Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
    I mean he faced Pascal and Boone 4 times though...Pascal is a really strong guy/puncher

I like Adonis and he always has a puncher's chance with that left hand...shame we never saw that fight
    yeah Pascal is a good puncher. He knocked hopkins down twice in their first fight and rocked him good in the final round of their 2nd fight. I don't believe Stevenson would have beat Kovalev. He obviously doesn't want to fight anyone and he's not gonna unity with alvarez

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Wow. Great win by Alvarez.
      S.O.G. Aftermath....Lmmfao!

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
        Not saying it’s just one shot from Ward, I’m saying it’s a game of attrition and two fights against Ward will subtract some years off your career, as fighting Hopkins also would when he was younger.

People put too much emphasis on “Big Punchers” but if you study the sport empirically, it’s the attrition fighters who are always the bonafide best.

Hagler, Ward, Hopkins, Calzaghe, ect ect
        I can see the argument that Hagler ruined Mugabe...that was a war and Hagler landed a lot of clean hard punches on him to the head and body.

I just didn't see Ward land anything exceptional on Kov outside of the one big right hand in the second fight. Watching some fights - after a guy connects - you have that 'ooh' feeling.

Andre landed some good hard punches in those fights but I never really had that feeling except for that one punch to the head in the final round

Comment

• Geez, give it a rest. SK is soft.

Comment

• Kovalev wasn't doing too bad during the fight but he's clearly not anywhere near he was pre-Ward. He is 35 years old too so that, along with his damaged mentality from Ward, probably means he's done as top dog. Still a good challenge for most guys at 175.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
              After tonight I think he beats Bivol.
              I got Bivol.

Comment

• my takeaways tonight

1. Ward ruins lives (move on). stop mentioning Ward. this goes to both sides. Ward didn't "ruin" Kovalev and also this result doesn't diminish Ward's two victories against Kov.

2. Stevenson is still a piece of dog sh-t who should've been stripped ages ago. hopefully he rematches Jack, he looked atrocious in that fight.

3. Alvarez jab is the fckn TRUTH.

4. Harold Lederman is worthless and needs to be fired yesterday.

5. Kovalev has no survival instincts because his whole life he's been the one inflicting punishment. he cannot clinch for sh-t.

6. Bivol did not impress. but Chilemba is a master spoiler.

7. Alvarez vs Bivol will be a classic. of course based on tonight you gonna pick Alvarez but thats just in the moment emotional pick. if you analyze those two it's gonna be a real toss up fight. both with great jabs and speed.

8. Kovalev will fight again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                  I was truly impressed with Alvarez tonight, his movement for a guy at 175 was pretty special. And he is a good puncher; his jab was solid. Kov was hesitant and uncomfortable, but I think that was mainly due to Alvarez.

Main reason why I think the first Ward fight affected Kov is because he put everything into that fight and was robbed. So I think going forward he hasn't trained as hard as he should. He doesn't want to put his all in again, and get slighted. My opinion
                  I see what your saying
                  I’m not a Kovi fan but i did think he would win because Alvarez starts fughin slow untill he gets into a rhythm
                  I really thought it would be too late for Alvarez to stage a comeback ( I’ve followed Alvarez from the start of his career )
                  BUt was quite impressed with the power and always knew he has power although he’s like lumberjack ( needs to break you down ) but one thing for sure , Storm needs a challenge to get motivated , I’ve seen the guy in quite a few stinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    well i dont think the power of a low blow really matters that much because its illegal either way but that was one hell of a low blow. ward wound up in an uppercut motion and hit him square in the nuts full force. you have iron balls
                    Lol I mean there were at least 3 or 4 that were no doubt low that I can recall.

He got warned once early. And then a few in the final round/exchange were clearly low. That stuff is not really subjective, don't see how some people can't admit that lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      I like Bivol but Alvarez superior skill and chin beat him imo
                      I got Bivol.

Comment

Working...
                      X