Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Damaged Name in U.S., I'll KO Fury in Mid-Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
    It was probably for a word that I left out of my original post. Bad eyes and my fingers don't always type what I'm thinking,
    Lol... just joking.

Comment

• How many Joshua **** blowing alts am I going to run into in one day lmao...!!!???

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        It was actually Barry Hearn who put out a tweet saying that the contract would be signed by AJ. Maybe he meant that it would be signed by AJ's promoter? The guy is in his 80's and retired, remember.

Whatever, AJ would sign his own contract, but not Wilder's.

The space for the promoter's signature on that generic contract is for the promoter of the fight, who would be Hearn, not DiBella.

And the contract must have named Joshua as the opponent Wilder would be signing to fight. If the opponent hadn't been named, Wilder would be screaming blue murder about it, and rightly so.
        It was Eddie. Numerous interviews he said we signed...signed by us. Then he backtracked saying that since he owns Joshua's rights as promoter, his signature alone is ok. Yet he works for Joshua...and "we" signed. Then on top of that, Joshua was saying that he signed during his interviews.

Comment

• We'll see. I don't have time for the b/s arguments, but this time next year I expect Joshua will still have the better record and Wilder still won't have fought anybody noteworthy.

Comment

• If Fury can keep Deontay focused on AJ, instead on him, through this whole promotion that would be a nice play.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
              Hearn and Joshua don't need DAZN or the American PPV market to make a bucket of money. They have been making it in the UK already.

Povetkin is 38, yes he was a PED abuser. But he is still the mandatory and will probably make quite a bit of money. Not everything revolves around the US PPV market.
              Joshua stated that he wants to be a billionaire; the US ppv market is the only way to get there in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                I know what power of attorney means. My question is why did Hearn sign not Aj when Aj has signed for all his other fights ? Cause he AJ ? Cause he the A side , cause he is now hearns puppet? Wilder did confirm he received a signed contract but not by Aj. You also forgot why it didn’t have a return match clause like they verbally agreed to. You still can’t tell me another HW who took a flat fee for a fight of this magnitude but you want wilder to take it right ? Why cause it’s AJ. No hard feelings man just be a little more open minded.
                AJ would sign his own contract, not Wilder's!

I can't believe people are taking this bullshit from Wilder seriously. Why should Joshua's signature be on Wilder's contract? It's Hearn who would be promoting the fight and paying Deontay's purse, not AJ.

Here's how it works ... the promoter - Eddie Hearn - gives a contract to both fighters. Each fighter signs his own contract only, not the other guy's.

The promoter signs both contracts because he is the one who is promising to pay the fighters whatever sum of money is stipulated in the contracts.

That's why Wilder Wilder recieved a contract signed by Hearn, not AJ.
                Last edited by kafkod; 08-14-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  AJ would sign his own contract, not Wilder's!

I can't believe people are taking this bullshit from Wilder seriously. Why should Joshua's signature be on Wilder's contract? It's Hearn who would be promoting the fight and paying Deontay's purse, not AJ.

Here's how it works ... the promoter - Eddie Hearn - gives a contract to both fighters. Each fighter signs his own contract only, not the other guy's.

The promoter signs both contracts because he is the one who is promising to pay the fighters whatever sum of money is stipulated in the contracts.

That's why Wilder Wilder recieved a contract signed by Hearn, not AJ.
                  All you know is that a contract was sent. That's all you know. You don't know what was on it, the date or where the fight was. Just stfu lmao.

Comment

• Ppl need to stop thinking of AJ as a real boxer over here he is a brand a poster boy for sky tv matchroom and its 'lad' fans also the appeal with uk females to get another load of ppv buys.You can bet your life hearn has been sat with sky executives who have told him AJ must not lose and they don't want a repeat of the Amir Khan situation when he signed a multi fight deal and got ktfo by presscott in the first one embarrassing sky tv

Fury vs wilder is the legit fight to make

Comment

• How could Joshua damage his name over here? Outside of someone on vacation from England nobody else has heard of him. And he could kill a family member of some of the Brits in front of them and they'd still back him. Unarguably some of the top fans in the world but they go full ****** when it comes to Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                      X