Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Explains Saunders Deal, Tense Negotiations For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to the king Golovkin showing why he is the man of the division. He had a deal in place to fight the best and his back up plan was to fight the next best fighter. He shows respect and is cordial hope he gets the win in September we are seeing someone special.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      for goodness sake, they will be in a TINY boxing ring

how can you not stand your ground ?

Golovkin can either beat Canelo, or he cannot lol

we will see

I thought the guy could cut off the ring ???

if he is not good enough, you are wasting your time blaming the other guy
      He was very good at cutting the ring in his prime. Now at age 36, his legs have obviously slowed down, and even when his legs catch up to Canelo and cut him off, his hands have also slowed down allowing Canelo to bob and weave the punches and then escape. Stop pretending like you don't know how age works in sports. Pick your favorite running backs and WRs in the NFL, positions also dependent on foot speed, and let's see how dominant they are at 36 years of age. I mean, I thought Marshawn Lynch was good! What happened??? Everyone said he could break through the hole and go for long runs, but I watch him now and he barely ever does!! I guess he's just not good enough and he was always a hype job right???

See how dumb that sounds?

If you don't think the NFL is a fair comparison because it's too physical, let's use the NBA. I thought Kobe Bryant was good!! What happened!!!! He retired at the same age GGG is now, and he wasn't very good for YEARS before that. I guess Kobe Bryant is a hypejob!!!!

Tony Parker is 36 years old right now. Won a few championships, but cant defend anymore, declined in many ways. I guess he always sucked!

Stop acting stupid just because you hate GGG, bro. If you wanted to see him exposed, you have no one but the likes of Peter Quillin, Danny Jacobs, Sergio Martinez, Canelo, Jermall Charlo, etc etc, to blame, not GGG. There was only one chance to expose GGG and that was during his prime. Unfortunately, all the other top middleweights ducked him, and others who should have been at 160 this whole time like Jermall Charlo hid out at 154 until GGG got old. Now that GGG is old, there is no exposing him. It's too late. No matter how bad he loses now, it does nothing to diminish or expose how good he was in his prime, just like Roy Jones and BHop losing past their primes does not diminish how good they were in their primes.

So I hate to break it to you, but it's too late. Canelo can KO GGG, and it won't expose **** other than how Canelo waited until GGG was past prime to fight him. In fact, GGG is the same age right now as Pacquiao was when Floyd fought him. Same exact bull****. Only difference is, at least Floyd was also old (in years. But, he didn't do VADA testing so his prime lasted much longer, which is why it's a lot different, not to mention he barely had a tough fight his entire career due to cherry picking, plus he only fought once or twice per year for much of his prime, unlike Pacquiao who fought all the top guys and got in tons of wars against way bigger opponents). But, you get the point, GGG is just as far past his prime now that Canelo's finally fighting him as Pacquiao was when Floyd fought him. That's why neither of these fights affects either Pacquiao or GGG's legacy. If you wanted someone to expose them, then you should have pressured the fighters you like to fight them in their primes, instead of supporting the ducking of these fighters until they got old.

Lomachenko is next up. Do you want him exposed? Then stop supporting duckers like Tank Davis. Actually pressure him to fight Lomachenko before Lomachenko's 33rd birthday, otherwise that **** won't count either if Tank beats him. Lomachenko is only 30 years old right now, so guess what, there is plenty of time. That gives Tank Davis over two years to fight this guy in his prime. Lomachenko has already been calling for that fight for about two years, so that means Tank will have had about a five year window to fight a willing opponent during his prime. If a five year window isn't enough for Tank to make it happen, then guess what, Tank and his team didn't WANT to make it happen. That will mean they wanted to wait until Loma got old, just like Floyd did with Pacquiao, just like Canelo did with GGG (following Floyd's advice through the media of "don't fight him yet, Canelo don't need GGG.")

So if Team Floyd/Tank, or anyone else following the ducker's blueprint, pull the same **** with Loma or anyone else, then that **** won't count for a damn thing either! If you want it to start counting, then you need to stop supporting these duckers, and start demanding they fight top opponents during their PRIMES, which is not only the only way for you to see the fighters you dislike get exposed for REAL where it counts, but is also way better for THE SPORT OF BOXING and way more entertaining!! You ever notice how every megafight these days turns into a complete dud? Never lives up to the hype? You know why that is? Because every megafight lately features an OLD fighter. Every megafight lately features an overrated, younger fighter fighting against an old, past prime great fighter who they ducked until he got old. And when you have a fight between one overrated fighter, and one past prime fighter, what you get is an overrated, past prime, boring fight.

So do you actually care about boxing? Do you actually want to be entertained by boxing like it USED to be when guys actually fought each other in their primes, like Duran-Leonard? Then stop hating on the only guys in the sport who actually try to fight the best IN THEIR PRIMES, and stop supporting all the boxers who duck those guys IN THEIR PRIMES! And if you can't help who you like and dislike, then at least demand the fighters you like fight the ones you dislike IN THEIR PRIMES so that you can actually celebrate when the ones you like win, instead of it not counting for **** like this GGG-Canelo fight won't if Canelo wins. Do what's right for the sport AND your own rooting interests, and stop accepting all these past prime fights due to all the ducking being done by the guys you for some reason support!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        It's true. They were going to fight at Expo 17 in June last year in Kazakhstan but GGG didn't fight because he waited for the Canelo fight. Golden Boy said they didn't want GGG to fight again before september.

Go to 10.50 in this video, he shows messages on his phone in conversation with Tom Loeffler about sending the contracts, which he then signed

Casting couch with Michelle!!? BJS just became #1 P4P!

Comment

and Canelo/Golovkin is not 50/50 ?

I have it 60/40 Canelo, with Golovkin needing to put in a much better effort if he wishes to keep his titles this time around
          I believe Saunders has a better shot at beating GGG than Canelo. By no means I think Canelo doesn’t have a good chance to beat him, but I realli have a difficult time seeing him win by KO or a non controversial decision.

Last time around, I thought that Canelo fought above my expectations, while GGG underperformed. Based on that belief, I see GGG winning around 8 rounds.

Maybe GGG underperforms in big fights like ODLH, who knows? His 2 big fights gave more questions than answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            While BJS has a good chance at beating GGG, he won't do what Canelo is going to to to him: and that is to say Canelo is going to lite that boy up like a Christmas tree
            Canelo gonna get lit up like a Christmas tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              He was very good at cutting the ring in his prime. Now at age 36, his legs have obviously slowed down, and even when his legs catch up to Canelo and cut him off, his hands have also slowed down allowing Canelo to bob and weave the punches and then escape. Stop pretending like you don't know how age works in sports. Pick your favorite running backs and WRs in the NFL, positions also dependent on foot speed, and let's see how dominant they are at 36 years of age. I mean, I thought Marshawn Lynch was good! What happened??? Everyone said he could break through the hole and go for long runs, but I watch him now and he barely ever does!! I guess he's just not good enough and he was always a hype job right???

See how dumb that sounds?

If you don't think the NFL is a fair comparison because it's too physical, let's use the NBA. I thought Kobe Bryant was good!! What happened!!!! He retired at the same age GGG is now, and he wasn't very good for YEARS before that. I guess Kobe Bryant is a hypejob!!!!

Tony Parker is 36 years old right now. Won a few championships, but cant defend anymore, declined in many ways. I guess he always sucked!

Stop acting stupid just because you hate GGG, bro. If you wanted to see him exposed, you have no one but the likes of Peter Quillin, Danny Jacobs, Sergio Martinez, Canelo, Jermall Charlo, etc etc, to blame, not GGG. There was only one chance to expose GGG and that was during his prime. Unfortunately, all the other top middleweights ducked him, and others who should have been at 160 this whole time like Jermall Charlo hid out at 154 until GGG got old. Now that GGG is old, there is no exposing him. It's too late. No matter how bad he loses now, it does nothing to diminish or expose how good he was in his prime, just like Roy Jones and BHop losing past their primes does not diminish how good they were in their primes.

So I hate to break it to you, but it's too late. Canelo can KO GGG, and it won't expose **** other than how Canelo waited until GGG was past prime to fight him. In fact, GGG is the same age right now as Pacquiao was when Floyd fought him. Same exact bull****. Only difference is, at least Floyd was also old (in years. But, he didn't do VADA testing so his prime lasted much longer, which is why it's a lot different, not to mention he barely had a tough fight his entire career due to cherry picking, plus he only fought once or twice per year for much of his prime, unlike Pacquiao who fought all the top guys and got in tons of wars against way bigger opponents). But, you get the point, GGG is just as far past his prime now that Canelo's finally fighting him as Pacquiao was when Floyd fought him. That's why neither of these fights affects either Pacquiao or GGG's legacy. If you wanted someone to expose them, then you should have pressured the fighters you like to fight them in their primes, instead of supporting the ducking of these fighters until they got old.

Lomachenko is next up. Do you want him exposed? Then stop supporting duckers like Tank Davis. Actually pressure him to fight Lomachenko before Lomachenko's 33rd birthday, otherwise that **** won't count either if Tank beats him. Lomachenko is only 30 years old right now, so guess what, there is plenty of time. That gives Tank Davis over two years to fight this guy in his prime. Lomachenko has already been calling for that fight for about two years, so that means Tank will have had about a five year window to fight a willing opponent during his prime. If a five year window isn't enough for Tank to make it happen, then guess what, Tank and his team didn't WANT to make it happen. That will mean they wanted to wait until Loma got old, just like Floyd did with Pacquiao, just like Canelo did with GGG (following Floyd's advice through the media of "don't fight him yet, Canelo don't need GGG.")

So if Team Floyd/Tank, or anyone else following the ducker's blueprint, pull the same **** with Loma or anyone else, then that **** won't count for a damn thing either! If you want it to start counting, then you need to stop supporting these duckers, and start demanding they fight top opponents during their PRIMES, which is not only the only way for you to see the fighters you dislike get exposed for REAL where it counts, but is also way better for THE SPORT OF BOXING and way more entertaining!! You ever notice how every megafight these days turns into a complete dud? Never lives up to the hype? You know why that is? Because every megafight lately features an OLD fighter. Every megafight lately features an overrated, younger fighter fighting against an old, past prime great fighter who they ducked until he got old. And when you have a fight between one overrated fighter, and one past prime fighter, what you get is an overrated, past prime, boring fight.

So do you actually care about boxing? Do you actually want to be entertained by boxing like it USED to be when guys actually fought each other in their primes, like Duran-Leonard? Then stop hating on the only guys in the sport who actually try to fight the best IN THEIR PRIMES, and stop supporting all the boxers who duck those guys IN THEIR PRIMES! And if you can't help who you like and dislike, then at least demand the fighters you like fight the ones you dislike IN THEIR PRIMES so that you can actually celebrate when the ones you like win, instead of it not counting for **** like this GGG-Canelo fight won't if Canelo wins. Do what's right for the sport AND your own rooting interests, and stop accepting all these past prime fights due to all the ducking being done by the guys you for some reason support!

nope !!

..... and, didn't read the rest

Golovkin was very good against lower-level static opponents..... just like every other top fighter

THAT, is why they avoided the mover spoilers..... and THAT is why Sanchez admitted that Golovkin needs his opponent right in front of him in order to be effective.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7c3-WVF agM (remove space)

#excuses

Comment

Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
                I believe Saunders has a better shot at beating GGG than Canelo. By no means I think Canelo doesn’t have a good chance to beat him, but I realli have a difficult time seeing him win by KO or a non controversial decision.

Last time around, I thought that Canelo fought above my expectations, while GGG underperformed. Based on that belief, I see GGG winning around 8 rounds.

Maybe GGG underperforms in big fights like ODLH, who knows? His 2 big fights gave more questions than answers.

or.....

you bought the hype about Golovkin, and underestimated Canelo

like the others

Comment

nope !!

..... and, didn't read the rest

Golovkin was very good against lower-level static opponents..... just like every other top fighter

THAT, is why they avoided the mover spoilers..... and THAT is why Sanchez admitted that Golovkin needs his opponent right in front of him in order to be effective.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7c3-WVF agM (remove space)

#excuses
                  Exactly this. GGG isn't 150 years old and in a wheelchair, he is a professional athlete and couldn't cut off the ring effectively because Canelo isn't as dogshyt as someone like David Lemieux. To blame his lack of foot speed is laughable.

Abel has all but said he is a dumbass trainer who can only hope to win if his opponent is a stationary target. We saw what happened with his other one-dimensional fighter Gassiev when he fough a move in Usyk.

Comment

or.....

you bought the hype about Golovkin, and underestimated Canelo

like the others
                    Underestimated? His best wins is a hugely controversial decision to Lara and a close but clear decision to a shot to **** Cotto (even that one had fixed cards lol). If anything, you’re overestimating him.

Regarding the GGG hype... I just wrote that Saunders (who isn’t a MW great or anything) has a huge chance to beat GGG. How am I overhyping him?

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      Canelo gonna get lit up like a Christmas tree.
                      Chritmas trees get lit in December not September stupid azz. Everybody forgot that O'Sullivan was promised to fight Canelo in December maybe thats what u mean. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X