaggi is small potatoes comparibly speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            There's little value in a Pac win anymore. Even that weird Aussie dude who's name I already forgot has a Pac win.

I love Manny but no one really cares anymore. Guys who hunt a 39 year old Pac look desperate.
            How is it desperate? He has a better resume than most of them combined. If Horn didn't jump on that grenade taking a fight with an irrelevant Pacquiao then he never would have landed a Bud fight. I still think it's hard to say Pacquiao is not elite anymore after pole axeing Mathysse and completely embarrasing Vargas recently.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn has been trying to get Manny to stop ducking a rematch bro
              I think that has to do with Pacquiao looking to more elite accomplished talent around 140 than just rematching the rough housing cheat after everyone thought he'd already one.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                It seems to me that Pac fights who he wants to fight. No one really gets a fight with him by calling him out.

In any case, the guy's a legend. I don't see anyone benefitting from dissing him.
                Conventional wisdom says calling him out doesn't work but I disagree. Pacquiao is a pampered, highly respected boxing superstar who has all the atg's kissing his @ss. I guarantee you if some of these guys like Thurman, either Garcia, Spence or Loma went on a virulent verbal campaign disrespecting him and setting the stage to retire him Tarver style, it'd get made. The problem it's just too easy to say hey what a nice guy and damn I hope he stays in his lane with a great final few pay days of his career. Just ask Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                  As far as money depends on the opponent. Khan would make alot more than someone like Lucas. But like somebody said nobody about to chase Manny for chump change and risk losing.
                  Are you kidding me? At this point what do any of these guys have to lose (excluding Spence)?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    Honestly, he is not a real draw anymore, the time has passed and beating him really doesn't mean much at this time man
                    It does and it doesn't. I wouldnt say Pacquiao is anywhere close to the shape Ali was against Holmes but the sheer fact of having a W on your resume against an atg boost your marketability. Finding Bundu or Rios, etc, does not.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      Suppose it just seems shameful to chase a 39 year old, part-time fighter.
                      Define part-time fighter. Like Thurman and Danny part-time?

Comment

Working...
                      X