Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sergey Kovalev is Pretty Much Done at 35!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all in the head/mind. Maybe he comes back fine, but who does he fight?
    I’d like to see Kovalev fight again, but not Alvarez, at least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      there are like 6 george foremans since he named all his kids the same thing
      hahahahaha!

Comment

Kovalev should go over to Robert Garcias camp. Kova is the type of guy who seems not competent enough to manage and keep himself sharp professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          And in Hopkins's case, he started much later than the others so he wasn't even a decade into his career at 35.
          In Hopkins' case, he knew defense! Kovalev has no Plan B if his straight right hand doesn't get the KO! Now Kovalev is only good for 6! If he can't get the KO, he's finished! He can't take belly shots, he can't go backwards, his reflexes suck! And he doesn't have any pop in those punches after 6 rounds!

Comment

I had a feeling this would happen tbh after seeing the weigh-in, Kovalev just didn't look strong as before, he was always kinda wiry and huge back but he just looked like maybe he had been going thru motions for a while training

His nutrition must suck too, he fatigued faster than usual, I guess it's time to retire after a great career

Comment

This what happens when you have a garbage trainer & u drink vodka in camp!

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                If only Roy looked at himself the same way

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                  Kovalev is only done if he don’t get his $h*t together. He needs to be in shape to fight 15 rounds. He needs to strengthen his core. He needs to keep his fkn hands up.
                  He'd still have a glass chin. He's done. He's lost his aura and everyone knows they can knock him out now.

Comment

Yep stick a fork in him. He's done. Now Canela will try to do the same to G man with only 2 belts now.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      what time is it? its overreaction time!

Kovalev had the fight in the bag and was in control then got dropped by a right hand from hell.

He's not done.. it happens. he'll fight again.

Jones is the LAST mofo in boxing who should be giving anybody retirement advice.
                      No he's done. His chin has completely gone, that never comes back. Everyone knows he's there to be knocked out now. He's totally lost his bully aura and has no fear factor now. If he fights again, he'll be knocked out by any decent contender. To believe otherwise is just denial.
                      I hope he does fight again, so I get to see him get smoked at least once more. Wonder if he'll try and spin a list of excuses again to try and convince himself he doesn't have serious problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X