No announcement yet.

Joshua Career vs Lewis Career : A REALITY CHECK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    you are hilarious. you discredit his win over Tucker saying he was far past his prime yet give Joshua credit for beating an old ass Wlad coming off of a loss and a layoff?? and now a 38 year old Povetkin is a formidable for yet Tucker was far past prime?
    ^^^^this^^^^

The bottom line is he is try to use a comparison with Lennox to say AJ is well on his way to greatness. At the end of the day you can't judge a career until it is over or close to it. This seems to escape many fanatics.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      ^^^^this^^^^

The bottom line is he is try to use a comparison with Lennox to say AJ is well on his way to greatness. At the end of the day you can't judge a career until it is over or close to it. This seems to escape many fanatics.
      He just starting insulting people after I asked him about that

Comment

Oh jesus fu**ing christ

Comment

I lol at this. The hype for AJ who hasn't accomplished anything. I don't count that Wlad win as anything. Wlad was off a layoff and what? 10 years+ older than AJ.

Lewis beat everyone in a time where the division had tougher competition. Now the only competition Aj really has and he's avoiding it. Heck, I would even give Aj credit if he fought and beat Ortiz. People claim Ortiz is old as fuk (we don't really know), yet he's not by any means an easy fight. I can even see him outboxing Aj and stopping him. That was a great win for Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
            How would a prime Lewis v current AJ go down ????
            Tough fight .....

I would give the advantage to the more explosive combo puncher .

That would be Joshua who likes close range fighting so Lewis jab would have less importance just like Klitchkos was nullified when Joshua went inside on him .

Both could fight long or short range , the difference is the actual styles .Joshua is a very good counterpuncher with speed and power making him harder to hit . ( Hes the least hit HW )

Lewis was more about imposing himself first ,where Joshua doesnt bother clinching or physical pushing ,he eats you up and punishes you from the opening bell with punches .

Would Lewis impose himself on the 6'6 240 plus Joshua ? I highly doubt that .

Lewis needs the jab to dictate a fight , Joshua does not he has a very underated jab ,he finished off Breazeale with one and stayed with Wlads .

Joshua has far better body work and has more ways to win if hes getting out jabbed .

Joshua is a better inside fighter then Lewis was , his combos are unmatched for a guy who weighs over 240 ..

Joshua is faster and is heavier handed .

Joshua has a more proven chin .

Joshua has equal size to Lewis with a slight height advantage .

The main advantage i give Lewis is ability to adapt but what is he adapting to against Joshua ?

How would Lewis win if he has shown he is vulnerable under pressure ( see the Bruno, Briggs , Klitchko fights ) ____ theres others !

Again lets look at the ACTUAL match up here ....

Joshua at 6'6 245 rarely loses rnds , is a great finisher , doesnt waste punches , throws every punch in the book , and is highly calculating in the ring and follows instructions easy ( this wasnt the case with Lewis all the time ,he lost focus a lot ) .

Lewis himself was a dominator so its going to make the fight easier for who can land first bcthere going forward ......again my moneys on Joshua ( he would have finished Klitchko in 5 had he stayed focused )

The only thing you had on Joshua before the Klitchko fight was rounds inexperience that was a strike against him.

Do you know how hard it is in your 19 fight weighing your heaviest and never going past 7 rnds going to 11 AFTER a huge knock down mid way and STILL win ? Against motivated Klitchko !

See when ppl tell me that Lewis wins thats O.K they never actually base it on anything !

But when someone tells me Joshua gets destroyed and its a mismatch it tells me they dont know what the fook theyre talking about .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-19-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

then your op is so damn biased...why didnt you list

Henry Akinwande (undefeated) list you did for Joshua's foes?

then you just did not list Golota at all

Comment

Why don't you mention Lewis's dominating performance of Razor Ruddock? The reason he was "given" the WBC belt after Bowe started pissing in his pants at the idea of Lewis being a mandatory challenger.

Ruddock at the time was a better fighter than anyone that Joshua has fought.

/ENDTHREAD

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  then your op is so damn biased...why didnt you list

Henry Akinwande (undefeated) list you did for Joshua's foes?

then you just did not list Golota at all
                  because he's an idiot and doesn't realize that the "0" in someones record is more of a new thing that everyone needs to have to be taken seriously.

20 years ago if someone had a "25-0" record people would be asking them when they planned on stepping up in competition. Now once someone loses their 0 their considered a bum so nobody fights top talent.

When Ali vs Frazier happened, the world nearly imploded with the concept of two undefeated heavyweights fighting each other.

meanwhile in 2017. Fury vs Wilder will be the third time it's happened (just off the top of my head, might even be higher) because nobody wants to fight each other.

Comment

theres been very few fighters who have done what joshuas done in such a short space of time. a lot of wilder fans ducked my thread today asking about recent fighters who have fought the level of competition that joshua has in 21 fights. we got usyk, lomachenko and mayweather named, thats about it. no heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                      I lol at this. The hype for AJ who hasn't accomplished anything. I don't count that Wlad win as anything. Wlad was off a layoff and what? 10 years+ older than AJ.

Lewis beat everyone in a time where the division had tougher competition. Now the only competition Aj really has and he's avoiding it. Heck, I would even give Aj credit if he fought and beat Ortiz. People claim Ortiz is old as fuk (we don't really know), yet he's not by any means an easy fight. I can even see him outboxing Aj and stopping him. That was a great win for Wilder.
                      hasnt accomplished anything about from hold 3 belts within 21 fights lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X