Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Eleider Alvarez?
    Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    @"Motorcity Cobra" this guy won it. Yeah, it must be Alvarez. Against... Krusher again?
    That makes sense. The guy he was responding to is from Columbia. I think he was congratulating him on Alvarez win. I doubt Alvarez will be on the UC because HBO has options on his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      That makes sense. The guy he was responding to is from Columbia. I think he was congratulating him on Alvarez win. I doubt Alvarez will be on the UC because HBO has options on his next fight.
      HBO does have options on his next fight? Is that confirmed?

But I doubt it is Alvarez as well since Kovalev can exercise the rematch clause and Alvarez can't make a decision until the deadline passes for that. I believe he had 60 days after the fight to do so. May have been 90 days I don't remember.

A good UC fight would be LSC vs GRJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Hopefully they break 300K. With a $59.99/69.99 model, that would give them ~$20,000,000 in PPV revenue.
        Closer to 10 after distributor takes their 45 or 50 percent cut..

Of course you got the gate which would once again prolly make it close to 20 or prolly even more as a HW fight like this will really attraxt live crowd

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          HBO does have options on his next fight? Is that confirmed?

But I doubt it is Alvarez as well since Kovalev can exercise the rematch clause and Alvarez can't make a decision until the deadline passes for that. I believe he had 60 days after the fight to do so. May have been 90 days I don't remember.

A good UC fight would be LSC vs GRJ.
          Yea they have options on his next fight be it Kovalev or someone else. I read it in once of those articles after the Kovalev fight and in a couple tweets. I'll see if I can find it

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
            Exactly! You've got no mexican backing with this fight, i think it will bomb.

But 100% i hope it does well, for the good of the sport and it will make the winner v Joshua MASSIVE. Unless Wilder-Fury turns into a Klitschko match.
            It cant bomb .

Its 2 undefeated HW's with a lot of time to promote in a title fight .

How well it does is another question ?

One of 4 things will happen if Wilder wins . ( IF )

1. Possible rematch to ensure he gets another payday .

2 . The fight will be bad therefore no rematch .

3 . Wilder will price himself out ( shocking ) and proclaim hes the savior of boxing .

4 . Hearn will find it easier to negotiate if the fight does well bc Wilder will then contribute to the actual fight vs Joshua and we'll see the fight .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-21-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Haymon did ZERO .....lol

Mayweather and McGregor did the self promoting , most ppl wont even know who Fury and Wilder are they'll just see 2 tall guys arguing back and forth and wont know who they are unless they start following boxing ..
              Who do you think set up the promotional tour, fronted the money, etc? That was all Haymon.

No, this isn’t as big, but more people in the USA will pay PPV money to see Wilder-Fury than will sign up to see AJ-Povetkin for FREE on DaysInn.

Speaking of promotion, where’s Eddie? One of his huge things was getting AJ on DaysInn USA and it’s less than a month away and it’s completely overshadowed by Fury-Wilder and they haven’t even named the date publicly yet.

I’m quite sure AJ will do fine in the UK market with this fight but it’s done vanished like a fart in the wind in America. Literally no one knows it’s happening. And he’s banking on that fight to help get people to at least take a free trial of DaysInn USA.

I guess Adamek is going to be his cash cow, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                Closer to 10 after distributor takes their 45 or 50 percent cut..

Of course you got the gate which would once again prolly make it close to 20 or prolly even more as a HW fight like this will really attraxt live crowd
                I already broke it down in another thread, but for both fighters to come away with $10+ million and closer to the $15 million range, the PPV would have to do around 350k buys stateside and 500k PPVs in the UK. That is formula to get to their target number.

The live gate for Hopkins vs Calzaghe was $11,636,400 which is insane in hindsight. I believe Warren was involved in that fight as well. I wonder if they have similar pricing for this fight? I mean it's not like Calzaghe had a Hatton type of following or anything.

And I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I'm pricing the PPV at $70 bucks not $60 bucks. Why put it at $60? You aren't going to not buy the PPV just because it is priced at 10 bucks less.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  And the undercard is supposed to be great. I need someone to translate the tweet in Spanish. I don't think google translate is giving the correct translation

Spence Garcia *Crosses fingers*

Comment

I know for sure that they’re gonna do more than 97k

Comment

300K is prob the best guess.
                      500k would prob be the number they expect

Comment

Working...
                      X