Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Wilder is Technically Not That Good, Fury Wins on Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
    I believe this is the punch you were talking about. Ortiz tried following up and jumping in with a right hand and... POW!! that was the beginning of the end

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Yep. Baited him the entire way. If you extend that gif, I believe Ortiz was throwing some jabs that were missing by inches. Wilder's plan the entire time there was to hope Ortiz extends out and then he will land his counter. And once he did it was the beginning of the end for him.

Wilder actually fought a fairly disciplined fight. It's only when he has you hurt he goes all crazy. Technique goes out the way and he is just trying to kill you.
    He learned that shot from Floyd. Guaranteed. He wasn't doing that before he visited Mayweather's camp - I think it was before Pacquiao.

Comment

How did Rickey Hatton become an expert on “boxing?” I really don’t get boxing fans sometimes. If you don’t know, everything can be verified online.

Hatton fought a bunch of bums BEFORE facing Kostya Tszyu. And Tszyu was 35 when they fought each other, Hatton was 27 years old. Your supposed to win that fight. And Tszyu was an over rated fighter himself. His best win was against Zab Judah and Julio Caesar Chavez at 38 years old who had 108 fights already.

After Ricky beat Tszyu, Hattons best wins before losing to Manny, Floyd, and Vyacheslav Senchenko were against feather fisted Paul Malignaggi who had already lost to Miguel Cotto and Jose Luis Castillo who had already been in wars and lost to Floyd twice and Diego Corrales once.

Hatton is over rated and shouldn’t be giving any advice on “boxing.” Maybe how to brawl, and maul, and come in without protecting yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
        That's true. Hatton was basically a better Shawn Porter in my opinion with all that bullrushing and smothering. He's still right about Wilder though.
        Prime Ricky vs Porter would be a good scrap. Let's make it a fantasy fight. Who you got ?

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Prime Ricky vs Porter would be a good scrap. Let's make it a fantasy fight. Who you got ?
          Lol, give me Hatton. He's more effective with the style. Porter smothers his punches/power too much.

Comment

Fury gonna box this dude up and send him home to the family for an early Christmas present.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Lol, give me Hatton. He's more effective with the style. Porter smothers his punches/power too much.
              Porter would kill Hatton, crap stamina and endurance in comparison to Porter. That's not even worth thinking twice about. And porter is bigger.

Also Wilder will likely Ko Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                wilder's power is hysterical. reminded me a bit of jackson -graham, but jackson slept him with one punch and wilder only rocked his guy . still, if you can hurt a dude on the back foot and off balance like that you are a FREAK. wilder's straight right hand is a gift from god, it's a shame he didn't learn to use it properly as a young man and is such a windmill.
                Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                Wilder does have poor technique sometimes and I wonder what in the hell does his trainer teach him during training camp, just wait for the money shot? Wilder needs to switch his trainer and bring Jermell Charlo's trainer or something. It doesn't make any sense not to have a better jab than what he has or defense. He should be more polished with 40 fights under his belt.
                He started boxing at the age of 21, went pro at the age of 23. It's actually incredible that he is 40-0, WBC heavyweight champ, is currently ranked top 10 pound for pound on a few lists, and will most likely be top 10 on all lists if he defeats Fury.

Comment

So Hatton is saying Fury's only chance is to run like a rat and hope he can weasel out a decision over seas. I guess Hatton didnt get the memo to overhype the crap out of this non PPV fight by saying knockout every other word.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    he is probably right!

i didn't see all of fury's last fight, so i will withhold my pick, but you have to understand that styles make fights, and what that means. fury is a better boxer by a stretch. he moves very well for somebody that big. he just does. there's a real question about whether or not wilder will be able to land his power. the balance leans on fury to win the rounds, wilder has a puncher's chance. i can't see how anybody disagrees with that, just looking at the styles.

now, what you also need to consider is how far gone fury was. again, my feed was garbage and i didn't see the whole fight. in his first comeback fight fury looked more interested in teh fights in the crowd, i though the was ready to retire. wilder knocks that dude out. but he lost enough weight to make me pause, and think about just how rough of a time wilder is going to have against a taller guy with head movement.
                    I'm actually amazed at how many people think that Wilder only has a puncher's chance. A puncher's chance implies that he will be outboxed and somehow land some prayer power shot that turns the tide or KO's Fury. Wilder isn't pretty to watch, but he has many more athletic advantages than just power. He is about 5x as fast, hands and feet. This is going to be such a complete one-sided domination. Its the perfect fight for Wilder. He's going to destroy him and guarantee a 50/50 purse split with AJ (in Vegas).

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                      How did Rickey Hatton become an expert on “boxing?” I really don’t get boxing fans sometimes. If you don’t know, everything can be verified online.

Hatton fought a bunch of bums BEFORE facing Kostya Tszyu. And Tszyu was 35 when they fought each other, Hatton was 27 years old. Your supposed to win that fight. And Tszyu was an over rated fighter himself. His best win was against Zab Judah and Julio Caesar Chavez at 38 years old who had 108 fights already.

After Ricky beat Tszyu, Hat
                      tons best wins before losing to Manny, Floyd, and Vyacheslav Senchenko were against feather fisted Paul Malignaggi who had already lost to Miguel Cotto and Jose Luis Castillo who had already been in wars and lost to Floyd twice and Diego Corrales once.

Hatton is over rated and shouldn’t be giving any advice on “boxing.” Maybe how to brawl, and maul, and come in without protecting yourself.
                      Off topic, but I don't know many people who saw Tszyu fight who would ever call him overrated. The Hatton fight was a badass fight and a highly respectable win for the Hitman.

Comment

Working...
                      X