Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Won't Fight Me April 13th; Should Be Embarrassed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Let's not confuse a fact with an opinion. The facts are the events that actually occurred. The opinions are why those events occurred in the manner they occurred and what the events mean to the future. It's undeniable that AJ fought and defeated Martin Klitschko and Parker. Why those fights happened and others didn't is debatable. Should the WBA Super title or IBO title been on the line vs Klitschko? Would Klitschko have fought Joshua if the money wasn't so good?

My opinion is it isnt so much Joshua's greatness as a fighter that has gotten him where he is, it's the financial backing from British fans. Why? The belts have chased the money more so than the fighter have chased the belts. That's how you get a flat fee offer.....
    Genuine question, who would you think would have fought Klitschko and won the WBA instead of AJ? Just to warn you, if you say Wilder, I will not agree with you.

Yeah that’s fair enough. Without his promoters backing then he may not be where he is today, but he is where he is and he’s the golden boy of British boxing which, being a Brit, I love. Wilder and his camp haven’t exactly covered himself in the glory that you are alluding to though. Finkel did the same to Wilder at 33-0 that Hearn is doing to AJ at 21-0.

The problem is, because AJ has been so ‘successful’ in today’s HW division, the expectation for him to do so for his entire career increases the risk with each fight so then you get people saying he’s a coward. The guy is 21-0 and has been fighting on the world stage since his 16th (?) fight, who was Wilder fighting on his 16th fight? You know what I mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
      Genuine question, who would you think would have fought Klitschko and won the WBA instead of AJ? Just to warn you, if you say Wilder, I will not agree with you.

Yeah that’s fair enough. Without his promoters backing then he may not be where he is today, but he is where he is and he’s the golden boy of British boxing which, being a Brit, I love. Wilder and his camp haven’t exactly covered himself in the glory that you are alluding to though. Finkel did the same to Wilder at 33-0 that Hearn is doing to AJ at 21-0.

The problem is, because AJ has been so ‘successful’ in today’s HW division, the expectation for him to do so for his entire career increases the risk with each fight so then you get people saying he’s a coward. The guy is 21-0 and has been fighting on the world stage since his 16th (?) fight, who was Wilder fighting on his 16th fight? You know what I mean?
      I think any reasonable unbias fan known Joshua has come a long way in a short period of time. Like you pointed out to have three belts with only 21 fights is something that is unheard of, if its easily done then others would have done so.

He took calculated risks and it paid off for him, Mayweather went through this in his career, where people call his opponents a bum AFTER he beats them.

I personally think he has achieve too much too early, i like the fact that they moved him to tougher fights early in his career, if they had moved him the Wilder way (30-0 odd fights before stepping up) then he wouldnt be where he is today.

Comment

Ive been making this point for ages, 21 fights with that level of success is incredible, regardless of era. So in of itself that is something for the history books. But, you know it’s logic wasted on Wilder fans because they actually are happy with a guy that has fought 40 times and can only name a couple of decent fighters (and even those have huge question marks), so you pretty much have to discount their knowledge of the sport or their integrity or both.

I mean listen to the man (and they do), he comes out and says Ortiz is the second best boxer in HW, some old guy that has to take heart pills and has literally, and I mean fact, never accomplished anything in boxing. Not a belt not even a serious amateur title, he wasn’t even on a Cuban olympic team let alone a medalist, total hype job.

Comment

• Win against Wilder would not give much to Joshua. I mean it would be an OK win but nothing special. Wilder is a paper champ and his best wins are bums like Washington, Szpilka, Duhaupas and so on. And yeah a 40 old cuban refugee.

Better rematch Whyte, who beat Parker.

Comment

Yeah that’s fair enough. Without his promoters backing then he may not be where he is today, but he is where he is and he’s the golden boy of British boxing which, being a Brit, I love.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I think any reasonable unbias fan known Joshua has come a long way in a short period of time. Like you pointed out to have three belts with only 21 fights is something that is unheard of, if its easily done then others would have done so.

I personally think he has achieve too much too early, i like the fact that they moved him to tougher fights early in his career, if they had moved him the Wilder way (30-0 odd fights before stepping up) then he wouldnt be where he is today.
            Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
            Ive been making this point for ages, 21 fights with that level of success is incredible, regardless of era. So in of itself that is something for the history books. But, you know it’s logic wasted on Wilder fans because they actually are happy with a guy that has fought 40 times and can only name a couple of decent fighters (and even those have huge question marks), so you pretty much have to discount their knowledge of the sport or their integrity or both.
            Ok first...let me say that if you have to compare Joshua to Wilder to make your argument, your argument isn't that strong.

2nd Joshua has been successful in attaining belts. He won 4 belts against 3 fighters. He did what he had to do, but he didnt have to do much. Martin and Parker arguably should never even been champions. Martin definitely. So when I say Joshua success is more attributable to the support of British fans, I mean that because two weak champions sold their belts essentially. He gets major props for getting off the floor and stopping WK. Even if it was his last fight.

You guys are being duplicitous. On one hand you're lauding AJ for his accomplishments and saying he is great because he has 4 belts in 21 fights. Then on the other hand you say well he only has 21 fights, people have too high expectations for him. He shouldn't have to take big risks every fight. If he is great enough to have 4 belts he is great enough to defend those belts against all comers.

This has nothing to do with Wilder. So comparing him to Wilder or dismissing my perspective as that of a Wilder fan is a cop out. It's always the other guy who is biased right? No way the British fan is biased towards the British fighter. No way the British fan would prefer AJ have a long reign as champ and not have to defend his titles as an underdog.

Comment

Ok first...let me say that if you have to compare Joshua to Wilder to make your argument, your argument isn't that strong.

2nd Joshua has been successful in attaining belts. He won 4 belts against 3 fighters. He did what he had to do, but he didnt have to do much. Martin and Parker arguably should never even been champions. Martin definitely. So when I say Joshua success is more attributable to the support of British fans, I mean that because two weak champions sold their belts essentially. He gets major props for getting off the floor and stopping WK. Even if it was his last fight.

You guys are being duplicitous. On one hand you're lauding AJ for his accomplishments and saying he is great because he has 4 belts in 21 fights. Then on the other hand you say well he only has 21 fights, people have too high expectations for him. He shouldn't have to take big risks every fight. If he is great enough to have 4 belts he is great enough to defend those belts against all comers.

This has nothing to do with Wilder. So comparing him to Wilder or dismissing my perspective as that of a Wilder fan is a cop out. It's always the other guy who is biased right? No way the British fan is biased towards the British fighter. No way the British fan would prefer AJ have a long reign as champ and not have to defend his titles as an underdog.
              You literally just fabricated a position to argue against.
              Last edited by peplz; 08-11-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Ortiz who was ranked #1 at the end of 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
                  You literally just fabricated a position to argue against.
                  I did it for you. Figured you wouldn't be able to comment otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    No I don’t want Wilder to accept a 15million flat fee but those are my own personal feelings.However what I would like is for him to stop babbling on about Joshua being scared because if he was there wouldn’t be a signed contract sitting in front of you and you and your manager are playing silly games with the media saying Why is Eddie’s signature on the contract when your manager knows full well Eddie has power of attorney as Joshua is his client.

So to conclude Joshua is not scared because Wilder has a contract to sign and Wilder is not scared because he has been calling for this fightand he won’t sign the contract because he doesn’t accept flat fees in 2019. Just playing but it does make you think if you try and think impartially that would he ever have signed a flat fee to begin with? We know he wants the fight, I don’t doubt that but he doesn’t just want to sell his belt. Which is fair enough.

N.B 45% for Wilder please explain how you came about this percentage? I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, just explain
                    There is no denying that both joshua and wilder are the two best heavyweights in boxing.. This is the biggest money fight boxing can make right now and it can not happen without aj and it can not happen without wilder therefor give aj 55% because he is the a side and give wilder 45% as the b side. Im basing the pcts off the fact that this fight cant be made without each other. aj deserves more of the split because he has most of the belts. simple math. like i said, it will be a career high payday for BOTH fighters.

Comment

I thought yo would have just been grateful that I conceded and agreed with you! Rub my face in it why don’t you?

I don’t think it’s being duplicitous, we are saying that yes AJ has done well but now the expectations are higher for him, nots not deceitful, that’s just true. I expect AJ to only fight the best but I think we has done very well do date.

Personally, I would only compare AJ to Wilder because, apart from Fury, they have something major to lose and gain. Fury only really loses face slightly because of the comeback he is on. The lineal has lost its appeal to me because the fact it’s not something that can be removed unless you retire...in my eyes, Fury is a doper despite one of the greatest upsets ever, in my lifetime definitely. That is not something kids should want to emulate.

Comment

Working...
                      X