Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: I Have To Raise My Game To Win a World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You definitely have to, last fight was poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      Hey Mayweather was my favourite fighter but he never walked through his opponents in his later years. His Conor McGregor performance is a typical example of walking through an opponent. He took whatever McGregor had throw and steamrolled forward. GGG also. He walks through his opponents.

Tyson made Klitschko look amateurish but he didn’t walk through Klitschko. You have heard of the term walking through punches in order to get yours off? Tyson and Mayweather don’t fight like that. I rate Tyson’s skillset but because of his lack of power and dubious chin he can not adopt the tactic of walking through any fighter unless they don’t propose a threat. That was the only point I was making. I love his style hit and not get hit but if you talk about walking through an opponent I think of Errol Spence not Tyson Fury
      completely agreed, it may not be pleasing on the eye but its super effective. As for MayMac i feel that was the only time mayweather walked through someones punches, granted he has a granite chin as mosley found out but altho it seems ludicrous to do so i believe tyson and bjs have similar traits and style to floyd. errol is the perfect example of a walk down fighter but fighters like this usually suffer from this tactic later in their career

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        Yes, for all his smack talking Fury just strikes me as emotionally fragile.

That is a massive weight loss and, although achievable given how grossly overweight Fury was, I can understand the suspicion especially as drug testing in the UK is a joke.
        All UK boxers are subject to the intensive drug testing in the UK that all other sports are. It is as stringent as it gets and it is pretty well funded. Basis for suggesting otherwise.

Comment

There's nothing to look forward to in Wilder v Fury bout. The fight boxing fans want to see is Joshua-Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
            There's nothing to look forward to in Wilder v Fury bout. The fight boxing fans want to see is Joshua-Wilder
            Both guys would rather fight eachother so they make excuses .

Wilder knows Fury is more winnable and Fury knows hes going to get hit far less and likes his chances against a guy who needs reach advantage and doesn't like jabs which Fury does best .

In the end Fury most likely derails Wilder and that may be the best outcome bc Wilder obviously doesn't want Joshua , he HAD/HAS an agreed to contract !

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Both guys would rather fight eachother so they make excuses .

Wilder knows Fury is more winnable and Fury knows hes going to get hit far less and likes his chances against a guy who needs reach advantage and doesn't like jabs which Fury does best .

In the end Fury most likely derails Wilder and that may be the best outcome bc Wilder obviously doesn't want Joshua , he HAD/HAS an agreed to contract !

you talk absolute nonsense...always

Comment

Originally posted by allen23 View Post
                completely agreed, it may not be pleasing on the eye but its super effective. As for MayMac i feel that was the only time mayweather walked through someones punches, granted he has a granite chin as mosley found out but altho it seems ludicrous to do so i believe tyson and bjs have similar traits and style to floyd. errol is the perfect example of a walk down fighter but fighters like this usually suffer from this tactic later in their career
                100 per cent

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  Hate them. F#ucked my knees up for life because of that exercise. Fu#ck that exercise just gives you a female’s booty anyway. Lol
                  Yeah I ****ed mine up for a bit too when I started , you have to keep your knees out lol maybe on 2nd thoughts....
                  My ass got huge too lol it does look a bit ridiculous
                  Joshua isn't an athletic specimen by accident tho, he works so hard at it and uses the best advice

Squats strengthen everything thighs, ass and core which are biggest muscle groups, I think any athlete should do them, even weight limited boxers, just to move better and be more explosive , as long as they don't over do them

Look at say Tua and Pacquiao, they could prob squat a truck, thats natural but it's where their power comes from

Comment

Originally posted by scarybodyshot View Post
                    That's the thing about mental illness, it never truly leaves an individual.. you can suppress it with therapy or medication but it will always be there.

I also believe his massive weight loss as suspicious, you'd expect a little bit of excess skin given the amount he's lost. Has he had liposuction on the sly? Also the timescale in which he has lost it is nothing short of remarkable. - Has he had help through the use of Clen? - He's admitted he doesn't eat clean so it's not a combination of a perfect diet and training... Even with those two things 10 stone in little over 6 months is crazy.
                    I read an interview a while ago about what he was doing to lose weight. It was a couple of hours a day, maybe more, doing steady state cardio like running and the cross training machine. That burns a **** load of calories. If Fury went from doing nothing, to that, plus the sparring and other training, it's feasible he could lose weight so quickly to me. With a calorie restricted diet, he'd be torching through the excess blubber.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
                      All UK boxers are subject to the intensive drug testing in the UK that all other sports are. It is as stringent as it gets and it is pretty well funded. Basis for suggesting otherwise.
                      Personal knowledge of a number of UK boxers that have NEVER been drug tested, and a number of others that have only had a very occasional post-fight urine test.

"All UK boxers . . . . " ?!!

"It is as stringent as it gets . . ."?!!!

What's your basis for making those ridiculous statements?!

How many random drug tests does ukad conduct on boxers?

". . . .it is pretty well funded."??!!!!

They couldn't even afford to properly pursue the Furys for testing positive!
                      Last edited by tokon; 08-16-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X