Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Holy shyt!!! Happy for Alvarez, who I supported strongly, but sad to see Kovalev go out like this. He was a mighty man once.
    Same here. I was always disgusted by Kovalev's pride and racist antics, but I've always respected his fight game.

It was hard to see him go out like this tonight, though he's had his share of embarrassing opponents within 12 frames.

Comment

• Damn! Stayed off all social media and just watched! Happy I did! Good fight! Beautiful punch! Great win!

Comment

• Kovalev had a very good career. Is he finished? Against the top guys, he probaby is. Does he wanna hang around as a fringe guy? That's up to him. He probably should retire but boxing is unique in the fact that the decision is not made for you like in team sports. I was lucky to see him fight in person on a couple of ocassions. Thanks for the memories and good luck to "Krusher" on his future endeavours.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
          Alvarez is 34 years old. Not much of a difference. The guy got beat at his own game. He is a bully and even made fun of a fighter he killed. I don't like these type of guys.
          What the hell are you talking about?

He spoke in several interviews of how deeply Simakov’s death affected him and how bad he felt. He also donated his Chilemba fight purse to Simakov’s parents.

Some dumb people on here...

Comment

• Re

Its a good thing Alvarez came in with the right mindset. Looking at the scorecards, this was setting up to be another questionable judging call, favoring a Main Events fighter, in the NY/NJ region.

They protect their assets. Two that come to mind is, Adamek lost the Chambers fight, and the Cunningham rematch. He was awarded a questionable decision in both.

So, the Ward fights were controversial, but ...Main Events were getting a taste of their own medicine.

Comment

• Good fight and a big win for Alvarez. Two of the top LHW in what was shaping into a competitive fight.

I think everyone knew Alvarez was good, but wanted to see him do it against a top guy, and he delivered. He showed a great chin too, he ate some huge shots in the 4th.

Maybe we will finally get Alvarez/Stevenson.

Comment

• Live by the sword, die by the sword. Kovalev went out like a warrior, throwing punches with bad intentions.
                Alvarez took everything Kovalev had and showed he had more.
                I hate to see Kovalev go, he was a fan friendly fighter who wasn't afraid to let his hands go, but I think it's time. Hard to get up to do road work when you're sleeping between silk sheets.

Comment

• My man Krusher fought a good fight gave it all, father time gets to boxers sometime early, especially when you not cherry picking and fighting the best. I say he should change trainers for one last fight and see how it goes for him, else he should hang it up like Wlad Klitchsko (when he knew it was time).
                  Congrats to Alvarez he won fair and square. Bivol vs Alvarez next!
                  Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 08-05-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    To all the people ****ting on Kovalev, he did not lose until he turned 33 years old, and had already stopped his good training and lifestyle habits. Now all of a sudden you all say he never had any stamina, never had any chin, etc etc. Have none of you considered the possibility that maybe he is just on the decline? Every athletic study shows that athletes in most sports decline BEFORE they hit 30, and distance swimming is the only sport where it's 31 or 32 years old. That sport is similar to boxing in terms of what it requires from athletes. So at minimum, Kovalev is 3-4 years past his athletic prime, possibly 5+ years.

Prime Kovalev would hurt guys, like he hurt Alvarez in the 4th round, and then keep throwing, non-stop, until they were gone. This Kovalev had one round to give, Alvarez took the shots, and Kovalev couldn't muster more than 1-2 combos the rest of the night, taking rests in between. That's a past prime fighter.
                    Alvarez and Ward are just better then kov. No shame in that.

Comment

• Great jab Alvarez has.

Comment

Working...
                      X