No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME PPV For Wilder v Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
    So you think Americans will just buy the fight for $60ish because they see two 6ft guys screaming at eachother.

Both of them are lame when it comes to trash talking, Mayweather and Mcgregor are kings at it.

Wilder and Fury are both no-bodies, a couple of weeks of promotion wont change that. This has Ward-Kovalev PPV Numbers written all over it
    Nobodies? Well, Wilder is certainly a somebody. But the promotion will be very important. They will need to find a way on all these debate shows, big NY/LA radio stations and even an appearance or two on a late night show. You put these two together and hope the casuals latch on and it does good numbers. Wilder's name is rising as seen with the numbers for the Ortiz fight plus the whole Joshua fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
      So you think Americans will just buy the fight for $60ish because they see two 6ft guys screaming at eachother.

Both of them are lame when it comes to trash talking, Mayweather and Mcgregor are kings at it.

Wilder and Fury are both no-bodies, a couple of weeks of promotion wont change that. This has Ward-Kovalev PPV Numbers written all over it
      Lol Mayweather. All he did in the build up for McGregor was run around the stage screaming "yeahhhhhhh".

Fury is by far a better talker at least.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Nobodies? Well, Wilder is certainly a somebody. But the promotion will be very important. They will need to find a way on all these debate shows, big NY/LA radio stations and even an appearance or two on a late night show. You put these two together and hope the casuals latch on and it does good numbers. Wilder's name is rising as seen with the numbers for the Ortiz fight plus the whole Joshua fiasco.
        I think that's the key. Even if it's half staged, who cares? just give them as much exposure as possible and let them argue. People will buy into it. Their clash of personalities will entertain.

The general public like to be entertained and they buy into all that stuff. That's why the most watched "boxing" match this year will be between those two YouTube personalities (can't remember their names).

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          I think that's the key. Even if it's half staged, who cares? just give them as much exposure as possible and let them argue. People will buy into it. Their clash of personalities will entertain.

The general public like to be entertained and they buy into all that stuff. That's why the most watched "boxing" match this year will be between those two YouTube personalities (can't remember their names).
          Plus you have the black vs white factor here. Wilder already is making his way into the entertainment business by being in that reality show with his fiance' or wife. I still think he needs to get on to one of the late night shows. ESPN will definitely be covering this as they have made boxing a priority on their network. They just can't get lazy and get out to the public late into the promotion. Need to start it ASAP. Get on first take now and then again the week of the fight. Get on HOT 97 and the other big radio shows now. Build this up properly.

Comment

They're very good talkers, they have unbeaten records. Wilder has the devastating power who has knocked out almost all of his opponents.

Fury has the slick boxing skill that makes his opponents looks stupid and has made opponents quit!

Boxer vs puncher Great Britian vs America Champion vs Champion

This fight will do between 800k-950k

Comment

If they could find a way to make Hurd vs. Charlo the co main it would be huge! That's what they should shoot for

Comment

Worldwide #s will be huge

Comment

Originally posted by qwickm3 View Post
                  If they could find a way to make Hurd vs. Charlo the co main it would be huge! That's what they should shoot for
                  Espinoza already said they were targeting that fight for the fall or late in the year until Hurd had his operation. Now Hurd will take on kind of a tune up before the Charlo showdown. Which is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                    They're very good talkers, they have unbeaten records. Wilder has the devastating power who has knocked out almost all of his opponents.

Fury has the slick boxing skill that makes his opponents looks stupid and has made opponents quit!

Boxer vs puncher Great Britian vs America Champion vs Champion

This fight will do between 800k-950k
                    We have to take it a bit easy here. 800-950k is reserved for a very select few fighters. Actually three at the moment in Lesnar/McGregor/Canelo. That's it. No one else is doing those numbers. Rousey was but she is retired now. Even Jon Jones who is the GOAT at his sport doesn't do those types of numbers on a consistent basis.

Again though, the Black vs White factor here is underrated here. When you have two big talkers from each race, it will bring in a certain type of demographic. You will get certain reactions from both sides. I bet you at one point Fury or Wilder will try to sell this to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      And the undercard is supposed to be great. I need someone to translate the tweet in Spanish. I don't think google translate is giving the correct translation

When I see that tweet I thought Santa Cruz vs Russell Jr

Comment

Working...
                      X