Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Explains Saunders Deal, Tense Negotiations For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thack View Post
    Oscar is a slimy little twat .....being a promoter suits him ,even if he's not as able as most.

I hope Canelo gets hammered but I have my doubts time is definitely in Canelo's corner just hope he stands his ground this time.

for goodness sake, they will be in a TINY boxing ring

how can you not stand your ground ?

Golovkin can either beat Canelo, or he cannot lol

we will see

I thought the guy could cut off the ring ???

if he is not good enough, you are wasting your time blaming the other guy

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Give credit to Saunders he took that deal on the contingency another fight would fall apart. Shows he actually wants to fight which I respect even though I can't stand him.

1) he also signed to fight Golovkin in Kazakhstan before the first Canelo fight

2) we still have muppets running around insisting that Saunders is ducking lol

Comment

Fook all you boxing bidness men and whos A side and who deserves what. You sound like a bunch of women standing outside in the hall wishing it was you getting fooked on the other side of the door. Wannabes. Clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by McDonough View Post
          Why? Charlo hasn't done shít and doesn't bring anything to the table. I would rather see Saunders get that spot after he beats Andrade.
          Well the short answer to that is, charlo is the wbc mandatory so he may get the shot first. That, or he'll take step aside money.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            1) he also signed to fight Golovkin in Kazakhstan before the first Canelo fight

2) we still have muppets running around insisting that Saunders is ducking lol
            I never heard of an agreement to fight him in Kazakhstan. Who the hell would fight there? No chance. Saunders admitted himself that he didn't want or wasn't ready for the ggg fight previously. He changed his tune over the last yr plus though.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
              Unification fights first.

GGG/Canelo winner vs Saunders/Andrade winner
              Jacobs/Derevyanchenko winner vs Charlo

Then the winners of those fights for the undisputed middleweight crown.
              Yeah this scenario makes the most sense in my opinion. I imagine Charlo would have to take step aside money though being the mandatory. But unification would be nice after Sept 15th

Comment

Originally posted by Billycostigan View Post
                Yeah this scenario makes the most sense in my opinion. I imagine Charlo would have to take step aside money though being the mandatory. But unification would be nice after Sept 15th
                Unifications trump mandatories and if Charlo waits it out, he could have a chance to win the WBA (Super), WBC, IBF, WBO, IBO, Ring, and lineal middleweight championships in one shot.

After Golovkin was elevated from WBA (Regular) and IBO champion to WBA full and IBO champion after the (Super) champion vacated, it took him 10 more fights to get a shot at the IBF belt, 3 more fights to become WBC full champion, and another fight after that to get his first shot at the Ring/lineal titles. And then he got his IBF belt taken away.

So if he beats Canelo, then unifies with Saunders and Jacobs assuming they win, it will have taken him an additional 17 fights after he became a full world champion to become undisputed champion.

So if I'm Charlo, I wait it out and try to see who comes out of the GGG/Canelo/Saunders/Andrade/Jacobs/Derevyanchenko cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  I never heard of an agreement to fight him in Kazakhstan. Who the hell would fight there? No chance. Saunders admitted himself that he didn't want or wasn't ready for the ggg fight previously. He changed his tune over the last yr plus though.
                  there was no agreement. aboutfkntime just makes up stuff to suit his agenda.

Fact is Golovkin got a bit dinged up in the Jacobs fight so the Kazahkstan fight was never a real possibility.......

Comment

More champions and all kind of fighters should take a note from GGG. Damn GGG is pure class and a total boss how he treated the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      More champions and all kind of fighters should take a note from GGG. Damn GGG is pure class and a total boss how he treated the situation.
                      well said ^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X