Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Wilder is Technically Not That Good, Fury Wins on Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    True. But Wilder hasn't been floored by bums. Also, Wilder is more disciplined in his lifestyle. Based on all accounts, he's a good family man who just trains hard.
    No question. I wasn't agreeing with Hatton's assessment; rather I was just saying that Hatton knows a bit about bad technique.

Comment

Tbh Wilder hits everyone extremely hard at some point and it’s not by chance. Because it happens in 100% of his fights

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        I'm actually amazed at how many people think that Wilder only has a puncher's chance. A puncher's chance implies that he will be outboxed and somehow land some prayer power shot that turns the tide or KO's Fury. Wilder isn't pretty to watch, but he has many more athletic advantages than just power. He is about 5x as fast, hands and feet. This is going to be such a complete one-sided domination. Its the perfect fight for Wilder. He's going to destroy him and guarantee a 50/50 purse split with AJ (in Vegas).
        I had to read through all the other crap to get to one guy that made sense.

Some people only see Wilder flailing when he's going for the KO but forget how he gets to that point. The Ortiz fight was a good display of his skills. He started out with the jab and Ortiz caught him when he got comfortable. He stayed calm and used his defense. He was able to catch Ortiz coming in because he got too confident himself.

You can see Wilder has good fundamentals but he gets too excited sometimes. Fury had a good fight against Klitschko because he happened to fight the very worst version. They were able to produce one of the worst fights I've seen in years.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
          Lol, give me Hatton. He's more effective with the style. Porter smothers his punches/power too much.
          I agree, I just don’t know if Ricky could handle the head butts. It would depend on the ref. That fight would be a messy phone booth .

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            Porter would kill Hatton, crap stamina and endurance in comparison to Porter. That's not even worth thinking twice about. And porter is bigger.

Also Wilder will likely Ko Fury.
            Lol, Kill? Yeah, maybe with a barrage of headbutts.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Yep. Baited him the entire way. If you extend that gif, I believe Ortiz was throwing some jabs that were missing by inches. Wilder's plan the entire time there was to hope Ortiz extends out and then he will land his counter. And once he did it was the beginning of the end for him.

Wilder actually fought a fairly disciplined fight. It's only when he has you hurt he goes all crazy. Technique goes out the way and he is just trying to kill you.
              Was it also his plan to fall off balance?

I bet it was his plan to nearly get himself KOd too...just to lull Ortiz into a false sense of security.

Comment

Fury is terrible. Wilder will eventually ko him, but be certain he’ll be ahead on points as well.

Comment

"That straight right hand that Wilder has is absolutely murderous." FACT !!!!!

"Wilder will have to be a lot better technically if he wants to beat the best defensive heavyweight in history." BULL$H!t!!!

Fury is a HIGHLIGHT REEL KO waiting to happen!!!!

The only thing CERTAIN is he will be laughing all the way to the BANK.

Comment

Hatton trained with Fury, so i would take some of this word with a pinch of salt. People think Wilder is just about KO power. Yes he can be in love with his power but he is actually fluid and very awkward. He can box and mix it up.

Comment

it doesnt matter who's technically better or who's hands are more explosive.

the guy who has the better gameplan along with the longer stamina come penultimate round wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X