Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sergey Kovalev is Pretty Much Done at 35!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
    Try boxing with your hands down. You’ll find out you have a glass jaw too
    Are you actually making excuses for Kovalev's chin? That ***** has turned to china. It was already practically gone in the 2nd Ward fight - one decent right hand and his legs turned to jelly.
    Btw, I have a solid chin, never been down or even hurt from a head shot, different trainers in different gyms have remarked on how well I take a shot : )

Comment

I get tired of the same dumb asses on this forum and thats why I joke around and don’t take it seriously sometimes. Over 90% of the people here don’t know sh@t about boxing.

Stick to the f@cking subject. Roy is talking about Cryvalev, not his own career or anyone else’s. And he is right, Cryvalev is officially done at 35. Roy spoke the truth. Cryvalev is already shot-retire!

Try to stay on topic d@cksh@ts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
        Roy admitted that he's shot, and he eventually began fighting the appropriate type of opponents for a shot fighter to beat. Kovalev may not be able to admit the truth to himself, even after last night. We'll see who Kovalev decides to blame in the coming days & weeks. There is no John David Jackson to be his scapegoat anymore.

He’s gonna say he was intact, and that the ref should of given him a 5th chance to get up and fail another sobriety test

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
          I had a feeling this would happen tbh after seeing the weigh-in, Kovalev just didn't look strong as before, he was always kinda wiry and huge back but he just looked like maybe he had been going thru motions for a while training

His nutrition must suck too, he fatigued faster than usual, I guess it's time to retire after a great career
          Good observation, as I noticed the same thing. When he flexed, he didn’t have the same definition I was used to see from him, especially in the shoulder area.

Comment

he needs to take 2 easy fights get a few more checks n retire

Comment

Mentally broken since fighting Ward he should fight Roy in Russia

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Kov deserves credit for some tough wins. Going to England for short money and winning. Imo he won the 1st Ward fight. I think he just needed to humble himself by accepting jackon’s criticism and working to improve in those areas.

He can fight again but I think Ward established the way you beat kov so maybe get a farewell fight and call it quits.
                i agree fella.
                Ward kind of took his soul with that stoppage win in the rematch.
                Kovalev is a typical fight bullly if he knows he can hurt you and get you out of there he will.
                But when he comes up against a fighter with a bit of dog in him and keeps firing back at him he seems to back away or lose the heart to fight.
                Ward and now alvarez.
                Was a bit like tysons cloak of invincibility....once he got beat it was over

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                  Lol yeah. I don’t completely disagree but this is the last guy who should be offering retirement advice
                  Roy Jones stayed around too long but he is Roy Jones.
                  He had the chance to be the only man to hold titles from jr middle to cruiser to heavy. That’s a pretty good reason to not retire although I wish he did after Tarver 1; which he stated initially.

Comment

Shows how overrated Ward had become. Alvarez got a legit stoppage without needing two fights and a ball attack combination to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                      Good observation, as I noticed the same thing. When he flexed, he didn’t have the same definition I was used to see from him, especially in the shoulder area.
                      He's not as alert and punching as fast and sharp as he was a few short years ago, I don't think it's mainly age, it's his head and not training right

Look at how sharp he punched before and he was a good boxer too ,say in first Ward fight when he got jobbed and never really recovered mentally I guess and didn't train as hard after maybe

Comment

Working...
                      X