Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we forgetting that in 2015 Fury tested positive for an anabolic steroid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    He failed 2 tests back to back man...a cheater is a cheater
    Povetkin was cleared for the meldonium test by WADA, because meldonium had just been banned not long ago prior to his testing, and also, out of four tests conducted in the same month, Povetkin tested negative in three tests, conducted on April 7, 8 and 11, while his April 27th samples, A and the B, were positive for meldonium, in trace amounts.

Also: WADA has ruled that certain minor levels in the system for tests between January 1 and October 1 of 2017 will be allowed, and Povetkin’s positive tests fell in that range. As of October 1, any amount of meldonium was strictly forbidden under these rules.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2016/7/1...ander-povetkin

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Povetkin was cleared for the meldonium test by WADA, because meldonium had just been banned not long ago prior to his testing, and also, out of four tests conducted in the same month, Povetkin tested negative in three tests, conducted on April 7, 8 and 11, while his April 27th samples, A and the B, were positive for meldonium, in trace amounts.

Also: WADA has ruled that certain minor levels in the system for tests between January 1 and October 1 of 2017 will be allowed, and Povetkin’s positive tests fell in that range. As of October 1, any amount of meldonium was strictly forbidden under these rules.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2016/7/1...ander-povetkin
      and then he turned around and failed another damn test...

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        and then he turned around and failed another damn test...
        So he failed one test. Not two. Can't call it a failed test if you have trace amounts of a substance that was legal 4 months ago...

But yes, he did fail the Ostarine test.

Comment

Originally posted by vlad_ View Post
          so he failed one test. Not two. Can't call it a failed test if you have trace amounts of a substance that was legal 4 months ago...

But yes, he did fail the ostarine test.
          make what ever excuses you want for the guy..but he is a drug cheat

Comment

I haven't forgotten and believe that he was doping against Klitschko. There's just no proving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tysonfury View Post
              Steroids don’t equal skills. Example Joshua
              No but it'll improve muscle twitch, overall stamina and mass/density which will help punch resistance. Not only that, using can add a huge confidence builder, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                UKAD sat on it because Fury engaged legal big hitters who started calculating the supposed projected earnings of a global heavyweight superstar and threatened to sue them for it. The U.K. Treasury weren't interested in forking out and told them to make the problem go away.

If fury was a shot putter with projected earnings of peanuts the case would've been sorted within a few weeks.
                Nonsense, the levels found were not any where near what someone taking nandrolone, if they were it would be an open-and-shut case.

It was obviously close to the legal limit, as no lawyer would be able to argue a false positive and the science behind it otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                  Nonsense, the levels found were not any where near what someone taking nandrolone, if they were it would be an open-and-shut case.

It was obviously close to the legal limit, as no lawyer would be able to argue a false positive and the science behind it otherwise.
                  If you want to see what a very expensive legal team can do to get a PED test to go away:

https://www.ukad.org.uk/assets/uploa...ughie_Fury.pdf

but the truth is as I said above. The levels were never in question, the legal team focused on failures in procedure.

Of course maybe both men were ingesting massive amounts of uncastrated wild boar offal...

Comment

When Fury first got caught with the steroids, the first thing he did was make a lot of noise about drinking, drugs and his supposed depression. And it worked because everybody forgot that he was caught with steroids. He made everybody look away from it. Even now, no one talks about it. But if you mention Povetkin, that's almost all they talk about hahaha. That's completely unfair to be honest. And I am positive that he was on something when he fought Klitschko too because I remember thinking that he was in the best shape I'd ever seen hm in by far.

Comment

So many fighters have tested positive and many more are suspected of using PEDs that I have given up on caring. I don't care anymore. I'm a fight fan and I just want to see good fights regardless.

Oh and also, I don't care what fighters do outside the ring. I don't care if they give away pumpkins on halloween or if they beat up their girlfriend's goldfish

Comment

Working...
                      X