Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Damaged Name in U.S., I'll KO Fury in Mid-Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
    Povetkin is 38 and I'd expect he'll earn about £15m ($19.1m)...that's not bad is it? More than Wilder has ever earned.

Can't wait for the fireworks on Saturday and then, finally, a date for Fury v Wilder.

It's pretty obvious that AJ will fight whoever the WBC champ is. Eventually.
    There in lies the problem. Why was Wilder offered a flat fee of $15 million yet Povetkin will be paid $19.1 million. We both know the reason, Wilder was low balled because Hearn didn't really want the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commie View Post
      Wilder was getting outboxed by a smaller b level Polish hool until he got lucky
      Unless Fury comes in out of shape and out of his mind it's going to be another clinic like Usyk vs Gassiev
      Wilder also was being out boxed by a very good fighter in Louis Ortiz but look at the end result. This will also be the case with fury and Fury doesn't have the discouraging power that Ortiz has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
        How is the AJuice/PEDvetkin promotion going down in Queenland? Has to be the most talked about fight around, that’s all we here in America is about that great fight!!!!
        Lmao! Wilder vs fury is starting to drown out GGG vs Canelo 2 over here!!! The way that the promo is buzzing over here.. u would think AJ fights Povetkin in April! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
          There in lies the problem. Why was Wilder offered a flat fee of $15 million yet Povetkin will be paid $19.1 million. We both know the reason, Wilder was low balled because Hearn didn't really want the fight.
          Lol.. str8 up!!! Eddie spaghetti shyte his pants when AJ put out that offer for 50 million guarantee! !

Comment

Exactly my thoughts...

QUACK QUACK WILDER
            If Hearn signed the contract for Joshua but did not include a copy of the power of attorney showing he was authorized to sign for Joshua then why would Wilder sign the contract? Did Hearn include a copy of the power of attorney?

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              "They also said that Joshua signed the contract. When [Joshua's promoter] Eddie [Hearn] sent the form, Joshua's name was not signed on the contract. It was Eddie Hearn's name signed on the contract. You know man, at this point we're done with the situation, we're satisfied at where we're at, all of our focus is on Tyson Fury right now. We're not thinking about Joshua no more."

This is a clear duck.

You had a signed contract in your hands to become the unified, undisputed heavyweight champion. It didn't need Joshua's signature, just Matchrooms.

If he loses to Fury he will regret not fighting AJ for his entire life.
              Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
              Exactly my thoughts...

QUACK QUACK WILDER
              Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
              Having Hearn's signature on the contract has the same legal effect as having Joshua's name on the contract. Making so much of such an inconsequential detail isn't a good look for Wilder's team in terms of this Joshua/Wilder narrative, but it keeps the fangirls happy.
              Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
              Yeah I agree with the above, he should of dropped the BS line about it not having Joshua's personal signature. Lost respect for him for that because it proves he's clearly tryna push a fake narrative. So then you have to ask, what else has wilder been economical with the truth about and manipulated the wording regarding.
              Exactly my thoughts. Dumbontay isn't exactly the most intelligent boxer in the world, but he must have signed enough fight contracts by now to know that a fighter signs his own contract, not his opponent's.

So this crap is clearly aimed at misleading the dumber end of the boxing fanbase - the kind of morons who lap up shite from DBN and associated YT channels.

And yes, it does make you wonder about how much faith anybody can place in other statements from Wilder and co.

Comment

• Have to respect the Wild Man. He's going to get in there with Fury after getting in there with King Kong. Not afraid of a challenge, that's for sure..

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post

I don't know what that guy was talking about but there is no way Povetkin is getting $19m. It's probably much closer to $5m.

Comment

Wilder has never faced anyone like Fury. Granted it was the big overhand right of Cunningham that floored Fury but that was bang on the button.

Windmill Wilder doesn't have that accuracy and is facing a taller man with a longer reach, that alone puts him at a huge disadvantage. Fury has had to fight as a huge underdog to pull off an upset against one of the finest HW's ever. He knows what he needs to do to beat Wilder.

I used to hate Fury but the prospect of seeing him demolish Wilder, go on lad!
                    Wilder's windmilling doesn't begin until he already has his guy hurt (or thinks he does). So I wouldn't make such a big issue of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                      Lmao! AJ isn't the best.. so who cares about fake u.k rankings! we have the best! Povetkin and AJ are both roided to the gills. So may the best ped user win!
                      Oh wow, yeah cause you really know what you are talking about! well done for proving you’re a dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                      X