Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Welcomes War With Canelo: He's NOT a Heavy Puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Canelo winning myself, but 118-110 is f**cking ridiculous... Same here GGG all jabs and wiffs. If Canelo can somehow avoid all those jabs and throws more punches he wins easily.

Comment

GGG never takes it too far. He had a problem with the doping and voiced it a few times, but other than that, he respects the opponent. Of course, it's hard to tell what he's like. Everyone else looks like a nice guy once Abel starts talking lol.

Comment

Learn true meaning of boxing. This is not rock em sock em robots. Being elusive is not running. Best if GGG learned to cut off the ring . All these huggers trying to use GGG weakness as a slap against Canelo.

Comment

Abel is a great trash talker but a lousy trainer. He has ruined more careers than he has created champions . GGG is the same as he always has been and Abel inherited him. If GGG loses he is irrelevant to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
            But but Golovkin missed shots..
            And those missed shots did not count as points fixed it for you. Nor will they ever count as points for any other boxer out there. This is probably the most over used and ******est comment by any poster. Stop it already makes you posters sound lame with that over used post.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
              Trust me, I don’t read any of your posts. I did read the (1) today because you actually took time to copy and paste like 5 or 6 comments to your post. That’s probably the 1st time in the history of this boxing forum someone has actually taken the time to do that. Your probably on welfare. But I’m sure everyone looked at that like this is a really f@cking loser right here. It must have taken you hours to go through every post and pick out the ones you jerked off too online-LOLLOLLOLLOL!!!

And I joined back in 2010 and you joined in 2017. But YOU have way more posts than me BUT less reputation power. That should tell you a lot about how people feel about your comments-LOLLOLLOLLOL!!!!!!
              Oh man my rep? You brought up my rep? Now I have been exposed. I’m going to cry on my model wife’s shoulder. Maybe pack for Vegas. Going to the boxing. Hall of fame again. Pathetic I know. But it will help me get my mind of this roasting you delivered upon me. Or maybe I don’t pack, just shop when I get there. I need something to wear for the Garcia porter fight anyway. Well thank you for setting me straight. Didn’t know what a loser I was until you showed me. Well I’ll see you around, unless you see me at your favorite fight first. I’ll be on tv of course and you’ll be at home. Unless it’s on a premium channel which in case you’ll miss it. But I digress....and there is nothing wrong with welfare. There are plenty of hard luck families that benefit from the system. Thanks agian for every thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                I was pissed at the strategy they chose to use for the mayweather fight. But he learned a lot and has improved a bunch since that schooling
                I remember when Floyd signed that fight and I was nervous. I really thoughts Canelo was going to take that 0. Watched the fight live at a crowed Dave and Busters. Line through out the door. Floyd made it look easy ! I own the fight on bluray. It's a classic.

Comment

When Canelo’s team stated that they are working on conditioning to throw more punches, they are focusing on (3) things in this training camp to help with that which leaves me to believe the fight will go 12 rounds again. They are really game planning for a decision, a points victory.

1. Cardio...Physical movement requires the use of your muscles. And muscles need oxygen in order to break down the glucose (sugar) in your bloodstream to create energy. So having strong muscles won’t do you any good if your body can’t absorb oxygen fast enough to fuel your muscles. So they are hitting the bag more, running more, and sparring more in this camp.

2. Muscle conditioning....You need strong legs to move you around the ring. You need a strong core to generate power. You need well-conditioned shoulders and arms to throw hundreds of punches at high speed. Every muscle you need to use in boxing must be well-conditioned or else you’ll experience muscle fatigue that makes it difficult to fight and sustain energy down the stretch. A lot of running, skipping rope, squats for the legs, heavy & speed bag work, shadowboxing, and push-ups for the arms. Sit-ups and crunches for the core body.

3. Muscle Memory....the muscle memory is a part of your brain that stores information on repeated movements. In boxing; it’s practicing real movements that simulate actual fighting. This means lots of practice throwing “specific” punches that are part of the game plan, shadowboxing, and a lot of sparring to simulate specific punching movements. This practice not only builds muscle memory but also confidence in using those movements.

Comment

Originally posted by Junbengreat View Post
                    So Canelo is not a heavy puncher yet ggg abandoned going to the body simply beacause........ the only thing ggg did better in their first fight is land more jabs. Canelo outlanded him in body and power punches
                    He didn’t abandon it he never even threw any body punches. It had nothing to do with canelos supposed power. It’s like he was told you better not hit him in the body. Getting outlanded has nothing to do with power

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                      The type of “knowledge” as you stated are “common sense” responses from what I call armchair boxing fans and really don’t show any boxing IQ at all. They are bird parrot responses, basically repeating what has been said already here or elsewhere or heard.

Here is what a “real boxing IQ” will illustrate. It breaks down the tactical strategies more. You want to know the accurate reason GGG didn’t go to the body more and only threw (8) body shots the entire night. It’s because the body shot is easier to counter in boxing than the jab is. That’s boxing 101 and one of the first things you learn in a boxing gym. GGG threw more jabs and power shots in the first fight because Canelo was more accurate with his counter shots. Canelo’s effective counter punching and the angles he created with his footwork discouraged GGG from going to the body. When GGG throws body shots, he prefers a specific stance. Canelo’s ring generalship never allowed him to get set for the type of body shots GGG likes to throw and was effective with against past opponents. And most of the punches GGG threw were jabs and power shots to the head.

So Canelo was so effective with his countering and footwork all night, that GGG jabbed instead of throwing body shots to set up his head shots, instead of body shots to set up his head shots like he normally does. Again, it is more difficult to counter a jab than a punch to the body. So Boxers can be reluctant to throw certain punches based off what’s easier to counter.

And fighters can sometimes be reluctant to go in and it doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with fearing the power of another fighter. It means they are afraid of being countered where points are scored and collected. For example, fighters that faced guys like Pernall Whitaker & Floyd Mayweather including Canelo, weren’t necessarily afraid of their power but afraid of losing rounds on points and getting countered and hit period. So GGG is basically saying Canelo isn’t much of a heavy puncher “to him” as much as an effective counter puncher that can accumulate points within rounds that can win a fight & sway the judges. I’m sure GGG felt Canelo’s punches but he is probably comparing them to other punches he felt such as Lemieux or Jacobs or other “natural middleweights.”

Another thing, I joke about Canelo but I think he won that first fight. GGG got awarded for aggression but it wasn’t effective aggression. He threw more jabs and power shots but his accuracy wasn’t there. Canelo got awarded from judges on his effective counter shots. But they didn’t award him enough. They got caught up in GGG coming forward all night and just throwing more. He landed punches but they weren’t as effective and as impactful as the punches Canelo landed. That is why the fight was score a draw, it was the optics and how it looked to each judge scoring the fight.

The (1) judge who had it wide for Canelo, he saw only (8) body shots from GGG which is a staple in his arsenal in previous fights and he saw a lot of GGG’s punches missing as compared to Canelos, so he believed Canelo was running away with the fight all night. And when GGG did land, his punches didn’t have the same type of impact they had in previous fights. Judges will consider that. Canelo didn’t appear to be hurt all night from any shot.

The judge that score for GGG, thought he was the agressor and dictated the fight because he was coming forward and throwing more punches. All the stats suggest that but he wasn’t effectively cutting off the ring and controlling the fight. The (1) judge that scored for GGG was based on his perception of who was controlling the fight, right or wrong. Sugar Ray Leonard backed up all night against Hagler but stood in certain moments in each round in front of Hagler and threw crisp landing shots that were clearly scored by the judges even though they didn’t hurt Hagler. Canelo probably knows he didn’t do enough of what Leonard did which is why they said they will increase their endurance and throw more punches in the second fight.

And it you look at my response to the boxingfanatic on Clenbutrol, it shows he knows nothing about what was in Canelos body. And this POST shows NONE of YOU really know sh@t about boxing-LOL!
                      Insightful...textbook breakdown. Should be required reading for fanboys. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X